UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> EA SPORTS UFC: NEWS MAY 21th

5/21/13 6:31 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
slamming
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The trailer didnt show anything. I doubt that the engine will even allow such a move off the cage. Strange that they chose those 2 guys to show off the engine - not exactly current.
5/21/13 6:36 PM
Nexuscrawlers
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

slamming - The trailer didnt show anything. I doubt that the engine will even allow such a move off the cage. Strange that they chose those 2 guys to show off the engine - not exactly current.
Not to mention that fight happened in WEC not UFC. Phone Post
5/21/13 6:39 PM
Masakyst
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well that was underwhelming.

But at least we got some info on a release date - April or May of 2014
5/21/13 6:39 PM
time traveling 12er
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/21/13 6:41 PM
It's a big deal that they put the ufc game on the same level as madden and fifa. Even if NBA live is struggling, the NBA is big. That's pretty great for MMA that one of the biggest game companies in the world is putting them up there amongst the best selling sports games in the world. Hockey didn't even make the cut! It's basically replaced fight night in the launch period.

As for how the game looks, even though these are probably just target renders, the games should look that good if not better.
5/21/13 8:03 PM
Chief Mac
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nexuscrawlers - 
BernardHopkins - 
beasly213 - I just really hope that they let you have guys in different weight classes fight against each other. I want to match up Mighty Mouse vs. Big Foot Silva! Who cares if it's ridiculous it's a video game I should be able to match up whoever I want.

this

the old knockout king boxing games would let you and it was cool as hell

even in EA's Fight Night (boxing) games you can choose boxers that are up to 2 wieght classes different.

U can do this in the last Undisputed game in event mode...pick ur first fighter then hit B to back out (xbox) of that fight...then hit A to go back into weight class selection...but when u hit A hold in LEFT or RIGHT and it will automatically start changing weight class...u have to let go and hope it lands on the weight class u wanted (but u can keep doin this - only takes 1 or 2 goes to select correct weight classes)...and u can have wotever u want...mightty mouse vs overeem is a classic. Juts thought id let u know....
ps my instructions r shit but u can google for better ones
5/21/13 8:27 PM
BullyKiller
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Am I the only one that remembers EA MMA?! Why are people excited about this?
5/21/13 9:06 PM
quality
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chief Mac - 
Nexuscrawlers - 
BernardHopkins - 
beasly213 - I just really hope that they let you have guys in different weight classes fight against each other. I want to match up Mighty Mouse vs. Big Foot Silva! Who cares if it's ridiculous it's a video game I should be able to match up whoever I want.

this

the old knockout king boxing games would let you and it was cool as hell

even in EA's Fight Night (boxing) games you can choose boxers that are up to 2 wieght classes different.

U can do this in the last Undisputed game in event mode...pick ur first fighter then hit B to back out (xbox) of that fight...then hit A to go back into weight class selection...but when u hit A hold in LEFT or RIGHT and it will automatically start changing weight class...u have to let go and hope it lands on the weight class u wanted (but u can keep doin this - only takes 1 or 2 goes to select correct weight classes)...and u can have wotever u want...mightty mouse vs overeem is a classic. Juts thought id let u know....
ps my instructions r shit but u can google for better ones

Thanks. Someone's comment "...I just got speared into the ground playing as Brock Lesnar by Urijah Faber."

I just found the instructions:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/632147-ufc-undisputed-3/62678674
My preferred mode of play in UFC Undisputed 3 is Event Mode. So I discovered this glitch that allows you to play open-weight matches (HW vs. LW, WW vs. BW, etc.). As far as I know though, it's only available to do within event mode because of the way matches can be selected. Here's how to do it:

1. Open event mode (Any name, venue, number of fights works)

2. Hit the A button on any particular match to edit the specifics of it.

3. Select the weight class of the first fighter that you want to select. Then, pick the fighter that you'd like under that particular weight class in either the red or blue corner (doesn't matter).

4. Hit confirm before selecting the second fighter. The match should show only the competitor you selected.

5. This is the part that allows you to pick ANY other fighter in the game. Hit the A button on your match again to open it up, however, make sure that you immediately hold your left analog stick to either the left or right as soon as you hit the A button. By you holding the left analog stick, the weight class for the fight will change, but the first fighter will not be removed. Normally, changing the weight class in a match within event mode will also remove the original fighter you selected, but holding the analog stick before the fight comes up ensures that your selected fighter remains there.

6. Now, you have to get lucky in holding your analog stick to land on the desired weight class for the second fighter. When you release your analog stick, it will land on the weight class that you can now pick for your second fighter. Go to the other corner and pick the fighter that you want.

The most random aspect of this process is which weight class you land on while holding the analog stick. You can somewhat control it if you have a quick eye. If you don't get the desired weight class though, you can always start the process from step 2 again. You can even set up an entire event with 8 different open weight fights! Let me know if this works for everybody or if you have any questions.
5/21/13 9:21 PM
UGCTT_ForeverOwnedByFryedTakayama
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Waiting for the news really makes me want to play UFC3 again
5/21/13 10:03 PM
Chigurh
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BullyKiller - Am I the only one that remembers EA MMA?! Why are people excited about this?

Um, cause that game kicked ass.
5/21/13 10:06 PM
L P

BullyKiller - Am I the only one that remembers EA MMA?! Why are people excited about this?

