UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> EA SPORTS UFC: NEWS MAY 21th

5/29/13 11:59 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/29/13 11:59 AM
js138 - I'm not really sure how online play went because I didn't want to bother with entering that stupid online pass code but when I played career mode on advanced I went to a lot of decisions.

I finished a career on Advanced a couple of weeks ago and I went to decision two maybe three times. I just think it's way too easy to finish guys in the Undisputed games.

5/29/13 12:43 PM
js138
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My CAF was a BJJ fighter with striking stats in low 60's so I think that helped. It sucks you have to nerf your CAF to make it more real but it did fix the constant KO/tko issue. Phone Post 3.0
5/29/13 12:49 PM
GrayKickass
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fraser_Finlay -

Hopefully the Hendo vs Shogun pic means that fights will be much tougher to finish and a lot more fights will go to decision.

This was something I loved about EA MMA, I used to have 15 minute wars with my friends that went to the judges and it was a lot of fun. In the THQ games too many fights ended in the first round because one guy landed 5 hooks in a row...

Do you play on default or simulation? I find it pretty much impossible to get to a decision on default. I much prefer sim mode. Phone Post
5/29/13 2:39 PM
Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GrayKickass -
Fraser_Finlay -

Hopefully the Hendo vs Shogun pic means that fights will be much tougher to finish and a lot more fights will go to decision.

This was something I loved about EA MMA, I used to have 15 minute wars with my friends that went to the judges and it was a lot of fun. In the THQ games too many fights ended in the first round because one guy landed 5 hooks in a row...

Do you play on default or simulation? I find it pretty much impossible to get to a decision on default. I much prefer sim mode. Phone Post
I only play on Simulation.

I find Default pretty annoying. Phone Post
5/29/13 3:25 PM
Stea1th
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The previews they showed didn't look impressive Phone Post
5/29/13 3:33 PM
js138
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree even though it wasn't game play I wasn't overly impressed with it. I thought the manipulation of Ben's face looked goofy and unreal. Though in all fairness facial impact would be hard to nail.

The shot of cain's head though looked like the game play model and gives me comfort to think the actual game play models will be impressive. Phone Post 3.0
5/29/13 5:19 PM
Sofa King Cool
236 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

js138 - I agree even though it wasn't game play I wasn't overly impressed with it. I thought the manipulation of Ben's face looked goofy and unreal. Though in all fairness facial impact would be hard to nail.

The shot of cain's head though looked like the game play model and gives me comfort to think the actual game play models will be impressive. Phone Post 3.0
My first thought Phone Post
5/29/13 5:23 PM
VTCO
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Hendo/Shogun one may be hinting towards a "classic fights" feature, like they have used in the Fight Night games where stats and details are saved from the fight.

5/29/13 5:36 PM
time traveling 12er
204 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm guessing #1 is progressive fatigue. Like as your stamina goes down it becomes visible on the fighters faces and body language, making them more like living fighters. Grimacing with each punch, hunched shoulders, huffing and puffing. Maybe even taking a deep breath after stepping back after an exchange to get your stamina back.

#2? Like someone said, having flash knockouts be skill based rather than random. Although they didn't seem completely random in the last game. Usually it seemed like you hand to catch a guy coming in to flask ko them.
5/29/13 6:51 PM
js138

No offense but why would flash knockouts be skill based? Anyone can Stun/KO someone with a punch. I knocked a 6'1" dude out with one punch at a party and I didn't even train.

If anything the game needs a little more Hendricks vs Fitch KO's. I have hundreds of hours in both MMA games and I've gotten two one hit KO's right off the bell. Phone Post 3.0
5/29/13 6:53 PM
GrayKickass
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

js138 - No offense but why would flash knockouts be skill based? Anyone can Stun/KO someone with a punch. I knocked a 6'1" dude out with one punch at a party and I didn't even train.

If anything the game needs a little more Hendricks vs Fitch KO's. I have hundreds of hours in both MMA games and I've gotten two one hit KO's right off the bell. Phone Post 3.0
Dude, just imagine if you traned ufc? You would have probably killed him, bro. Phone Post
5/29/13 7:04 PM
discodrew
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They are going to have either a cutman system or stoppage by cut Phone Post
5/29/13 7:07 PM
Dumbass JoeMimic
506 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

discodrew - They are going to have either a cutman system or stoppage by cut Phone Post
Ufc 3 has stoppage by cuts but it's so rare. Phone Post
5/29/13 7:09 PM
Dumbass JoeMimic
506 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Day 3 - one good shot could ruin your day Phone Post
5/29/13 10:01 PM
discodrew
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dumbass JoeMimic -
discodrew - They are going to have either a cutman system or stoppage by cut Phone Post
Ufc 3 has stoppage by cuts but it's so rare. Phone Post
I know but ea didn't. And that one of their "new features" Phone Post
5/29/13 10:17 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
516 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jmont - manager mode where u sign multiple fighters and fight as them would be cool Phone Post
Running a gym as the trainer would be cooler Phone Post
5/30/13 1:03 AM
PyleDrive Me, I Love It Baby
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive -
jmont - manager mode where u sign multiple fighters and fight as them would be cool Phone Post
Running a gym as the trainer would be cooler Phone Post
Both of these ideas would be amazing! It would give mma the feel that madden has where you care about your team.

I know it probably won't make it onto the first game but hopefully the next one! Phone Post
5/30/13 6:03 PM
Dumbass JoeMimic

Day 4 - reinvent the ground game. Phone Post
5/30/13 6:17 PM
PyleDrive Me, I Love It Baby
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Picture no worky Phone Post
5/30/13 6:21 PM
Dumbass JoeMimic

Phone Post
5/30/13 6:21 PM
Dumbass JoeMimic

PyleDrive Me, I Love It Baby - Picture no worky Phone Post
Yeah pictures aren't working from my phone for some reason. Phone Post
5/30/13 6:23 PM
Dumbass JoeMimic

Phone Post
5/30/13 7:48 PM
discodrew

Dumbass JoeMimic - Phone Post
Submission switch Phone Post
5/30/13 8:03 PM
Anderson P. Sonnen
655 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

discodrew -
I wanted to post this, but that has already been introduced by THQ. From the look of this picture, I would guess they are introducing a completely new hold of controls for the ground, new submissions etc. I always thought about the submissions being more realistic such as looking for wrist control to set up the armbar. No more insta-subs. Phone Post
5/30/13 9:13 PM
discodrew

Anderson P. Sonnen -
discodrew -
I wanted to post this, but that has already been introduced by THQ. From the look of this picture, I would guess they are introducing a completely new hold of controls for the ground, new submissions etc. I always thought about the submissions being more realistic such as looking for wrist control to set up the armbar. No more insta-subs. Phone Post
Yeah, it seems like most of these features are new to ea but the same as ufc3, just more advanced

And I'm fine with that Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.