UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Mousasi vs Belfort @ 185

5/19/13 10:11 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
austinblair
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I do agree on that. He's tearing through middleweights and wants to fight Jones again? I think he has a better chance against jones, just because Silva WILL put you out with one shot of you leave the opening, where as Jones will try to grind and such.
Not sure if Vitor will for sure beat Jones or Anderson, but by the looks of it, he'd give either guy one hell of a rematch. I don't like the fighting in one weight class, jumping up or down for a title shot. If you want the LHW belt, start fighting LHW.
5/19/13 10:12 PM
MrHughes1991
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Vitor would murder Mousasi. He's never impressed me. Not a bit Phone Post 3.0
5/19/13 10:13 PM
Rob San Soo

TRT Vitor is unstoppable !!!!! Phone Post 3.0
5/19/13 10:14 PM
caseharts
390 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pugilistics MMA
Poptarts -
caseharts - 
austinblair - How many more top contenders do you guys want Vitor to KO before giving him another title shot? Should've gotten the title shot after dominating Bisping. No question he should get it after beating the Strikeforce MW champ.
Mousasi could have been the mw chap in strike force at will. Phone Post

I'm not going to act as if Tim Kennedy, Jacare, Cung Le and Rockhold would of made it that easy, he never even fought the good Light Heavyweights in Strikforce Feijao, Hendo...He fought Mo but yeah you get my point even if he deserved to beat Mo it was by no means an impressive victory.

While I respect Mousasi a lot, am aware of what he did in K-1 as a kickboxer, in The Nederlands as an amateur boxer, and all of his grappling credentials...This is mixed martial arts and the best guy he's faced in his last 7 fights was OSP who he fought to a close 29-28 decision and again even if he deserved the win over Jardine it wasn't impressive.

The Mousasi hype is a little much...coming from a guy who would not be surprised if he systematically broke down Belfort, the people who were saying he outstruck Kytoro therefore Gustafsson has no chance were just stupid jackasses. K-1, Pro Boxers, Thai Champions are overrated when it comes to purely striking in MMA.

Still, Vitor vs Mousasi would be great.
Imo jacare beat Luke when they fought and mousasi already beat him. I don't see anyone of them having anything for him. And don't act like mw is equal to lhw. Top lhws in strikeforce are way better then the mws. Jacare was the best mw.

We shall see but I think he'd finish luke tim and probably jacare again.

I don't think the hype is out of control. I know he probably wouldn't handle Jones wrestling well at all. He's top 10 at lhw and top 5 at mw depending on what he chooses.

We disagree its all good. Phone Post
5/19/13 10:19 PM
bobby boulders
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

austinblair - Mousasi couldn't even finish that can. He's good, don't get me wrong. Didn't he have a draw with fucking keith jardine? Come on now... He might could jab Vitor for 5 rounds, but that gives Vitor 25 minutes to KO him. He's only needs one kick/punch to end the fight. I don't see anyone beating Vitor unless they have the gold around their waste. But sure, waste another top contender by feeding him to Vitor.

Call me a nuthugger, I don't care. I like Vitor, and think he's one bad motherfucker who loves Jesus.
In the "can" fight, Mousasi was injured going in. Can't really blame him for not finishing. He dominated the fight anyhow. Phone Post 3.0
5/19/13 10:23 PM
Kings21
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

With Vitor mixing up his strikes like he has been as of late he appears to me to be much less predictable and I think its a dangerous fight for both guys. I think at this point I would take Vitor. I think, trt or not, he's super focused right now and has taken his game to a new level. He also has Jesus on his side and Jesus hasnt been slacking off like he was against Silva and Jones.
5/19/13 10:25 PM
KrisDonahoo
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/19/13 10:25 PM
Awesome match-up, if Mousasi wants to drop to 185 this would be a golden opportunity for instant contendership. I like new old new TRT Vitor to win but it's a close one.
5/19/13 10:29 PM
Poptarts

caseharts - 
Poptarts -
caseharts - 
austinblair - How many more top contenders do you guys want Vitor to KO before giving him another title shot? Should've gotten the title shot after dominating Bisping. No question he should get it after beating the Strikeforce MW champ.

I'm not going to act as if Tim Kennedy, Jacare, Cung Le and Rockhold would of made it that easy, he never even fought the good Light Heavyweights in Strikforce Feijao, Hendo...He fought Mo but yeah you get my point even if he deserved to beat Mo it was by no means an impressive victory.

