UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Better Spinning Back-Kick KO: Belfort or Hall?

5/20/13 6:54 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
FinestScotch
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brabo Ben - Barbosa's technique is the best, i could watch that gif all day, complete rotation, keeps his balance all the way through and is ready to throw again as soon as he finishes the kick. But vitors is more impressive because of the opponent, throwing a kick well is great, but throwing a kick like that and landing it becomes a smaller window of opportunity with the caliber of opponent, and vitor had already thrown that kick once in the fight so rockhold should have been a bit more cautious to that aspect of vitors striking repertoire rather than just his hands Phone Post 3.0

Disagree.

Barboza and Etim were having a fairly even boxing exchange for 3 rounds. Barboza had the kick in his pocket, and trained Etim's responses to make him eat it.

The fact that Vitor threw the same kick a minute earlier is more of Rockhold not adapting fast enough... Barboza didn't even let Etim see the technique until he knocked him out for a solid 3 minutes with it.

5/20/13 7:08 AM
Brabo Ben
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FinestScotch -
Brabo Ben - Barbosa's technique is the best, i could watch that gif all day, complete rotation, keeps his balance all the way through and is ready to throw again as soon as he finishes the kick. But vitors is more impressive because of the opponent, throwing a kick well is great, but throwing a kick like that and landing it becomes a smaller window of opportunity with the caliber of opponent, and vitor had already thrown that kick once in the fight so rockhold should have been a bit more cautious to that aspect of vitors striking repertoire rather than just his hands Phone Post 3.0

Disagree.

Barboza and Etim were having a fairly even boxing exchange for 3 rounds. Barboza had the kick in his pocket, and trained Etim's responses to make him eat it.

The fact that Vitor threw the same kick a minute earlier is more of Rockhold not adapting fast enough... Barboza didn't even let Etim see the technique until he knocked him out for a solid 3 minutes with it.

You're not really disagreeing with me, i sort of said the same thing, but i was just of the opinion that the kick was easier to land on etim than it would rockhold, rockhold was also measurably taller than vitor Phone Post 3.0
5/20/13 7:15 AM
mofomike
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BITCHES BE TRIPIN NOT KNOWING ABOUT ROLLING THUNDER!

Peter Graham KO's and breaks Badr Hari's Jaw.  Sexy.

5/20/13 11:55 AM
Doc T
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Two different kicks Phone Post 3.0
5/20/13 3:09 PM
Bucephalus

Edited: 05/20/13 3:10 PM

The thing about Hari vs.Graham that is amazing is first Graham KO's Hari with a sweet spinning back kick and then in the rematch, Hari KO's Graham with the SAME kick... BOTH kicks resulted in broken jaws for each fighter. Crazy. You couldn't script better revenge.
5/20/13 3:14 PM
MMA Girls
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joanne, MMA Girls
John M - Hall's was smoother and was a straight knockout, nothing extra needed. Vitor's was in a bigger moment and against a better opponent. If we're just talking about the kick itself, Hall, but if we're talking about the entire package, that makes wayyy harder.

this!
5/20/13 3:18 PM
Global Shield
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hall Phone Post
5/20/13 3:36 PM
HossPearson
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Purgey - Barbosa>Vitor>Hall IMO Phone Post 3.0
^ Came here to say this. VTFU! Phone Post 3.0
5/20/13 3:42 PM
markiz

Everyone of those moves were beautifully sleek, but I'd say Vitor, because the difference between Luke Rockhold and Adam Cella is just vast. Unlike Hall, Vitor had to deal with a target that actually does move and move well.
5/20/13 3:47 PM
SmellyBelly

the islander - 

I love his mini-mullet in the wind ala JCVD in "Hard Target"

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.