UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Caraway: Zingano elbow incident 'lies and b.s.'

5/21/13 9:20 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1030 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Last week a story surfaced about an incident involving UFC bantamweight Brian Caraway and women's bantamweight Cat Zingano. Zingano alleges that back stage at the weigh-in event for the TUF 17 finale that Caraway purposedly elbowed her in the head as he walked by she later saw him and Tate laughing about it. The story was backed up by Zingano's nutrionist and her husband also retold his side of the story.

Today Caraway finally responded to the allegation, posting on his Facebook:

"This is a joke and a feeble attempt to jump on the bandwagon and get a little publicity. It's sad that someone would stoop so low. I know if someone elbowed Miesha I would say something about it right then not when conveniently there's a ton of media involved. Total lies and BS."

view official Facebook...

5/21/13 9:44 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
OmgItsTheWams
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

seriously I think at most he bumped into her or something and it was an accident but none of us will ever truly know what happened and I honestly think caraway is getting so much hate because he went off about marijuana either way he is a good fighter and that's what truly matters
5/21/13 9:59 AM
OmgItsTheWams
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

still it was healy who failed the test and dana had to take the bonus anyways why not give it to caraway he pulled off a nice submission its not his fault people need to stop pointing fingers at him for getting the bonus
5/21/13 10:08 AM
in_different
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think he is lying.

Anyone heard uriah halls side of the story? ive heard he might have been there too
5/21/13 10:14 AM
UGCTT_Benwahwah
240 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He makes a valid point. If he elbowed Zingano in the head why wasn't a big deal made out of it when it happened?

Even if it is true, I think that it is bullshit that its being brought up now. What does this have to do with anything he has said recently?

I smoke weed so I'm not biased, and I can't believe the amount of hate that is being piled on this guy. He made a stupid statement and everyone is trying to shit on him for it. You guys should blaze up and chill the fuck out. Phone Post 3.0
5/21/13 10:19 AM
GregNoActionJackson
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in_different - I think he is lying.

Anyone heard uriah halls side of the story? ive heard he might have been there too
Yup, what does hall have to gain from this Phone Post
5/21/13 10:20 AM
kying418
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Benwahwah - He makes a valid point. If he elbowed Zingano in the head why wasn't a big deal made out of it when it happened?

Even if it is true, I think that it is bullshit that its being brought up now. What does this have to do with anything he has said recently?

I smoke weed so I'm not biased, and I can't believe the amount of hate that is being piled on this guy. He made a stupid statement and everyone is trying to shit on him for it. You guys should blaze up and chill the fuck out. Phone Post 3.0

Could be because Zingano was getting prepared for the biggest fight of her life, and didnt need the outside distraction of her husband fighting with a UFC fighter backstage.

If anything, I think her husband did the right thing.
5/21/13 10:21 AM
GregNoActionJackson
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OmgItsTheWams - seriously I think at most he bumped into her or something and it was an accident but none of us will ever truly know what happened and I honestly think caraway is getting so much hate because he went off about marijuana either way he is a good fighter and that's what truly matters
Realistically that's prob what happened, but why deny it. That's my issue. Phone Post
5/21/13 10:22 AM
Whambo
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol that was a terrible rebuttal. It'd be different if he said something happened, but it wasn't as described, and here's my side of the story. Instead he's saying nothing at all happened, and all these people made it up out of thin air. I find that hard to believe.

5/21/13 10:26 AM
Zed Wayne Zed
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This guy just doesn't understand about not picking at a scab.

No one likes you.
Everyone thinks you are a wiener.

Stop talking, go the gym, keep your head low, and let this pass over.

The MMA fanbase will support the guys they like to the end of the world, but you have found yourself on the opposite end.

Talented guy, but very immature and foolish.
5/21/13 10:33 AM
The Hyena
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GregNoActionJackson - 
OmgItsTheWams - seriously I think at most he bumped into her or something and it was an accident but none of us will ever truly know what happened and I honestly think caraway is getting so much hate because he went off about marijuana either way he is a good fighter and that's what truly matters
Realistically that's prob what happened, but why deny it. That's my issue. Phone Post

when they told me it happened thats exactly what i asked was it a accident ? and they told me there was like 12 feet on the other side of him that he coulda went around her ..... and someone who saw it said "he did that shit on purpose"

we have NOTHING to gain from this.... nothing, were just telling you what happened
PrestigeWorldwide
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tate and caraway have a lot of baggage they're carrying right now. They have become very unlikeable with fans, but it was just a little backstage drama. It happens on all sports. Not that big of a deal. Phone Post 3.0
OmgItsTheWams

GregNoActionJackson - 

imo he has to say nothing happened at all even if he said it was an accident majority of people wouldn't believe him based on previous statements and the UG has already made up their minds on him no matter what he will never get a fair shot to actually explain his side
5/21/13 10:35 AM
PrestigeWorldwide
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GregNoActionJackson -
in_different - I think he is lying.