And I'll repeat that, It did kick ass.
5/21/13 10:48 PM
Masakyst
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EA MMA was great. When it was released, it received very strong reviews. Even if you prefer Undisputed, you have to respect that EA MMA was a great starting point into MMA games for EA and I am sure they gained a lot of insight into what they could improve now that they have the UFC franchise and a few extra years and the next gen consoles to develop it on.
5/21/13 11:43 PM
semtex0809
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nick Diaz on the cover Phone Post
5/22/13 1:06 AM
DamnHenderson
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

semtex0809 - Nick Diaz on the cover Phone Post
Tofu for you and your AMA ing idea. Maybe both brothers? How about the whole ceases Gracie jiu jitsu team? Complete with hoodies n middle fingers. Phone Post 3.0
5/22/13 1:07 AM
DamnHenderson
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck if nick n Nate put out there own game I'd buy it. Sim based jiu jitsu sandbox grand theft auto type shit? Oh yea, I'd buy two copies! Phone Post 3.0
5/22/13 2:30 AM
mata_leao
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

L P -

And I'll repeat that, It did kick ass.
Yup, it kicked ass.

Not to mention, they have a muuuuuuch bigger team and budget for this UFC title than they did for EA MMA. Phone Post 3.0
5/22/13 2:44 AM
Dingleberry Flopdoink The 3rd
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree. EA MMA was much better than the UFC games as far as the fighting part is concerned. Phone Post 3.0
5/22/13 5:37 AM
time traveling 12er
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DamnHenderson - Fuck if nick n Nate put out there own game I'd buy it. Sim based jiu jitsu sandbox grand theft auto type shit? Oh yea, I'd buy two copies! Phone Post 3.0

I can imagine it now. You'd start it up at dawn high above the suburbs of stockton CA, distant rap music can be heard. The camera would zoom down to street level as the music grew louder till it got to the front drive way of the Diaz family home, and the camera would just sit there. After awhile you'd get a message saying Nick can't make it to the game so you just get to stare at a full 3d render of the diaz house for a few hours.

Eventually when someone contacts him he says no one fucking told him he had to be there and he didn't give a shit about some faggot ass video game for fat faggots anyways. He just wants to train and scrap. Besides, he doesn't have anyone to butter him up and tell him when his stupid nerd game shit is happening anyways. Then he complains why he can't be on the cover of a fucking video game. Where's his fucking video game cover mother fuckers!? (He's not the the cover because he never showed up to the photoshoot) Finally the game would eject itself at your balls. When you pick up the disk the text on the disk would read "ew fag, why you putting me on your balls? You trying to fuck me in the disc hole? I'll fuck you up motherfucker!" end credits

Special edition feature is the new revolutionary flexible game disk that you can roll up and smoke.

Man... anyone have contact info for either of the Diaz brothers? This would be the best game ever.
5/22/13 6:21 AM
Taz Styles
3002 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So is the new UFC game going to be on the xbox 360 aswell?

5/22/13 10:35 AM
Lobo8

Taz Styles - 

So is the new UFC game going to be on the xbox 360 aswell?

I doubt it.
5/22/13 10:58 AM
triso
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dingleberry Flopdoink The 3rd - I agree. EA MMA was much better than the UFC games as far as the fighting part is concerned. Phone Post 3.0

They are not even in the same league.

UFC3 was an extremely deep MMA fighting system. EA's ground game was made for children. There was absolutely nothing to it.
5/22/13 12:03 PM
TheVandalz
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/22/13 12:05 PM
I still play UFC 3 when I want my fighting game fix. EA MMA has been rotting on my shelves since playing it out for the first week it got released.

EA MMA felt like Dancing with the MMA Stars!(TM) - it was smooth but your fighters felt choreographed. Distance was closed automatically for you by any attack. Every fighter was Nick Diaz or not. The submission game was less distracting than UFC's was but not as skill based (as much skill as you can have tricking someone to change directions during a sub in UFC vs pushing 1 button faster!). The striking was fun but it was simple and lacked variety. I very much preferred the EA's 'rocked' moment over UFC's though.

UFC felt like a fighting game, an actual MMA simulator. Perfect? Not even close, but it wasn't a dance off. The ground game was much more complete, much more positions, much more opportunities. EA's, however, did have a slightly better mechanic of being able to punch out of transitions and sub attempts, something UFC never really got right. You can punch your way out now in UFC 3, but it does need work. Fighting against the cage and in the clinch goes to UFC hands down.
5/22/13 12:10 PM
Yussarian
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/22/13 12:10 PM
I am concerned every time EA gets their hands on a game. They used to be awesome, now I feel they suck all the life out of games, while at the same time come up with online schemes to make you pay periodically. But maybe that is the trend.
5/22/13 12:16 PM
UGCTT_ForeverOwnedByFryedTakayama
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yussarian - I am concerned every time EA gets their hands on a game. They used to be awesome, now I feel they suck all the life out of games, while at the same time come up with online schemes to make you pay periodically. But maybe that is the trend.
I mean they fucked up sim city pretty bad.

They'll probably release a DLC 2 weeks after launch to include the ufc champs, because the game won't have them at the start Phone Post
5/22/13 12:20 PM
discodrew
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm excited.
Fight night champion was great.
And from what I've read it's going to a lot like it Phone Post
5/22/13 1:03 PM
Nexuscrawlers
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the striking in EA MMA was so much better than the UFC game. I am glad they are using Fight Night as a base. Those games are awesome.

obviously EA MMA had fewer moves and fighters, but it was thei FIRST MMA game. THQ had several tries and still made a mediocre (although fun) game.

i liked UFC3 a lot, but i just wish it was EA MMA but with the UFC3 roster and game modes (tournament, title mode, etc)

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.