UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Better Spinning Back-Kick KO: Belfort or Hall?

5/19/13 3:43 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
AndrewJitsu
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd say Belfort. Phone Post 3.0
5/19/13 3:46 PM
John M
265 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hall's was smoother and was a straight knockout, nothing extra needed. Vitor's was in a bigger moment and against a better opponent. If we're just talking about the kick itself, Hall, but if we're talking about the entire package, that makes wayyy harder.
5/19/13 3:48 PM
Ziga
237 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Hall's was more aesthetic, but i need to take the level of opponent into consideration, so I am going to say Vitor's.

And it's the spinning hook kick, no offense, but it's harder to pull of than the spinning back kick, so just to give them credit.
5/19/13 3:49 PM
Figure4LegLock
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vitor...Main Event against #5 Ranked MW. Not even close.
5/19/13 3:52 PM
AndrewJitsu
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Figure4LegLock - Vitor...Main Event against #5 Ranked MW. Not even close.
That's how I justify it. Phone Post 3.0
5/19/13 3:54 PM
Tru
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Click For MMA Videos
AndrewJitsu - 
That's how I justify it. Phone Post 3.0

same here.  to pull it off on #5 mw is more impressive than a guy I can't remember the name of during an exhibition match on a reality show.

5/19/13 3:55 PM
Pompei
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hall... Straight ko Phone Post 3.0
5/19/13 4:10 PM
JoeMimic
675 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not even the same thing. Vitor's knocked him down and then he put him out with a right hand. That's not a spinning back kick KO. Beautiful technique leading to the finish for sure though. Phone Post
5/19/13 4:12 PM
the islander
225 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5/19/13 4:14 PM
sparkuri

From the biggest Vitor nut hugger on the forum, it was great, and big.
But I have to echo others who view the form rather than the stage. Phone Post
5/19/13 6:43 PM
hubris
241 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vitor....hugs
5/19/13 7:07 PM
Purgey
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barbosa>Vitor>Hall IMO Phone Post 3.0
5/19/13 7:11 PM
Grouch
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This. Phone Post
5/19/13 7:24 PM
Neil McCauley

Badr hari vs leko Phone Post
5/19/13 7:31 PM
sparkuri

Neil McCauley -  Badr hari vs leko Phone Post

fantastico

5/19/13 7:37 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Mix6APlix - They were both sloppy. I would have done it better. Barbosa's is better than either.
I hope you're joking about the first part. Agreed about Barbosa's technique > all Phone Post
5/19/13 7:38 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

circa305 - Vitors was on the grand stage main event PPV and was just as nasty.

Vitor FTW!
There is absolutely no way to say Vitor's was just as nasty. Not even remotely close to as nasty. Didn't even knock him out... Phone Post
5/19/13 7:42 PM
Saltyballs
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I say Hall simply because it was a walk off shot. Belfort's was fantastic, but he had to follow up with GnP to finish Rockhold.

5/19/13 7:48 PM
mmamonstar

If hall landed that kick or rockhold would it of knocked him out or down? I bet vitors kick would've knocked halls opponent out. Phone Post
5/19/13 7:50 PM
Saltyballs
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The thing I love about Barboza's kick is that he got to finish his rotation and turn all the way through.

Made it look so damn brutal.
5/20/13 5:47 AM
AndrewJitsu

They are all pretty nice to watch. Watched the gif's just there for a few minutes. Phone Post
5/20/13 5:56 AM
Bucephalus

The correct answer is... yes.
5/20/13 6:31 AM
Brabo Ben
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barbosa's technique is the best, i could watch that gif all day, complete rotation, keeps his balance all the way through and is ready to throw again as soon as he finishes the kick. But vitors is more impressive because of the opponent, throwing a kick well is great, but throwing a kick like that and landing it becomes a smaller window of opportunity with the caliber of opponent, and vitor had already thrown that kick once in the fight so rockhold should have been a bit more cautious to that aspect of vitors striking repertoire rather than just his hands Phone Post 3.0
5/20/13 7:08 AM
Brabo Ben
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FinestScotch -
Brabo Ben - Barbosa's technique is the best, i could watch that gif all day, complete rotation, keeps his balance all the way through and is ready to throw again as soon as he finishes the kick. But vitors is more impressive because of the opponent, throwing a kick well is great, but throwing a kick like that and landing it becomes a smaller window of opportunity with the caliber of opponent, and vitor had already thrown that kick once in the fight so rockhold should have been a bit more cautious to that aspect of vitors striking repertoire rather than just his hands Phone Post 3.0

Disagree.

Barboza and Etim were having a fairly even boxing exchange for 3 rounds. Barboza had the kick in his pocket, and trained Etim's responses to make him eat it.

The fact that Vitor threw the same kick a minute earlier is more of Rockhold not adapting fast enough... Barboza didn't even let Etim see the technique until he knocked him out for a solid 3 minutes with it.

You're not really disagreeing with me, i sort of said the same thing, but i was just of the opinion that the kick was easier to land on etim than it would rockhold, rockhold was also measurably taller than vitor Phone Post 3.0
5/20/13 7:15 AM
mofomike
232 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BITCHES BE TRIPIN NOT KNOWING ABOUT ROLLING THUNDER!

Peter Graham KO's and breaks Badr Hari's Jaw.  Sexy.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.