Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Poptarts
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caseharts - 
Poptarts -
caseharts - 
Poptarts -
caseharts - 
Poptarts - I didn't mean Jones has beaten better strikers than Mousasi is though he may have, I meant he's faced better fighters with better striking than Mousasi has faced and Jones has displayed more impressive striking against more impressive fighters and strikers. That was my argument.
As of late you ate most definitely correct. Had he fought and beaten aleks you really couldn't say that. But that's aleks fault. Should have hood that cut from everyone like joe b did. Phone Post

Yeah Jones has outstruck Shogun, TRTVitor, Rampage, Machida and he's done it more impressively than Mousasi has oustriking far lesser competition. I'm not saying they are Mousasi, just that this backs my opinion and questions yours...If we disagree we can debate right? I'm not conservative but I don't mean to be egotistical or condescending if I am/was.

I thought Gustafsson was going to oustrike him to a close decision, Mousasi has great head movement but Gustafsson controls range really well and had the reach an height. I think Mousasi would go for takedowns but Gustafsson with his control of range and always keeping his hips on the outside ready to sprawl I didn't think Mousasi could offer much with his grappling, he doesn't transition well so it's not like he was going to time or explode into a takedown Gustafsson wouldn't see. Gustafsson would force Mousasi to fight differently than he is used to on the feet and Mousasi hasn't had to deal with that yet. It was a compelling fight though, can't believe we didn't get to see it.

Yeah...I wouldn't of said anything either but it would of opened up an Mousasi would of attacked it. It's not hard to lose a fight you should have won because you look a bloody mess at the end of each round.

Hopefully Mousasi vs Vitor happens, more interesting fight yet.

We just disagree. Mousasi has better hands than anyone aleks has fought. He couldn't rush in and bully mousasi. He'd have to really work his kicks or take it to the ground. Shogun caught aleks several times in there fight. Moysasi is a much more precise fiber and faster. I'd expect a grappling attack from aleks.

Vitor is after a title shot and I don't think moysasi will go down to mw unless he loses at lhw. So there paths I don't think will cross for at least for a year. Hopefully mousasi can fight someone by the end of the year since he's injured. Phone Post

Shogun is far more aggressive and powerful than Mousasi though, you see...Gustafsson would use his range to force Mousasi to have to come in, not the other way around. Mousasi tends to like to play the range game, pick guys apart. I don't see him being able to do that against Gus, therefore he may very well have to a fight a fight he's far less comfortable or used to fighting, more so than Gus. I'm not sure who has better hands but I know Gustafsson likes to stick and move, with his limber lengthy frame, constant technical striking and
solid footwork I can see it giving Mousasi fits.
Go watch mike Kyle vs Gerard. Hes fine going forward. Kyle's definitely got more power than aleks and shogun and mousasi had no problem going in Phone Post

You just brought up a completely terrible fighter who doesn't utilize anything well let alone his range. He's not on a comparable level to Gus, Mousasi or Shogun....What is this?
5/20/13 12:25 AM
Joeymarvelous
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

voorhees -
Joeymarvelous -  Vitor vs Hendo/Rashad winner. If he really wants Jones again he needs to fight in his division. Phone Post

Oddly enough I think vitor has a better shot vs. Sanderson than Jones.
Not an odd position, considering Jon's size, but if Jones is the fight Vitor wants, then I don't see a problem letting him earn it. Phone Post
5/20/13 12:25 AM
caseharts
509 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pugilistics MMA
Poptarts -
caseharts - 
Poptarts -
caseharts - 
Poptarts -
caseharts - 
Poptarts - I didn't mean Jones has beaten better strikers than Mousasi is though he may have, I meant he's faced better fighters with better striking than Mousasi has faced and Jones has displayed more impressive striking against more impressive fighters and strikers. That was my argument.
As of late you ate most definitely correct. Had he fought and beaten aleks you really couldn't say that. But that's aleks fault. Should have hood that cut from everyone like joe b did. Phone Post

Yeah Jones has outstruck Shogun, TRTVitor, Rampage, Machida and he's done it more impressively than Mousasi has oustriking far lesser competition. I'm not saying they are Mousasi, just that this backs my opinion and questions yours...If we disagree we can debate right? I'm not conservative but I don't mean to be egotistical or condescending if I am/was.

