UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Ben Fowlkes Kills it Again (trt)

5/19/13 7:15 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/05/vitor-belforts-latest-win-fuels-testosterone-debate-which-may-be-a-good-thing?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter Phone Post
5/19/13 7:17 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

I'm stupid. Can someone post correct link? Phone Post
5/19/13 7:19 PM
Card
2329 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/05/vitor-belforts-latest-win-fuels-testosterone-debate-which-may-be-a-good-thing

5/19/13 7:20 PM
Card
2329 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great article..

"That's where we are with Belfort and his testosterone usage. Tucked away in Brazil, where the commission is brand new and therapeutic-use exemptions for former steroid cheats are apparently no problem, he faces a problem he doesn't seem to want to acknowledge. The more fights he wins and the more highlight-reel finishes he stacks up, the more he stokes a fire that he'd rather we just ignore.

The thing is, we probably would ignore it if we could. We'd rather watch and enjoy and be awed by these finishes that look like something out of a video game. But knowing what we know, it's impossible to come away from Belfort's recent performances without wondering how much of what we just saw came from him and how much came from a syringe."
5/19/13 7:23 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Thank you card!!! My phone is giving me a hard time. Phone Post
5/19/13 7:28 PM
Team GDP
425 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in before orcus attempts to spin it

5/19/13 7:46 PM
dbeedy
144 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great article. Phone Post 3.0
5/19/13 7:46 PM
horsemeat grew my head
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When keeping it real goes right Phone Post
5/19/13 7:48 PM
epic hero

That applies to every single person using TRT, as far as the advantages go.
5/19/13 7:50 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
589 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Amen Phone Post
5/19/13 7:58 PM
TuLegit

He's right. Longtime vitor fans are just too butthurt to accept his comeback isn't due to Jesus. Phone Post 3.0
5/19/13 8:13 PM
Bruham
476 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd love to just see MMA media as a whole start asking the difficult questions for fighters and promoters alike, whether its asking Bjorn directly about Bellator's drug policy or asking Dana directly about a fighter like Vitor, and what appears to be an effort to keep him from US commissions

Good article Phone Post 3.0
5/19/13 8:46 PM
D241

That article hints at Barry Bonds having extra help during the later part of his career.

The thing is, it's been proven Barry Bonds was playing at a time when the majority of the top guys were on something. 

Lance Armstrong finished first and the next 8 guys after him were also on enhancers. 

I think this example highlights that Vitor Belfort has natural skill above others in the same profession, which is why he is successfull while on trt where many others, aren't successful, while still on trt.

5/19/13 8:49 PM
weebrave
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For later Phone Post
5/19/13 8:51 PM
Kirik
2055 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/05/vitor-belforts-latest-win-fuels-testosterone-debate-which-may-be-a-good-thing?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

5/19/13 8:58 PM
Andersons_Chin
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Best in the business. Phone Post 3.0
5/19/13 11:02 PM
BshMstr
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

good article.

for what it's worth, i think if the UFC established routine testing of TRT users, they be able to get out ahead of this problem. but as it is, it just reminds people of the old "blast and cruise" cycle....
5/19/13 11:04 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
589 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

D241 -

That article hints at Barry Bonds having extra help during the later part of his career.

The thing is, it's been proven Barry Bonds was playing at a time when the majority of the top guys were on something. 

Lance Armstrong finished first and the next 8 guys after him were also on enhancers. 

I think this example highlights that Vitor Belfort has natural skill above others in the same profession, which is why he is successfull while on trt where many others, aren't successful, while still on trt.

Bonds was also the most skilled on hid sport Phone Post
5/19/13 11:10 PM
BshMstr
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

D241 - 

i think that this is a good point, and i don't understand a legitimate reason why a guy like Belfort (or any of them) wouldn't that everything is above board, and prove there's no real advantage.

but as it is, TRT just looks like a simple way to mask cheating....
5/19/13 11:10 PM
trobinson21
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He still adds in his little journalist backhanded slaps like "former steroid cheat". I hate humans. Phone Post
5/19/13 11:21 PM
Zanzoken
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I personally don't give a shit if fighters use PEDs. Fighting is show business, and entertainment is the name of the game.

People who whine about asterisks and cheating and "stains on the integrity of the game!!! :*(" are just clinging to adolescent hero worship.
5/20/13 7:00 AM
Nasz

I dont give a #@#% if PEDs are allowed or not allowed. But one thing is for shure it gives something extra to the fighter. That kick is maybe technique, but to pull it off after minutes in a fight, where there attacked, defended, sprawl, taken and moving around. I think thats that extra that PEDs give you. You got the energie to do that in a fight and feel like after 3 minutes you still do a flying kick with a salto to the head. Offcourse its skill to do the technique, but the power en energie to pull it off is something that something that a fighter has not trained for.

5/20/13 7:03 AM
GetsomefansJon please
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nasz - I dont give a #@#% if PEDs are allowed or not allowed. But one thing is for shure it gives something extra to the fighter. That kick is maybe technique, but to pull it off after minutes in a fight, where there attacked, defended, sprawl, taken and moving around. I think thats that extra that PEDs give you. You got the energie to do that in a fight and feel like after 3 minutes you still do a flying kick with a salto to the head. Offcourse its skill to do the technique, but the power en energie to pull it off is something that something that a fighter has not trained for.

Man, I guess your opinion has more value than Rockhold

5/20/13 7:59 AM
SmellyBelly

The author of the article needs to edit "we" for "I".

The fact of the matter is that Vitor has always been explosive.... His entire career.

Secondly there are tons of guys who are on Trt (Chael etc) and steroids (Barnett, Sylvia etc) who are not explosive.

Being explosive / lighten fast is a God given gift. Sure - I think its allowing him to extent his career, but its not giving him anything he didn't have to begin with.

5/20/13 8:15 AM
Immaculata
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
When does experience, talent, God given ability, a good team/support system, hard work, discipline, and focus end, and TRT begin?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.