UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> EA SPORTS UFC: NEWS MAY 21th

6/3/13 9:04 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Chhem
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AllAmericanBoxing -
Dumbass JoeMimic - Phone Post
It looks like they added 10 years to Bendos face lmao. Am I the only one that thinks that? Phone Post
His nose seems bigger and his eyes are smaller and he does look a little older. Phone Post 3.0
6/3/13 9:25 PM
js138
213 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Close but no cigar, they need more of his Korean traits. Phone Post 3.0
6/3/13 10:36 PM
Anderson P. Sonnen
681 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well for a work in progress, I think it's pretty impressive. Phone Post
6/3/13 11:29 PM
tres_equis_666
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They better be workin hard on this after fucking up on the Live series for the last 8 years Phone Post
6/4/13 12:54 AM
Dumbass JoeMimic
574 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

js138 -
Close but no cigar, they need more of his Korean traits. Phone Post 3.0
It's good but they had a lot of this in the last ufc game where guys are making a face and scrunching their brow and it fucks the face up. Phone Post
6/4/13 3:29 AM
Fedoral Crime
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bendo looks like he just came out of prison after serving a 10 year sentence for armed robbery. Phone Post 3.0
6/4/13 3:47 AM
man meets fate
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just guessing these riddles is more exciting thAn putting in ufc 3
6/4/13 6:13 AM
TheHebrewHammer
332 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fedoral Crime -
Bendo looks like he just came out of prison after serving a 10 year sentence for armed robbery. Phone Post 3.0
And didn't have an access to a decent toilet facilities Phone Post
6/4/13 7:56 AM
ANT_P1989
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

charms434 -
Tweener - EA MMA did not kick ass.

It was a good first effort that got a lot of things right, and a lot of things wrong.

The grappling aspect was miles ahead of UFC Undisputed; but the ground striking and stand up was pretty poor. The strikes were extremely limited and almost everyone had pretty much all the same attacks. There was very, very little variation (a lot like THQ's 2009 game in which you just had a base style). The submission system was definitely better in EA's game, but the variety, again, was very poor; however, it was great feeling like you could go in and "catch" a guy, whereas with THQ you had to work their stamina first or it was hopeless; it was a stamina game, not really a technical game.

The KO and TKO system EA used was also far better.

Stamina, as far as I can remember, was also handled better in EA's game. THQ could never get that right.

But THQ overall had a far better system, as they had more games to get it right with. Fighters really did feel different; there were far, far more position to be put in, there were tons of moves, the EA was a little better, and the game just flowed better and feeled better. EA had a strange feeling to it where things often felt like they were in slow motions; combos and animations just felt slow and weak; it was odd.

EA had a good game - but people saying it was amazing and kicked ass I think are suffering from the classic gaming nostalgia bias. We remember things as just being better than they were, because they were fresh and offered us something different. The game had some great things to build from, but as an overall game it was a good first effort that gave them a lot to build on; which they never ended up doing.

As for EA UFC... Well, I've learned to generally not trust EA and just wait and see how the game is. For the most part, they fuck up their sports games and turn them into arcade fests, but try to pass them as simulation games. We'll see what direction they actually take with this, but I'd also hardly use EA MMA as an indicator as to how this game might play; whether you liked that game or not.
The stand up was based on fight night WTf are u talking about. U used the right stick to slip jabs. There were infinite ways to strike. Unlike undisputed (which I like which is abxy) Phone Post 3.0
Infinite ways to strike, my ass....Everyone on EA MMA had the same exact punches and kicks except for Nick Diaz. Lol Phone Post
6/4/13 5:18 PM
js138
213 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Even more frustrating was I couldnt give my create a fighter Cung Le's kicks which were some of the best in the game.

My other complaint is the lag in the controls. I'd say about once a game, there is a lag in controls and my fighter does three moves after I've hit nothing on the controller. Phone Post 3.0
6/4/13 5:36 PM
discodrew
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ea made EA:mma
But EA SPORTS is making EA:UFC

so it's going to be more similar to fight night then ea mma Phone Post
6/4/13 5:39 PM
slamming

Fedoral Crime -
Like he committed a fedoral crime. Phone Post 3.0
6/5/13 3:29 AM
PermitMeFisticuffsBrother
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

slamming - 
Fedoral Crime -

You forgot to take your sunglasses off when you said that

YEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH
6/5/13 3:55 AM
Fedoral Crime
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

slamming -
Fedoral Crime -
Boom!

You know I gots to VYTFU for that! Well played Phone Post 3.0
6/5/13 4:54 AM
Josh_underground
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fedoral Crime -
slamming -
Fedoral Crime -
Boom!

You know I gots to VYTFU for that! Well played Phone Post 3.0
He looks like a slightly darker Danny Trejo. Phone Post
6/5/13 11:17 AM
js138

Edited: 06/05/13 11:18 AM
I think E3 is gonna tell us a lot about this game. If there is any sort of question they avoid, more than likely its not a surprise but rather a feature that WON'T be in the game.

Honestly at this point, I don't see how we're NOT gonna lose features. I'll be very surprised and more than happy to eat crow if their ground game, clinch, and features like fighting against the cage are include and more intricate.

With them being this far in, and they're still developing the character models doesn't leave me with much hope that this game will be as deep as UFC 3.
6/5/13 11:33 AM
YousHerName

js138 - I think E3 is gonna tell us a lot about this game. If there is any sort of question they avoid, more than likely its not a surprise but rather a feature that WON'T be in the game.

Honestly at this point, I don't see how we're NOT gonna lose features. I'll be very surprised and more than happy to eat crow if their ground game, clinch, and features like fighting against the cage are include and more intricate.

With them being this far in, and they're still developing the character models doesn't leave me with much hope that this game will be as deep as UFC 3.
Spot on Phone Post
6/5/13 11:37 AM
le Hippie
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

js138 - I think E3 is gonna tell us a lot about this game. If there is any sort of question they avoid, more than likely its not a surprise but rather a feature that WON'T be in the game.

Kind of agree with you, however im hoping they are just getting onto the character models after spending most of their time making the gameplay better Phone Post 3.0
6/5/13 11:40 AM
js138

I hope so as well.

Also, If each fighter doesn't have their specific style and trademark moves I'm gonna take a shit and mail it to EA. Phone Post 3.0
6/7/13 7:51 AM
Dumbass JoeMimic
574 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sneak peek E3 trailer coming later today!
6/7/13 7:55 AM
PermitMeFisticuffsBrother
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

js138 - I hope so as well.

Also, If each fighter doesn't have their specific style and trademark moves I'm gonna take a shit and mail it to EA. Phone Post 3.0

trademark moves like Koscheck with his eye exam/poke
6/7/13 10:51 AM
js138

Dumbass JoeMimic - Sneak peek E3 trailer coming later today!

Awesome, when and where?
6/7/13 11:53 AM
Dumbass JoeMimic

js138 - 
Dumbass JoeMimic - Sneak peek E3 trailer coming later today!

Awesome, when and where?

Not sure but they posted this on facebook

I'm sure it'll be up soon.
6/7/13 1:13 PM
js138

Man, they better have more than just a trailer at e3 or I'm gonna be let down. Phone Post 3.0
6/7/13 5:41 PM
Dumbass JoeMimic

Only 22 seconds long and you have to try and pause it to get any real glimpse at anything.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.