UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Dumbell press correct form?

5/21/13 12:27 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
palmmute
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I used to do them elbows out but read about strain on the shoulders. Did them with elbows in and felt more like a tricep workout.

Can anyone please explain the correct technique or point out a youtube video they recommend? I'm no lifting expert so any help is greatly appreciated. Phone Post
5/21/13 3:25 PM
Taku
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In theory I agree that a neautral grip (palms facing each other) is a more joint friendly option. However, the most important concept is which position feels most comfortable for you and your personal structure. 

TAKU

5/21/13 6:35 PM
palmmute
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for responding TAKU Phone Post
5/24/13 9:38 PM
MbA7601
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Taku -

In theory I agree that a neautral grip (palms facing each other) is a more joint friendly option. However, the most important concept is which position feels most comfortable for you and your personal structure. 

TAKU

Taku, so assuming a palm in grip press feels better, does it incorporate other muscles? Phone Post 3.0
5/25/13 4:15 PM
Taku
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Either position (neutral or more standard) is going to work delts, triceps etc). Minor variance not withstanding, the shoulder triceps complex is going to get worked well with either one.

TAKU

5/25/13 9:44 PM
andyman011
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What if you go from palm sideways to palm in, as a ROM? Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.