UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> FILA (Wrestling) Drops Grappling & Amateur MMA

5/19/13 8:51 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
huni
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/19/13 8:53 AM

What do you think about FILA's (World Wrestling Federation) decision to drop Grappling & Amateur MMA?

Source: http://www.bjjee.com/bjj-news/fila-world-wrestling-federation-drops-grappling-amateur-mma/
5/19/13 9:15 AM
ubik
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Makes sense to focus on the core/traditional sports considering the current situation with the Olympics and general decline in wrestling in many countries. Im not sure FILA has the resources to support the other sports.
5/19/13 11:11 AM
Stipe
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I never cared for their MMA program.
I never cared for their GI grappling and the billion styles they came up with.
They were pushing 5 things at once, and at the same time a lot of those were way too similar, and because of that neither got much traction. Frequent changes were showing they don't know where they want to go with it all.

Grappling I did care about and it's a shame they disbanded it. Hopefully they'll pick it up again at some point in the future.
5/19/13 12:11 PM
Shemhazai
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck. I hoped maybe the FILA grappling rules could challenge the IBJJF monopoly. So much for that.
5/19/13 3:22 PM
tripleguardpull
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I competed under FILA rules this year and it sucked. They were penalizing a point for pulling guard even with a grip, if you went out of bounds while having someones back for example they would restart in the middle in turtle and many other strange rules that seamed to be tailored for wrestlers. I don't mind that ruleset for Nogi but they used the same rules for the Gi divisions as well which was pretty bunk.
5/19/13 6:35 PM
ChipW
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really like the FILA rules for nogi.  Im glad they dropped subgrappling though.  They need to focus on what they do, which is wrestling.   The new freestyle rules(a lot like the old rules) look promising.  I hope they can keep wrestling in the olympics. 

5/20/13 3:29 PM
jiujitsumma
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh no. Ricky Lundell will never be a "World Champion" again.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.