UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> EA SPORTS UFC: NEWS MAY 21th

5/31/13 10:02 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
charms434
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You can not judge this game yet. Do you remember EA MA demo it sucked? That was a month before the great game came out! These pictures are a year before the game comes out. These new systems are probably going to be around till 2020! Who know what the games gonna look like in one year! Phone Post 3.0
5/31/13 10:59 AM
js138
194 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

charms434 - You can not judge this game yet. Do you remember EA MA demo it sucked? That was a month before the great game came out! These pictures are a year before the game comes out. These new systems are probably going to be around till 2020! Who know what the games gonna look like in one year! Phone Post 3.0

Nobody is really out right deciding their opinion about the game here, they certainly shouldn't if they have. None the less, I think some of us might be more into gaming than others here and are aware of how awful EA is as a game publisher. They sacrifice quality for money on a regular basis. Someone us are just afraid of EA UFC being as stripped down and bland as EA MMA (not saying EA MMA wasn't a good game).

As far as the EA MMA demo.. The only thing changed really was how often the computer went for takedowns. That demo was basically the game in a nutshell.
5/31/13 11:18 AM
charms434
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

js138 -
charms434 - You can not judge this game yet. Do you remember EA MA demo it sucked? That was a month before the great game came out! These pictures are a year before the game comes out. These new systems are probably going to be around till 2020! Who know what the games gonna look like in one year! Phone Post 3.0

Nobody is really out right deciding their opinion about the game here, they certainly shouldn't if they have. None the less, I think some of us might be more into gaming than others here and are aware of how awful EA is as a game publisher. They sacrifice quality for money on a regular basis. Someone us are just afraid of EA UFC being as stripped down and bland as EA MMA (not saying EA MMA wasn't a good game).

As far as the EA MMA demo.. The only thing changed really was how often the computer went for takedowns. That demo was basically the game in a nutshell.
Respectfully disagree. I thought the demo sucked, and wasn't gonna buy it. Then I played it at a friends house and it was a vastly superior game.
It just seems strange that people are saying "it looks like ps3'.. Well it has a whole yr to develop.
I remember saying ps3 and 360 games looked like ps2 and Xbox games At first. But now look at the strides they made. I mean the 360 and PS3 came out in what, 2006? THERE WERE NO IPHONE/SMARTPHONES, NO TABLETS! THINK HOW MUCH THE WORLD HAS CHANGED SINCE THIS GENERATION GAMING BEGAN. We could still be using these next generation systems 6-7 years from now. AND WHO KNOWS WHAT TYPR OF WORLD IT'LL BE.
w/ respect
Charms434 Phone Post 3.0
5/31/13 11:41 AM
js138
194 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Charms,

For sure on the graphics end. It's quite typical that game developers start putting out the most impressive looking games towards the end of a systems life cycle. Just due to the fact I've years of development they come up with better ways to max the potential of a graphics engine. I mean once I saw what you got out of a level of battlefield 3, I never wanted to play call of duty again.

The new grand theft auto is going to be one of the best looking games yet and it wi on 360 and PS3.

That said the video footage we saw of EA UFC was a video of pre-rendered graphics. If we had an actual Xbox one in front of us with the game running that footage would look more impressive.

Where I'm not impressed is that i feel what we did see should have looked a bit better. System makers only used to develop new consoles when a huge leap in technology was going to make a major impact on graphics. what we saw of EA MMA i feel is pretty much capable of doing on the current Xbox. However I'll hold my final judgement until release.

I feel like Xbox only decided to release a new system because they just wanted to release an all-in-one entertainment system. Phone Post 3.0
5/31/13 11:48 AM
Yun
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

should have TRT mode for Vitor, and horsemeat mode for overeem.

able to unlock Joe Rogan as a special character.

and GTA style of gameplay for TUF mode Phone Post
5/31/13 11:50 AM
Anderson P. Sonnen
680 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yun - should have TRT mode for Vitor, and horsemeat mode for overeem.

able to unlock Joe Rogan as a special character.

and GTA style of gameplay for TUF mode Phone Post
Lol with the option to pull oit an AK from you're jacket holster.

No can defend Phone Post
5/31/13 11:50 AM
Anderson P. Sonnen
680 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Out^ Phone Post
5/31/13 11:52 AM
js138

Though I will say I never thought 360 or ps3 looked like the first Xbox or ps2. The first game I saw on 360 was dead rising a d I was quite blown away by the graphics and detail. Phone Post 3.0
5/31/13 6:10 PM
Dumbass JoeMimic
559 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Day 5 - smarter opponents. Tougher fights. Phone Post
5/31/13 6:44 PM
Anderson P. Sonnen

Dumbass JoeMimic -
You won't be able to ko fighters like Anderson with someone like Forest quite as easy as you could in UFC 1 2 and 3 Phone Post
5/31/13 6:44 PM
time traveling 12er
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dumbass JoeMimic - 

Adaptive ai maybe? Learns your habits during a fight?
5/31/13 6:45 PM
js138

Catching kicks and countering is my guess. Phone Post 3.0
6/1/13 3:22 PM
Dumbass JoeMimic
559 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Day 6 - no more plastic action figures

Phone Post
6/1/13 4:12 PM
time traveling 12er
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dumbass JoeMimic -  Day 6 - no more plastic action figures

Phone Post

Probably body deformation happening on the fly. They've been really trying to push this sort of thing in their other franchises, I wonder how it'll turn out here.

People give EA a lot of crap for the animation glitches in the last generation of their games, but they made a huge advancement in how animations are done. Instead of rigid action figures that do their stuck animations, every character was basically a fully moveable physics dummy that could react naturally to collisions and whatnot. The tech is still rough, but I give them credit for trying something new.
6/1/13 4:29 PM
discodrew
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dumbass JoeMimic - Day 6 - no more plastic action figures

Phone Post
Broken limbs? Phone Post
6/1/13 4:34 PM
Anderson P. Sonnen

Dumbass JoeMimic - Day 6 - no more plastic action figures

Phone Post
Each fighter has their own finishing techniques and specific strenghts; ie: Faber's standing RNC as shown, signature guillotines etc.

I'm not going to lie, I haven't been this pumped for a UFC game since 08' Phone Post
6/1/13 6:08 PM
Dumbass JoeMimic

I think it has something to do with the animations and graphics. Phone Post
6/2/13 4:42 PM
Dumbass JoeMimic

Day 7 - Every step counts. Every movement matters.

Phone Post
6/2/13 6:57 PM
PyleDrive Me, I Love It Baby
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dumbass JoeMimic - Day 7 - Every step counts. Every movement matters.

Phone Post
^ Frankie Edgar will be faster than the flash!!! Phone Post
6/2/13 7:17 PM
Anderson P. Sonnen

Phone Post
Instant rematches and then another instant rematch? Phone Post
6/2/13 7:33 PM
Dumbass JoeMimic

Anderson P. Sonnen -

Phone Post
Instant rematches and then another instant rematch? Phone Post
Lmfao. Phone Post
6/3/13 7:46 PM
Dumbass JoeMimic

Phone Post
6/3/13 8:01 PM
Anderson P. Sonnen

Incredible ^^^ Phone Post
6/3/13 8:17 PM
time traveling 12er

Dumbass JoeMimic -  Day 7 - Every step counts. Every movement matters.

Phone Post

Completely collision detection? Like no clipping whatsoever?
6/3/13 8:57 PM
AllAmericanBoxing
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dumbass JoeMimic - Phone Post
It looks like they added 10 years to Bendos face lmao. Am I the only one that thinks that? Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.