While I respect Mousasi a lot, am aware of what he did in K-1 as a kickboxer, in The Nederlands as an amateur boxer, and all of his grappling credentials...This is mixed martial arts and the best guy he's faced in his last 7 fights was OSP who he fought to a close 29-28 decision and again even if he deserved the win over Jardine it wasn't impressive.

The Mousasi hype is a little much...coming from a guy who would not be surprised if he systematically broke down Belfort, the people who were saying he outstruck Kytoro therefore Gustafsson has no chance were just stupid jackasses. K-1, Pro Boxers, Thai Champions are overrated when it comes to purely striking in MMA.

Imo jacare beat Luke when they fought and mousasi already beat him. I don't see anyone of them having anything for him. And don't act like mw is equal to lhw. Top lhws in strikeforce are way better then the mws. Jacare was the best mw.

I don't think the hype is out of control. I know he probably wouldn't handle Jones wrestling well at all. He's top 10 at lhw and top 5 at mw depending on what he chooses.

No it's just weird, he'd run through an finish guys like Tim, Luke and Jacare but couldn't to far lesser fighters at 205lbs like Mo, Jardine and OSP? I just do not know what you back these claims on....It's a little insensible get me? The hype for Mousasi is crazy.

I'd go as far as to say Jacare now is a better Light Heavyweight than Mo is...Tim definitely a higher level fighter than a guy like Jardine or OSP. Rockhold is eons above Latifi who he didn't finish either...but he'd finish all these top MW's...Just because? Come on....
5/19/13 10:31 PM
Poptarts

caseharts - 
Poptarts -
caseharts - 

Jones would mangle Mouasi anyway he'd like, it has nothing to do with " his wrestling " either.

Just curious, you think Mousasi finishes Vitor?
5/19/13 10:33 PM
ep915

austinblair - Vitor has the most impressive record of just about anyone. Look at his losses. Jones, Anderson, Chuck, Hendo, Overeem, Couture, Sakuraba, and Tito. Dude is a fucking badass. even before the TRT

lol dude when you talk about impressive record your supposed to name his wins not losses...
5/19/13 10:36 PM
caseharts
390 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pugilistics MMA
Poptarts -
caseharts - 
Poptarts -
caseharts - 

Jones would mangle Mouasi anyway he'd like, it has nothing to do with " his wrestling " either.

Yes it would come down to his wrestling. Jones would get picked apart in a kick boxing match. He would have to take him down and pound him. Phone Post
5/19/13 10:37 PM
caseharts

Pugilistics MMA
And I think if its standing moysasi picks him apart. Phone Post
5/19/13 10:38 PM
Poptarts

caseharts - 
Poptarts -
caseharts - 
Poptarts -
caseharts - 

Yes it would come down to his wrestling. Jones would get picked apart in a kick boxing match. He would have to take him down and pound him. Phone Post

That's cute, I'm rather confident Jones would beat him down at range or in the clinch badly with striking if needed. It's clear Jones as displayed way better striking against way better fighters yet for some reason people think Jones would have to "wrestle"? It's insensible....
5/19/13 10:43 PM
Poptarts

caseharts -  And I think if its standing moysasi picks him apart. Phone Post

You are aware the cage, the gloves, the allowed clinches has made pure striking in MMA far different than Kickboxing? That the backrounds and styles, movements, offense, defense, techniques and just types of athletes in general in MMA....I mean Yvel KO'd Schilt in MMA, all those guys knocked Mirko out and Overeem, Cosmo was outstruck in MMA by a guy who let it stay standing, I've seen several olympic boxers and pro boxers oustruck in MMA too by guys without striking pedigrees. Best strikers in MMA have no pedigrees either...Silva, Pettis, Aldo no backrounds...MMA is a lot different Floyd couldn't outstrike all the MMA fighters at LW or FW. I've seem olympic medalist wrestlers tossed around an outgrappled by guys without wrestling backrounds best wrestlers in MMA have no real wrestling backround either....Think about it.
5/19/13 10:44 PM
austinblair

ep915 - 
austinblair - Vitor has the most impressive record of just about anyone. Look at his losses. Jones, Anderson, Chuck, Hendo, Overeem, Couture, Sakuraba, and Tito. Dude is a fucking badass. even before the TRT

lol dude when you talk about impressive record your supposed to name his wins not losses...

