UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UFC 161 new headliner is Evans vs Hendo

5/21/13 4:06 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BrattMamley
1021 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Per Dana.

I think Dan Stupp of mma junkie said it best. "Evans-hendo as UFC 161 headliner? Makes total sense. Just not making my tail wag." Phone Post 3.0
5/21/13 4:08 PM
OftheWay
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is a superior main event, IMO.
5/21/13 4:08 PM
Michael Chase

I'm down... I see Rashad getting KO'd, however. Phone Post
5/21/13 4:09 PM
Card
1907 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Henderson 5 rounds? oh oh....

5/21/13 4:10 PM
Chris27

Will actually sell more PPV than Barao/Wineland.

Good fight, good co main event, good free tv main event, not a great PPV main event. If both were coming off a win and a title shot was at stake this would be a great main event.

5/21/13 4:11 PM
Chris27

Card - 

I believe they said it will be 3 rounds, contracts already signed for 3, wouldnt be fair to bump it to 5 a few weeks out.

5/21/13 4:13 PM
Kick Boxe
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 -
Card - 

I believe they said it will be 3 rounds, contracts already signed for 3, wouldnt be fair to bump it to 5 a few weeks out.

Ghey Phone Post
5/21/13 4:41 PM
Lasko
233 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 - 
Card - 

Also wouldn't be fair to charge us $55 for this card but they're going to do it anyways. Granted, this card wasn't worth $55 to begin with. Definitely one of the few ppv's I won't purchase.
5/21/13 4:44 PM
TheCrow13
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lasko - 
Chris27 - 
Card - 

Also wouldn't be fair to charge us $55 for this card but they're going to do it anyways. Granted, this card wasn't worth $55 to begin with. Definitely one of the few ppv's I won't purchase.

I dont usualy do this, but your going to NOT purchase a card with Hendo, Shogun, Rashad, Lil Nog, Tod Duffe, and some girls going at it? Not to mention is has one of the best undercards ive ever seen. The title was the icing on the cake, but without it, its still cake.

5/21/13 4:46 PM
orcus

Decent chance of Hendo by KO, but this also has an excellent shot at being a horrible, horrible snoozer.

Given how fucking boring both Dan's and Rashad's last fights were, this is a dangerous fight to choose to headline a card.

5/21/13 4:48 PM
T Bag

This will be an awful fight.
Henson will throw telegraphed haymakers the entire fight while Tasha's will alternate pattycakes and takedowns. Phone Post 3.0
5/21/13 4:50 PM
ABE FROMAN
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dan is going to lose.

5/21/13 4:57 PM
BrattMamley
1021 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is rashad ever in an exciting fight when he's winning? It's either flash KO or boring decision. Phone Post 3.0
5/21/13 4:57 PM
Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cool, hope Hendo takes it.

Sucks Barao is injured though, I love watching him fight :( Phone Post
5/21/13 5:01 PM
Michael Chase

TheCrow13 -
Lasko - 
Chris27 - 
Card - 

I dont usualy do this, but your going to NOT purchase a card with Hendo, Shogun, Rashad, Lil Nog, Tod Duffe, and some girls going at it? Not to mention is has one of the best undercards ive ever seen. The title was the icing on the cake, but without it, its still cake.

This.

Great card on paper, so I'm excited, but at the same time we know how that can go... Phone Post
5/21/13 5:01 PM
Tomato Can
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/21/13 5:03 PM
Wasn't planning on buying it before, definitely not buying it now. It's now a 2-fight card with no real main event, and it's sandwiched between 2 far superior cards that are only 3 weeks away from it on either side.
5/21/13 5:02 PM
Onlyonemichaelbisping

YukiNakai'sEye -
NewGenUfcFan -
Kick Boxe - 
Chris27 -
Card - 

Ghey Phone Post

stop with the gay insults man. My twin is gay and i just fucking hate when people use it. Too dumb to type stupid?
Ever worry that he wants to fuck you? Phone Post 3.0
Haha, this guy.. Phone Post
5/21/13 5:13 PM
Pancake Syrup
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So this is what the main card will probably look like now

Rashad - Hendo
Shogun - Lil Nog
Barry - Jordan
Davis - Sexton
Woodley - Shields

mehhh
5/21/13 5:21 PM
Sofa King Cool
288 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That fight has potential to be a war or a borefest. I'm not going to risk it. Phone Post
5/21/13 5:30 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus -

Decent chance of Hendo by KO, but this also has an excellent shot at being a horrible, horrible snoozer.

Given how fucking boring both Dan's and Rashad's last fights were, this is a dangerous fight to choose to headline a card.

This.

Hendo and Rashad's last fights were so awful that it's scary to imagine this one.

Neither can afford a loss.

Hendo loses and he may as well retire.

Evans loses and he is far removed from ANY title picture.

We could get a war but when two guys can't afford to lose we may get a 15 minute chess match.

It's a gamble. Phone Post
5/21/13 5:34 PM
DaddyRich
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NewGenUfcFan - 
Kick Boxe - 
Chris27 -
Card - 

Ghey Phone Post

stop with the gay insults man. My twin is gay and i just fucking hate when people use it. Too dumb to type stupid?

If you're identical twins I hate to tell you this but you're gay too
5/21/13 5:46 PM
MadmanGadman
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus -

Voted up! I came here to say the same. Phone Post 3.0
5/21/13 5:52 PM
Chris27

MadmanGadman - 
orcus -

Voted up! I came here to say the same. Phone Post 3.0

Not really, yes both fights werent good but they have more name value than Barao/Wineland.

This card wasnt gonna sell well anyway, this wont hurt, it actually should help the card sell more PPV.
5/21/13 6:10 PM
PrestigeWorldwide
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lasko - 
Chris27 - 
Card - 

Where will they air it if they took it off PPV? Do you think FOX is just lolly gagging around waiting for a UFC event to fold so they can have something to air?
5/21/13 6:19 PM
GregBell
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I need to see hendo ko rashad to believe theres higher than a 10% chance of that happening... you can say what you want but i was 5 rows back at 157 current version of hendo looked painfully slow yeah i know its machida but still dude looked slow as mollases.yeah Rashad should be able to use his quickness and take a rather boring dec if he wants. He has the cardio edge of course woudlnt be surprised if hashad hit a few takedowns. Rashads fight to lose imo be shocked if he came out flat Again.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.