UnderGround Forums >> Rockhold: TRT had nothing to do with that kick

5/20/13 4:45 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GARRYD
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

krizogg - 
MasterofMartialArts -
TheOne -
dubate -  I respect him for taking the loss honorably. But this is what every fighter says when they finally meet a high-level striker, I was controlling the fight and then he caught me. It's the one thing Strikeforce doesn't have at the 205 weight class. We'll see how he recovers and tries to improve himself I wish him luck. Phone Post

Yea because Melvin Manhoef, Robbie Lawler, Ninja, etc arent atleast on or near the level of Vitor.

That is a correct statement. Phone Post 3.0
I also agree with this Phone Post 3.0

me to .
5/20/13 6:21 AM
3rdLion
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Drillers are killers, TRT and the juice Vitor is/was on has allowed him to train more intensively and for longer. We've seen him advanced his game so quickly well into his thirties, I wonder why... Phone Post 3.0
5/20/13 7:35 AM
deadlyonetwo3
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think people are tripping out because Vitor is actually training to his potential. EVERYONE used to dog him for being inconsistent. One fight he'd come out in shape and destroy, the next he'd obviously be out of shape and lose. Now that the guy is steadily being disciplined and has matured, everyone wants to blame TRT. The guy has always been a top caliber athlete and we are absolutely taking this TRT thing and running with it simply because Vitor is and ALWAYS WAS a special athlete. I don't buy it. There are tons of other fighters on TRT, but they aren't Vitor Belfort. Stop discrediting the guy and show some respect. Phone Post 3.0
5/20/13 8:36 AM
Timtek

Rockhold looked like a deer caught in the headlights after the first minute of the fight. He didn't establish his jab, rhythm or combos and once Vitor starting backing him up... I knew he was toast. I was literally yelling at the tv for him to work his jab, combos and move forward. Oh well.
5/20/13 8:42 AM
Tombmatter

Juicing boosts confidence and confidence allows you to do surprising moves. Confidence seems to be a huge factor for fighters who get caught and have to cut back or stop juicing all together. I wouldn't say TRT had nothing to do with it.
5/20/13 1:06 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Sounds like zuffa had a little talking to with Mr. Rockhold.... Phone Post
5/20/13 1:07 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

KingofBJJ -

TRT may have had nothing to do with that kick, except the extra strength to pull it off.  Nothing to do with it except the extra energy and vitality to push yourself during training/workouts.

Yes TRT has nothing to do with that kick.  But would we still be saying the same thing if he was on Steroids/PEDs?  Nope.

Trt is steroids... Phone Post
5/20/13 2:30 PM
Unseen
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bhealthy - .......but it has EVERYTHING to do with the preparation to land it or the Pharmnom wouldn't go through the trouble to get written permission to be juiced to the gills

THIS, and I personally don't care if fighters take PEDs, but if you can train harder and recover faster than your opponent that makes the difference in any fight.  

Moreover if you get injured during training and can recover twice as fast then you obviously don't have to pull out of fights.  How manyfights was Vitor pulling out of pre TRT?

5/20/13 3:06 PM
46and2
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Get with the times people, you sound like a bunch of whiny little bitches complaining about TRT.

It's 2013. Lets see these athletes perform at their best. Quit making excuses because your fighter lost.

Enjoy the damned fights and STFU.

5/20/13 3:37 PM
TheVandalz
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/20/13 3:37 PM
Are you guys all implying that without TRT, Rockhold SHOULD have been able to take that kick to the face without folding?<br /><br />Fuck man, I need some TRT. I wanna punch holes through stones and kick over skyscrapers too.

TRT, past steroid abuse, or not, he threw a technique and his opponent blocked it with his face.

Rockhold's smart enough to understand that TRT had nothing to do with the fact that he shouldn't have blocked it with his face.
5/20/13 3:50 PM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku

5/20/13 4:11 PM
Ice Cold Igors Right Hand

He's right and most ppl wouldn't step up like he did.

Much respect for Rockhold. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.