Well, he has the "best" losses of anyone out there really.
5/19/13 10:51 PM
caseharts

Pugilistics MMA
Poptarts -

You are aware the cage, the gloves, the allowed clinches has made pure striking in MMA far different than Kickboxing? That the backrounds and styles, movements, offense, defense, techniques and just types of athletes in general in MMA....I mean Yvel KO'd Schilt in MMA, all those guys knocked Mirko out and Overeem, Cosmo was outstruck in MMA by a guy who let it stay standing, I've seen several olympic boxers and pro boxers oustruck in MMA too by guys without striking pedigrees. Best strikers in MMA have no pedigrees either...Silva, Pettis, Aldo no backrounds...MMA is a lot different Floyd couldn't outstrike all the MMA fighters at LW or FW. I've seem olympic medalist wrestlers tossed around an outgrappled by guys without wrestling backrounds best wrestlers in MMA have no real wrestling backround either....Think about it.
You asked me dude. I answered. You aren't changing my mind. Could vitor breast him? Yeah. But MY opinion is he gets picked apart. Luke is not near the striker mousasi is. Phone Post
5/19/13 10:54 PM
caseharts

Pugilistics MMA
Poptarts -
caseharts - 
Poptarts -
caseharts - 
Poptarts -
caseharts - 

That's cute, I'm rather confident Jones would beat him down at range or in the clinch badly with striking if needed. It's clear Jones as displayed way better striking against way better fighters yet for some reason people think Jones would have to "wrestle"? It's insensible....
Stop being condescending. He has not shown better striking against Beyer strikers. Shogun rashad rampage aren't mousasi. They aren't as good of strikers imo. They have better mma resumes yes but so frankie edgar and bendo is still the lw champ. Could Jones ko him? Ya. But mousasi could also jab him to death. We haven't seen mousasi vs anyone that tall so who knows. I'm confident he'd do Better than anyone on the feet except machida. I still think machida is a viable that to Jones especially on the feet. Phone Post
5/19/13 10:56 PM
Poptarts

caseharts - 
Poptarts -

You asked me dude. I answered. You aren't changing my mind. Could vitor breast him? Yeah. But MY opinion is he gets picked apart. Luke is not near the striker mousasi is. Phone Post

Nah, Luke is slower, has less power, worse movement, a weaeker chin, typical combinations, less confidence and a much more open defense to say the least. The thing I'm always most impressed with Mousasi is his calmness and certainty...its something I've only seem in three fighters in mixed martial arts, Him, Fedor and Gunnar.

I wasn't trying to say you are wrong or change your mind, just thought discussions and debates were welcomed on a forum of subject -__-
5/19/13 11:02 PM
Poptarts

I didn't mean Jones has beaten better strikers than Mousasi is though he may have, I meant he's faced better fighters with better striking than Mousasi has faced and Jones has displayed more impressive striking against more impressive fighters and strikers. That was my argument.
5/19/13 11:07 PM
caseharts

Pugilistics MMA
Poptarts - I didn't mean Jones has beaten better strikers than Mousasi is though he may have, I meant he's faced better fighters with better striking than Mousasi has faced and Jones has displayed more impressive striking against more impressive fighters and strikers. That was my argument.
As of late you ate most definitely correct. Had he fought and beaten aleks you really couldn't say that. But that's aleks fault. Should have hood that cut from everyone like joe b did. Phone Post
5/19/13 11:19 PM
Poptarts

caseharts - 
Poptarts - I didn't mean Jones has beaten better strikers than Mousasi is though he may have, I meant he's faced better fighters with better striking than Mousasi has faced and Jones has displayed more impressive striking against more impressive fighters and strikers. That was my argument.
As of late you ate most definitely correct. Had he fought and beaten aleks you really couldn't say that. But that's aleks fault. Should have hood that cut from everyone like joe b did. Phone Post

Yeah Jones has outstruck Shogun, TRTVitor, Rampage, Machida and he's done it more impressively than Mousasi has oustriking far lesser competition. I'm not saying they are Mousasi, just that this backs my opinion and questions yours...If we disagree we can debate right? I'm not conservative but I don't mean to be egotistical or condescending if I am/was.

I thought Gustafsson was going to oustrike him to a close decision, Mousasi has great head movement but Gustafsson controls range really well and had the reach an height. I think Mousasi would go for takedowns but Gustafsson with his control of range and always keeping his hips on the outside ready to sprawl I didn't think Mousasi could offer much with his grappling, he doesn't transition well so it's not like he was going to time or explode into a takedown Gustafsson wouldn't see. Gustafsson would force Mousasi to fight differently than he is used to on the feet and Mousasi hasn't had to deal with that yet. It was a compelling fight though, can't believe we didn't get to see it.