I thought Gustafsson was going to oustrike him to a close decision, Mousasi has great head movement but Gustafsson controls range really well and had the reach an height. I think Mousasi would go for takedowns but Gustafsson with his control of range and always keeping his hips on the outside ready to sprawl I didn't think Mousasi could offer much with his grappling, he doesn't transition well so it's not like he was going to time or explode into a takedown Gustafsson wouldn't see. Gustafsson would force Mousasi to fight differently than he is used to on the feet and Mousasi hasn't had to deal with that yet. It was a compelling fight though, can't believe we didn't get to see it.

Yeah...I wouldn't of said anything either but it would of opened up an Mousasi would of attacked it. It's not hard to lose a fight you should have won because you look a bloody mess at the end of each round.

Hopefully Mousasi vs Vitor happens, more interesting fight yet.

We just disagree. Mousasi has better hands than anyone aleks has fought. He couldn't rush in and bully mousasi. He'd have to really work his kicks or take it to the ground. Shogun caught aleks several times in there fight. Moysasi is a much more precise fiber and faster. I'd expect a grappling attack from aleks.

Vitor is after a title shot and I don't think moysasi will go down to mw unless he loses at lhw. So there paths I don't think will cross for at least for a year. Hopefully mousasi can fight someone by the end of the year since he's injured. Phone Post

Shogun is far more aggressive and powerful than Mousasi though, you see...Gustafsson would use his range to force Mousasi to have to come in, not the other way around. Mousasi tends to like to play the range game, pick guys apart. I don't see him being able to do that against Gus, therefore he may very well have to a fight a fight he's far less comfortable or used to fighting, more so than Gus. I'm not sure who has better hands but I know Gustafsson likes to stick and move, with his limber lengthy frame, constant technical striking and
solid footwork I can see it giving Mousasi fits.
Go watch mike Kyle vs Gerard. Hes fine going forward. Kyle's definitely got more power than aleks and shogun and mousasi had no problem going in Phone Post

You just brought up a completely terrible fighter who doesn't utilize anything well let alone his range. He's not on a comparable level to Gus, Mousasi or Shogun....What is this?
You stated mousasi doesn't do well going forwards. Mike Kyle nearly koed bigfoot standing and out struck him. The same guy who koed overeem.. ya. Mike Kyle may not be great buy you don't want to stand in the pocket with him.
Mousasi did and had 0 problems.
If shogun or gus just stood in the pocket with Kyle they'd run a huge risk of getting koed. They don't have near the head movement or speed mousasi does. Kyle is not a great fighter but he's much better than you're giving him credit for. Phone Post
5/20/13 12:37 AM
Poptarts

Nah, I think Shogun would lay Kyle out coming forward and Gustafsson would rock him and finish him at a range he was comfortable at. Bigfoot is pretty easy to hit at Heavyweight, the fact a Light Heavyweight caught him shouldn't say much. Bigfoot has shown a less than stellar chin too so again not exactly a testament to Kyle.

Mousasi should be able to handle Kyle with his eyes shut. This is getting weak though, there's a good chance Gus would of looked more impressive (especially striking wise) against Mousasi's last 5 opponents than Mousasi has. C'mon, Latifi? OSP? Jardine? I don't see this rival Anderson Silva, TKO TRTVitor, Outstrike Jones, better hands than Gus level Mousasi other people do.

I try to be unbiased, not particularly someone who has favorite fighters or is a fan of one more than another. I just don't get it, in the skills he has showcased he seems so overhyped.
5/20/13 12:41 AM
caseharts
509 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pugilistics MMA
Poptarts - Nah, I think Shogun would lay Kyle out coming forward and Gustafsson would rock him and finish him at a range he was comfortable at. Bigfoot is pretty easy to hit at Heavyweight, the fact a Light Heavyweight caught him shouldn't say much. Bigfoot has shown a less than stellar chin too so again not exactly a testament to Kyle.