Yup, what does hall have to gain from this Phone Post
I haven't... Link? Phone Post 3.0
5/21/13 10:36 AM
tumn
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PrestigeWorldwide - Tate and caraway have a lot of baggage they're carrying right now. They have become very unlikeable with fans, but it was just a little backstage drama. It happens on all sports. Not that big of a deal. Phone Post 3.0

Yes, a man elbowing a woman in the head, not that big of a deal....
5/21/13 10:40 AM
OmgItsTheWams

The Hyena - 
GregNoActionJackson - 

when they told me it happened thats exactly what i asked was it a accident ? and they told me there was like 12 feet on the other side of him that he coulda went around her ..... and someone who saw it said "he did that shit on purpose"

we have NOTHING to gain from this.... nothing, were just telling you what happened

ok no disrespect intended here but we all know how heated things can be backstage especially for a big fight and it had to be hectic in the back as well and what does caraway or alpha male as a camp have to gain from elbowing cat? like I said we as a community will never truly know but most have chosen which side of the line they are on
5/21/13 10:41 AM
MisterFixit
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I smoke weed so I'm not biased,"

You must be high.

Or failed elementary english.
5/21/13 10:43 AM
chaplinshouse
703 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TUF coach > Bryan's 15 minutes of fame

Cat's rep > Bryan's rep

Bryan has zero issues taking a known good guy's hard earned money.  He has no issues having zero tolerance for something he's never tried.  He has no issues threatening to beat a woman down.  The shoe fits people.  I'm not sure how this 15 minutes has gone to his head but it has and he considers himself much higher than a TUF coach now.  Using him as a publicity stunt is hilarious

5/21/13 10:44 AM
The Hyena
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he has nothing to gain by elbowing cat .... except for mental stuff, its the fight game breaking someone mentally sometimes wins fights ...

and i know it was prolly heat of the moment stuff, and thats his girlfriend fighting, and im sure he regrets it, it diddnt hurt Cat, but it was a dickmove
5/21/13 10:49 AM
OmgItsTheWams

The Hyena - he has nothing to gain by elbowing cat .... except for mental stuff, its the fight game breaking someone mentally sometimes wins fights ...

and i know it was prolly heat of the moment stuff, and thats his girlfriend fighting, and im sure he regrets it, it diddnt hurt Cat, but it was a dickmove

I admittedly haven't really been following this story very much but I am just basing a lot of my opinions on the fact he is getting tons of undeserved hate for the healy situation and the UG now has it out for him
5/21/13 10:52 AM
OmgItsTheWams

chaplinshouse - 

Cat's rep > Bryan's rep

Bryan has zero issues taking a known good guy's hard earned money.  He has no issues having zero tolerance for something he's never tried.  He has no issues threatening to beat a woman down.  The shoe fits people.  I'm not sure how this 15 minutes has gone to his head but it has and he considers himself much higher than a TUF coach now.  Using him as a publicity stunt is hilarious

he didn't take his money holy shit what don't people get about that dana took his money and healy chose to smoke so if you blame anyone blame healy and as for the ronda comments he may have went a little overboard but she started the whole situation
5/21/13 10:55 AM
PrestigeWorldwide

tumn -
PrestigeWorldwide - Tate and caraway have a lot of baggage they're carrying right now. They have become very unlikeable with fans, but it was just a little backstage drama. It happens on all sports. Not that big of a deal. Phone Post 3.0

If it was a big deal, it would have been addressed right then and there, but it wasn't. Was it a dick move? Absolutely! But cat didn't seem too worried about it and neither did her dude. Or else shit woulda went down right there. Phone Post 3.0
5/21/13 10:58 AM
TheRaider
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who to believe, the two fighters in this thread who were there and have nothing to gain by lying or the guy deperately trying to save face..
5/21/13 11:08 AM
The Hyena

PrestigeWorldwide - 
tumn -

If it was a big deal, it would have been addressed right then and there, but it wasn't. Was it a dick move? Absolutely! But cat didn't seem too worried about it and neither did her dude. Or else shit woulda went down right there. Phone Post 3.0

it was kinda a big deal, and her husband wasnt back there when it happened we were sitting in the front table when they were in the back waitng to be called up for weight ins ...

and yea Mauricio wanted to go smash him right there, he's a bit psycho, but we wouldnt let him..

as ive stated earlier...being Cats Muay Thai coach

"yep , this happened.... then cat elbowed Meisha and that stopped the fight .. Karma ?

i dunno, i smiled"
5/21/13 11:14 AM
Outlaw'd by Lytle
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OmgItsTheWams -
chaplinshouse - 

Cat's rep > Bryan's rep

he didn't take his money holy shit what don't people get about that dana took his money and healy chose to smoke so if you blame anyone blame healy and as for the ronda comments he may have went a little overboard but she started the whole situation
This. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.