UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Watch me get Punched Hard/Deep by Systema Vasiliev

5/20/13 3:20 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DanTheWolfman
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Uh Oh, thread might blow up but here you go.
5/20/13 3:23 AM
DanTheWolfman

Deep hits matter, Deep hits while in over/under clinch can lead to VERY easy takedowns in MMA even, no matter what your pre-conceived notions of Systema are without tryinhg it first hand....the very least you being the open minded martial artist that you are, would be to take from Systema how to do deep hits, take body strikes better, and how to telegraph your punches/strikes/intentions less whether you are into sport fighting or for self-defense.
5/20/13 3:31 AM
fasthandssam
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in
5/20/13 3:38 AM
gino209
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hzh9koy7b1E

Found this vid of you
5/20/13 3:40 AM
Easytarget
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How could you withstand such deep hits?
5/20/13 3:40 AM
Swayze Express

Getting hit so hard n deep with no protection. Respect.
5/20/13 3:52 AM
DanTheWolfman

Edited: 05/20/13 3:55 AM
lol....

I won't get into another systema debate....it, like many I look at, has things to offer.

Perhaps a larger % of newbie students (say less than 2 yrs) than say MT/MMA maybe can't handle themselves so well or many have a bit of a false sense of security IMO when it comes to knife/gun defense.......

It's a system that many are so so, and a few rise way to the top. I'd say it takes prob. 10-15 yrs to be really really amazing, and many that are truly up there do have backgrounds in other things.

But I will say that I believe the precision and power shown by some of the most Elite out there seems to be on a higher level, and is very valid. In general, if you haven't felt it by someone really good, than many (not all) of the videos look really bad or if you haven't trained a long time realize how high the level of precision is even in slow soft work that MOST simply could not replicate. It does not translate well on video, especially if you are a hard core tough guy type (meaning not a true martial artist either....just your blue belts that may be a bit thuggy or Some of MMA, a few MT classes guys...you know the type...u might be one).

I see a lot of very good things from some of the best practitioners, and figure there is more out there you really haven't heard of or have to look REALLY hard to find videos on.

I can apply the understanding of bio-mechanics and deep hits that lead to easy energy efficient takedowns really well into the MMA sport framework as I showed and tested even with 2 guys bigger than me (1 fights MMA) at my last seminar. Some amazing nasty takedown counters and really could be MMA changing Anti-cage techniques. Of course, I also have tested many of these techniques live against some very good known MMA fighters as well.

I suggest you don't believe all one way, or all the other, and instead listen to the benefits that can be had from guys like me and Zero1 a BJJ BB instructor that has been doing Systema like 4-5 yrs now I believe.

Keep an open mind, take what is useful.....

Don't just be a basher if you haven't tried first hand.
5/20/13 3:54 AM
raags
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey Dan can you talk about how Systema Deep Hits work and what exactly they are? I watched the vids but am unfamiliar with Systema, but am intrigued
5/20/13 3:57 AM
JOB
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't see any benefit of allowing someone to repeatedly punch you.

..unless you're a sadomasochist.
5/20/13 3:59 AM
DanTheWolfman

Raags, not sure if you are serious, but if so I have vids explaining a lot of it better than most I think (or at least vids that aren't in Russian)

Now, these were not my best hits, as I was not loose and tightening last second, and he is such a big guy I should have made sure to have my wrist straight,
5/20/13 4:05 AM
DanTheWolfman

Edited: 05/20/13 4:11 AM
I have many various vids on the subject, like most others lol, I suggest you subscribe to my youtube.com/DanTheWolfman1 page and look for that stuff, search Wolfman Systema teaching "punch" "strikes" "Punch Drill" etc diff. ones will come up.

No I am not an instructor, nor do I have anything to gain by saying some good things about the (though you see I pointed out some.... perceived negatives about some of NEWBIE students as I would for Krav Maga as well.

Problem is, to become a true master someone like myself would have to get rid of all the hard tension type stuff, and devote. But, that perhaps is not the best for the casual trainer, newbie person in short term.

It is a bit of long term vs short term

I, like many of you, like attackers coming at me a bit harder more common realistic, I like some pressure testing, I like occasionally gearing up etc. But, the Masters don't like some of that, because it breads Ego and Tension. I say they can get away with it though, since they already have battle hardened psyches from Military and often war time or real combat experience which helps them reach the higher level IMO.

Right now, you see a mixture in my highlight vid, where I take the flowing, and reactive instinctual approach, but after my first counter you may see me blitz with harder more MMA type approach. I think that is more practical short term but not necessarily long or to reach highest.

Yes, I do believe their are probably 30-50 martial artists in the world that are higher level than all the rest of us mere mortals on a very physical merits level.

Even in MMA, Anderson Silva and Fedor stood out...because of their relaxation which means flow, seeing things better, harder non-telegraphic punches opponents don't see etc.