Mousasi should be able to handle Kyle with his eyes shut. This is getting weak though, there's a good chance Gus would of looked more impressive (especially striking wise) against Mousasi's last 5 opponents than Mousasi has. C'mon, Latifi? OSP? Jardine? I don't see this rival Anderson Silva, TKO TRTVitor, Outstrike Jones, better hands than Gus level Mousasi other people do.

I try to be unbiased, not particularly someone who has favorite fighters or is a fan of one more than another. I just don't get it, in the skills he has showcased he seems so overhyped.
We disagree. And I don't rank shogun in the top 5 maybe top 10 now. So we may just never agree.

That's fine. Phone Post
5/20/13 12:53 AM
OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash

iCameiLostiRetiredDiaz - Mousasi via tko Phone Post 3.0
Lol Phone Post 3.0
5/20/13 1:25 AM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

Funny how it was supposed to happen. Phone Post 3.0
5/20/13 6:54 AM
UGCTT_SidRival
576 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It would be an interesting scrap. But Mousasi is having/had knee surgery no? Probably gonna be a min before he's ready to get back in there. Phone Post 3.0
5/20/13 10:37 AM
Don_Dada
216 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mousasi picks Vitor appart.

5/20/13 11:08 AM
Lobo8

austinblair - Just like Anthony Johnson, Bisping, and Rockhold were going to?

Mousasi is a far superior fighter. Never bet against him when he fights a striker. His only weakness has always been wrestling but hes been improving alot in it as of recently so eventually hell get it down.
5/20/13 11:09 AM
Lobo8

austinblair - Mousasi couldn't even finish that can. He's good, don't get me wrong. Didn't he have a draw with fucking keith jardine? Come on now... He might could jab Vitor for 5 rounds, but that gives Vitor 25 minutes to KO him. He's only needs one kick/punch to end the fight. I don't see anyone beating Vitor unless they have the gold around their waste. But sure, waste another top contender by feeding him to Vitor.

Call me a nuthugger, I don't care. I like Vitor, and think he's one bad motherfucker who loves Jesus.

Bs point deduction and stupid judging. He won that fight.
5/20/13 11:15 AM
Lobo8

UGCTT_SidRival - It would be an interesting scrap. But Mousasi is having/had knee surgery no? Probably gonna be a min before he's ready to get back in there. Phone Post 3.0

Its not a full tear so it wont be too long of layoff but he will definetly be out for more than a few months.
5/20/13 11:57 AM
Doc T
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mousasi would take this by submission Phone Post 3.0
5/20/13 12:14 PM
Arlovskis Chin
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dang. This is a fight I would LOVE to see, Phone Post 3.0
5/20/13 12:49 PM
Flexo
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mousasi can be too laxidasical a lot and Vitor reminds me of a cartoon dragracing car from bugs bunny or something, all rev'd up and curled up like an accordion ready to explode. Could make a bad night for the Moose or get him going faster, you never know with him. Phone Post 3.0
5/20/13 1:32 PM
Arlovskis Chin
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CRMartin11 - No. Moussasi is injured and will be out for a while becasue surgery. Plus he should get an easier fight for his first fight at 185. He didn't look amazing against Queen Latifah. Gegard should fight Lombard, Belcher or someone of that calibre at 185. Someone who is top 10. Vitor should get a title shot or fight Okami/ Jacare Gegard makes no sense. Plus like I already said he is out because of injury for a while so it doesn't work out time wise.
Hector's on his way to 170 brah Phone Post 3.0
5/21/13 7:29 PM
Carne de cavalo é o melhor
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mousasi called out belfort via mmafightig Phone Post
5/21/13 7:35 PM
enbanc

Mousasi and Belfort almost got into it in a parking lot in OC

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.