UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jacob Volkmann on mission to "expose" UFC

5/21/13 4:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Ed Kapp
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AboveAndBeyondMMA.com: Were you expecting to be released?

Jacob Volkmann: No, no. I said in a few interviews that I did expect it, but I was just playing with the media. I had no idea.

AABMMA: How can a fighter go 6-2 and still be released?

JV: You tell me. Politics, my friend.

AABMMA: Are you at all bitter about how things worked out with the UFC?

JV: Very bitter. They always claim that they treat the fighters so well. Yeah, they treat the top five per cent of the fighters well — the ones that are on the main card all the time. They don’t treat the rest of them very well. The healthcare plan is horrible, with a $1,500 deductible per injury — the catastrophic-injury insurance is not even really good insurance. There’s no retirement fund, there’s no signing bonus. You start off at six-and-six, you’re really not making too much money because you’re self-employed, so you’re paying the self-employment tax and you’re paying the regular tax and income tax. So you’re paying twice as much in tax. They claim they’re treating the fighters well, but they’re not, realistically.

http://aboveandbeyondmma.com/?p=582

5/21/13 4:14 PM
HandyDarsh
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IN

5/21/13 4:17 PM
Uncle Muay Thai
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This could get interesting Phone Post 3.0
5/21/13 4:18 PM
ABE FROMAN
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/21/13 4:23 PM

Well....Jacob on another mission again I see......

5/21/13 4:19 PM
Æsbiorn von Øystæin
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In!
5/21/13 4:19 PM
PrestigeWorldwide
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In early Phone Post 3.0
5/21/13 4:20 PM
Built Like A Fedor
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks, Obama! Phone Post 3.0
5/21/13 4:21 PM
InspiritMick
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

On face value I hate his politics yet I support everything he just said.......

5/21/13 4:22 PM
attjack

It's entertainment. If you're not entertaining you might get cut.
5/21/13 4:26 PM
Haadogei

i think it's ironic to be a staunch conservative and then complain about your rights as a worker in our free market society.

If you don't like what an employer is offering you, go work somewhere else. That's the free market. That's the whole cornerstone of conservative ideas. He is being a hypocrite.
5/21/13 4:28 PM
Rookie Fighter

attjack - It's entertainment. If you're not entertaining you might get cut.
. Phone Post 3.0
Naderhood
791 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haadogei - i think it's ironic to be a staunch conservative and then complain about your rights as a worker in our free market society.

If you don't like what an employer is offering you, go work somewhere else. That's the free market. That's the whole cornerstone of conservative ideas. He is being a hypocrite.
Well, it sucks but I agree. Fighting in any show is a choice. Phone Post 3.0
KevinMcAllister
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haadogei

InspiritMick - 

On face value I hate his politics yet I support everything he just said.......

that's because he's making liberal arguments. He's basically just a confused guy that likes to make outlandish statements.
5/21/13 4:31 PM
ABE FROMAN
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haadogei - i think it's ironic to be a staunch conservative and then complain about your rights as a worker in our free market society.

No more hypocritical than it is to back a companies' ability to hire whoever they want but then get pissy when they suspend someone for calling people f*ggot, lol

5/21/13 4:32 PM
2JupitersTooMany
1574 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UG News:  Volkmann bitter over conservative policies, wants universal MMA healthcare

5/21/13 4:33 PM
spliff
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sub
5/21/13 4:33 PM
Chris27

He is looking for attention.
5/21/13 4:35 PM
Let me bang bro

obamacare, bro. jesus you gotta spell everything out for this guy
5/21/13 4:36 PM
IP
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm starting to change my view on fighters' pay.

The UFC's mindset seems to be that when a fighter makes it to the UFC, they've made it to the "show," and all other organizations are merely feeder systems or the "minors." If that's the case, then any fighter who makes it to a UFC card should feel they've achieved something special, and with that, should be compensated accordingly. Base pay should be much more than competing organizations, and more than 6/6.
5/21/13 4:37 PM
Zed Wayne Zed
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I cannot wait for the obligatory Dana calling he and Cholish "morons" during this week's scrum.

It will be epic Dana White anger towards these gents.

Book it.
5/21/13 4:37 PM
spaulding91

So he says the UFC treated him and those below the top guys like shit. Yet hes bitter he was released?
5/21/13 4:38 PM
G-Hands
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2JupitersTooMany - 

UG News:  Volkmann bitter over conservative policies, wants universal MMA healthcare

legit lol over here.
5/21/13 4:39 PM
G-Hands
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haadogei - i think it's ironic to be a staunch conservative and then complain about your rights as a worker in our free market society.

Well said.
5/21/13 4:43 PM
trent205
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UFC will undoubtedly have a union at some point, there's no way around it! Every major sports org has one and I am not a fan of unions in general but in the case if pro athletes its needed! Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.