As for taking hits.... a bit of what i posted on FB
"Deep....for those that scoff at hits are just hits and Deep doesn't mean anything they are very wrong. Thank you Vladimir, and believe that a few of the punches hurt, but they actually healed me make me feel better after awhile releasing the muscular and psychological tension. "
"Learned a lot from pointers from Vladimir on being Non-telegraphic with my punches (most MMA/Kickboxing Fighters have years of stress tension in neck/shoulders/shoulder blade lat area from working from their guarded position & telegraph way too much w exception of Anderson Silva's Up Jab or Anchor punch, relaxing my shoulders (which he did for me by delivering 2 Powerful Strikes from behind each side, and 10 min and rest of the day later I felt great due to strikes that can heal) and ended up flowing through some pretty precarious and unusual grappling positions when defending against a knife or having to find it after it being stripped before the other guy did. "
5/20/13 4:23 AM
DanTheWolfman

How to punch in close to hurt your opponent with just arm punches, when you can't fully rotate of leg/hips etc sounds a lot like it could help you in guard, clinch, common MMA positions etc......no?
5/20/13 4:31 AM
Zero1
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The way Vlad hits is so different. It goes deep and he really can hit hard from any position.....

His ability to move in an effortless way and use the mass of his arm is far beyound the typical boxing striking....

I don´t say boxing strikes doesn´t work since they do obviously but his mechanic is far more effecient than the typical Boxing and MMA striking.

It is difficult to learn and I never met anyone doing Systema with the same ability on this level but it is possible if you have a free and connected body....
5/20/13 4:39 AM
DanTheWolfman

Edited: 05/20/13 4:45 AM
Good vid for the people that want to see it done fast, against pretty committed attacker

Thanks Zero, damn u showed up fast at 1:30 am my time. I forgot ur real name to tag you on FB w vid and pics etc.

I would say VV, MR, Kadochikov, Navrov, some Colonel I just found a vid of, and my friend George P. (sick power seems closest to MR I have seen) are on that really way up their you can't fathom it at first level. Most peoples Ego's can't Except their Systema life S T Y L E , especially here in close minded thinking America that can't believe a big guy that looks like Santa Clause could drop them with one punch :) Zero1 if their are some you would put up their point them out to me please. Ill get you the vid of the guy I just found if you would like.

Their is really good practitioners and instructors in Wheeler the master of movement, and Secours and Kostic that both broke away from Systema wanting to functionalyze it a bit more (Kostic has added MMA training along w, not sure if I really have seen Secours vids of guys really gearing up or going at it like I had hoped IDK...maybe you do Zero)
5/20/13 4:52 AM
DanTheWolfman

Got Body Punches? Want to hit body like Maldonado and Diaz bros.......
5/20/13 8:12 AM
trobinson21

Still not sure if serious. Phone Post
5/20/13 8:59 AM
Naderhood
803 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL @ not being able to look like a heavy puncher because your partner was too big so you bring in a guy who looks like the machinest so you can punch him and look like a heavy puncher.

5/20/13 9:26 AM
trobinson21

Naderhood -

LOL @ not being able to look like a heavy puncher because your partner was too big so you bring in a guy who looks like the machinest so you can punch him and look like a heavy puncher.

You've seen Dana videos before right? When I was a lurker I thought they were parody videos then I read one day they are real. Lol Phone Post
5/20/13 9:30 AM
Chulio
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When I was in Junior High I was taking part in this and did not even know it.
5/20/13 9:35 AM
Zero1
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think the secret if there is a secret is in the BODY MECHANICS and in the AWARNESS OF THE BODY.

Honestly in MMA or BJJ there are amazing athletes they are strong and fast but they are using horrible mechanics....

They are strong and fast because they train 8 hours a day, taking roids and destroying their bodies on the long term and that´s why they can beat nearly everyone.....

If you understand how the body really works you can achieve much more with less effort and don´t destroy your body.....

It´s not about Systema or any other style. It´s about the natural ability to move and feel.

Look at Anderson Silva or Fedor in their primes. The way they move is much different from the typical athletic wrestler.

Like I said MMA guys are the toughtest guys on earth no doubt but what they do is based more and pure strength and explosivness than anything else.....
5/20/13 9:36 AM
raags
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey Dan... I was being serious and found these videos interesting. Will continue to read more about Systema. Thanks for sharing.
5/20/13 9:44 AM
awesomestprime
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How the fuck does Dan still put this shit on here?
5/20/13 9:48 AM
Kirik
1663 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor

Thanks for posting the vids man!

5/20/13 9:55 AM
raags

awesomestprime - How the fuck does Dan still put this shit on here?

What does a post like this contribute?

I'm pretty wary of all the "biomechanics" and "loosen your body" really abstract stuff but find it interesting. I think what Dan does is cool... try everything out and try and integrate it into mixed martial arts. You don't have to agree with it, you don't have to support him or even like him, but simple angry non-sequitur bashings don't offer anything to the forum or discussion.

This is a million times more interesting than another thread about TRT or weed. Also funny that people are downvoting me for defending a guy who is contributing. So what if he self-promotes? I'd take a poster that self-promotes, makes videos, and has actually been involved in the MMA game with high-level guys (and competed against them) over another whiny keyboard warrior spouting unsubstantiated opinions about his shitty matchmaking suggestions or one liner claims about future fight outcomes.
5/20/13 9:58 AM
Kostakio
490 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Voted up!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.