Yeah...I wouldn't of said anything either but it would of opened up an Mousasi would of attacked it. It's not hard to lose a fight you should have won because you look a bloody mess at the end of each round.

Hopefully Mousasi vs Vitor happens, more interesting fight yet.

5/19/13 11:20 PM
Harmon Whistler
241 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

austinblair - Mousasi couldn't even finish that can. He's good, don't get me wrong. Didn't he have a draw with fucking keith jardine? Come on now... He might could jab Vitor for 5 rounds, but that gives Vitor 25 minutes to KO him. He's only needs one kick/punch to end the fight. I don't see anyone beating Vitor unless they have the gold around their waste. But sure, waste another top contender by feeding him to Vitor.

Call me a nuthugger, I don't care. I like Vitor, and think he's one bad motherfucker who loves Jesus.

So.. you never saw the Mousasi/Jardine fight?

5/19/13 11:24 PM
caseharts

Pugilistics MMA
Poptarts -
caseharts - 

Yeah Jones has outstruck Shogun, TRTVitor, Rampage, Machida and he's done it more impressively than Mousasi has oustriking far lesser competition. I'm not saying they are Mousasi, just that this backs my opinion and questions yours...If we disagree we can debate right? I'm not conservative but I don't mean to be egotistical or condescending if I am/was.

I thought Gustafsson was going to oustrike him to a close decision, Mousasi has great head movement but Gustafsson controls range really well and had the reach an height. I think Mousasi would go for takedowns but Gustafsson with his control of range and always keeping his hips on the outside ready to sprawl I didn't think Mousasi could offer much with his grappling, he doesn't transition well so it's not like he was going to time or explode into a takedown Gustafsson wouldn't see. Gustafsson would force Mousasi to fight differently than he is used to on the feet and Mousasi hasn't had to deal with that yet. It was a compelling fight though, can't believe we didn't get to see it.

Yeah...I wouldn't of said anything either but it would of opened up an Mousasi would of attacked it. It's not hard to lose a fight you should have won because you look a bloody mess at the end of each round.

We just disagree. Mousasi has better hands than anyone aleks has fought. He couldn't rush in and bully mousasi. He'd have to really work his kicks or take it to the ground. Shogun caught aleks several times in there fight. Moysasi is a much more precise fiber and faster. I'd expect a grappling attack from aleks.

Vitor is after a title shot and I don't think moysasi will go down to mw unless he loses at lhw. So there paths I don't think will cross for at least for a year. Hopefully mousasi can fight someone by the end of the year since he's injured. Phone Post
5/19/13 11:35 PM
Poptarts

caseharts - 
Poptarts -
caseharts - 

We just disagree. Mousasi has better hands than anyone aleks has fought. He couldn't rush in and bully mousasi. He'd have to really work his kicks or take it to the ground. Shogun caught aleks several times in there fight. Moysasi is a much more precise fiber and faster. I'd expect a grappling attack from aleks.

Vitor is after a title shot and I don't think moysasi will go down to mw unless he loses at lhw. So there paths I don't think will cross for at least for a year. Hopefully mousasi can fight someone by the end of the year since he's injured. Phone Post

Shogun is far more aggressive and powerful than Mousasi though, you see...Gustafsson would use his range to force Mousasi to have to come in, not the other way around. Mousasi tends to like to play the range game, pick guys apart. I don't see him being able to do that against Gus, therefore he may very well have to a fight a fight he's far less comfortable or used to fighting, more so than Gus. I'm not sure who has better hands but I know Gustafsson likes to stick and move, with his limber lengthy frame, constant technical striking and
solid footwork I can see it giving Mousasi fits.
5/19/13 11:44 PM
caseharts

Pugilistics MMA
Poptarts -
caseharts - 
Poptarts -
caseharts - 

Shogun is far more aggressive and powerful than Mousasi though, you see...Gustafsson would use his range to force Mousasi to have to come in, not the other way around. Mousasi tends to like to play the range game, pick guys apart. I don't see him being able to do that against Gus, therefore he may very well have to a fight a fight he's far less comfortable or used to fighting, more so than Gus. I'm not sure who has better hands but I know Gustafsson likes to stick and move, with his limber lengthy frame, constant technical striking and
solid footwork I can see it giving Mousasi fits.
Go watch mike Kyle vs Gerard. Hes fine going forward. Kyle's definitely got more power than aleks and shogun and mousasi had no problem going in Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.