UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> How Hunto puts dudes to sleep!

5/20/13 5:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Dogman
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great work as usual Jack
5/20/13 5:56 PM
MEOWticket
420 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post
5/20/13 6:05 PM
KZTT_FawkingxD
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Omfg I was like war hunt! Then I read who was the op! Then I was like !!!!! Phone Post 3.0
5/20/13 6:05 PM
KZTT_FawkingxD
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MEOWticket - Phone Post
Vtfu Phone Post 3.0
5/20/13 6:22 PM
UGCTT_THE Kevin Chandler
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great read as always, Jack.  Thanks for posting.

5/20/13 6:27 PM
SKARHEAD
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
5/20/13 6:30 PM
TEX4N
267 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post 3.0
5/20/13 6:42 PM
perfy
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice read.
5/20/13 6:58 PM
John Bugara

Señor Penis - 
Jack Slack - 
John Bugara - good breakdown man. I really hope hunt pulls it off. I won't be shocked if he loses but I think it's a much closer fight then the odds imply, hence why i bet on him. I just hope jds doesn't do to him what mousasi did. really looking forward to this fight though they're easily 2 of my top 3 favourite heavyweights.

I think one of the things that makes Hunto 1) so effective now that he's got his shit together and 2) so interesting to watch is that he's already lost, lots.

Great guys have beaten him and not so great guys have beaten him so there's none of that pressure on him or as a fan. We know what he's good at, we know where he's weak and every improvement is a pleasant surprise.

Guys who have been brought up and marketed by the UFC like Cain and Dos Santos every loss is going to be a shock and there's going to be talk of hype train derailment, but I doubt anyone would be like that about Hunto. He's a fighter folks can really get behind.

That said, I'm not a betting man but I made a nice little earner on Hunt over Kongo ;) I like it when the betting public under-rate fighters who they don't know.

SO, WE PUTTING MONEY DOWN ON HUNT RIGHT? JUST SO WE ARE CLEAR BRUTHA.

yep I put a bit on him but nothing heavy, not like what I put on vitor last saturday ;)
5/20/13 8:43 PM
DanteHec
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Like seriously I love your breakdowns Phone Post
5/20/13 9:22 PM
chrisbaker

Fo lata. Phone Post
5/20/13 10:10 PM
Jack Slack
1801 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MEOWticket -  Phone Post

OMG that's so good...

5/20/13 10:22 PM
ShawnTheBadger
434 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Had to vote up Info and Meowticket.

For me, this fight is the Main Event.  It's even good for both fighters that it is 3-rounds.

Absolutely rooting for Hunto.

5/20/13 10:38 PM
WoodenPupa
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haulport - 

Excellent, excellent article!

I, too, am sorely disappointed in Stefan Struve's kickboxing. He is just terrible and can be a FORCE if he got it together. he takes zero advantage of his height, doesn't move his head, doesn't defend his head and makes a host of other mistakes (like chasing mark Hunt around after he has already established himself as an excellent counter puncher in his previous couple of fights in the UFC)

IMO it all starts with his failure to move, period. When he gets the slightest bit tired he tends to stand still, sometimes to the point of literally not moving at all. He then freezes in position waiting for the other guy to punch or move, which they often successfully do.

Jabs and head movement need footwork to coordinate them. The guy needs to move his FEET instead of making postmodern statements on fighting by behaving like a medusa victim.
5/20/13 10:41 PM
WoodenPupa
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hunt's hand speed and timing are amazing to me. Not to mention it's always huge trouble if he lands.

Great article Jack.
5/20/13 10:57 PM
Samoa
374 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He will need to either catch JDS early when he's (Hunt) fresh or drag it into a slugfest where he (JDS) is tired and is fighting hands down like he was late against Cain. If the fight progresses and JDS keeps his gas at a manageable level Hunt will get picked apart as he slows down.

Pineapple heads around the globe will unite and clunk toasts with Vailima filled coconuts when Hunto wings his 55 lb hammer-hands at Junior in the Octagon. Whether Goldie is screaming "It's all over!!" as Mark walks off seemingly disinterested or if its Junior runnin around screaming with his arms spread wide.......we all win as fans and the coconuts will keep clunking.

I just hope it doesn't turn into a snooze fear if both guys gas early trying to finish it and don't get the job done. Phone Post 3.0
5/21/13 7:54 AM
Jack Slack
1801 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So it turns out despite the shoddy job BR are doing of advertising my articles, I'm getting the 2nd highest average views on BR's MMA team!

That's you guys and for that I must thank you profusely =)

5/21/13 8:14 AM
Lazer MMA

TTT
5/21/13 8:26 AM
Joeymarvelous
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haulport -

Excellent, excellent article!

I, too, am sorely disappointed in Stefan Struve's kickboxing. He is just terrible and can be a FORCE if he got it together. he takes zero advantage of his height, doesn't move his head, doesn't defend his head and makes a host of other mistakes (like chasing mark Hunt around after he has already established himself as an excellent counter puncher in his previous couple of fights in the UFC)

I was a huge Strive fan, mostly because of heart, but when years go by and dudes refuse to fix the same holes in their game that got them starched on half the division's HL reels, I lose interest. Phone Post
5/21/13 10:12 AM
Hikikomori
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
5/21/13 10:17 AM
myee8

Nicely written.

5/21/13 10:56 AM
TUF 4 Noob
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great article Jack! It's tough to see all the technique in pictures/videos of him fighting as a layman, but the article was very instructive. And the results speak for themselves. Phone Post 3.0
5/21/13 11:07 AM
GelderdEnd

Sub'd Phone Post 3.0
5/21/13 11:17 AM
deepu
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

for later
5/21/13 11:26 AM
allforroy
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Took me 3 days to realize this was a Jack Slack joint...blew by the thread due to the title...great work as usual! Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.