UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Nerds think Ryan Gosling is amazing?

5/22/13 12:02 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PeteyWheatstraw
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Have you encountered this phenomena? Ryan Gosling has a following amongst nerds who don't have much luck with women. They're all like, "Ryan Gosling is incredible, he shows so much range as an actor. He was badass in the driver, but he's also funny. I have all his movies on Blu-Ray."

WTF? I have only seen one Ryan Gosling movie, "The Notebook", where he set a pretty damn high standard for dudes to live up to with the ladies. Nobody is gonna make your life that romantic. I wanted to see the one with Steve Carell, but haven't gotten around to it. I don't know if he's funny or not.

I don't mind the guy, but why is he so impressive to nerds? He's not playing Batman. They worship the guy for some reason. Are they gay nerds?
5/22/13 12:07 PM
46and2degrees
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought he was great in The Place Beyond the Pines. Phone Post
5/22/13 12:07 PM
The Great White Shart

He is an awful actor who tries too hard to be "great".

-Drama Phone Post
5/22/13 12:08 PM
Entreri

Who?
5/22/13 12:12 PM
PeteyWheatstraw
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"He is an awful actor who tries too hard to be "great". "

I've heard he has a 'dark' side? lol. Nothing really stands out about him. He's a pretty boy, I can see why the girls like him. I don't get the dude fanboys. There's always pics of him with no shirt. He's in shape, but not really a specimen.
5/22/13 12:31 PM
TheKidAintMine
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm really surprised that he's getting such high praise as an actor. I thought he was terrible in Drive.
5/22/13 12:33 PM
Card
2018 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5/22/13 12:35 PM
PeteyWheatstraw

lol
5/22/13 12:36 PM
Chomas
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's an OK actor that goes far because of his looks.
5/22/13 12:38 PM
The Great White Shart

Lol at his "dark side" he is so soft.

Hes like a poor mans heath ledger.

-Drama Phone Post
5/22/13 12:39 PM
Garv
301 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ban April 1st, Please!

Didn't care for him in Drive but thought he was great in Ides of March.

5/22/13 12:45 PM
StevetheWeasel
564 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who?

Is this that weirdo that was on the reality show with all the kids?

Isn't his moment over yet?
5/22/13 12:48 PM
sacredhate
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he was on some after-school special where it was high school on a boat or some such wasn't he...and i think he played a nerd.
5/22/13 12:52 PM
Tomato Can

He is an excellent actor with an awesome resume for a guy in his early 30s:

Ides of March
Blue Valentine
Drive
Half Nelson
Fracture
Place Beyond the Pines
5/22/13 1:13 PM
Rimbaud
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm sorry but I don't buy this goober in anything.  Not sure if it's because he's a shit actor, or because the media is so clearly trying to shove him down the country's collective throats, but it' not working.  They're trying to turn this guy into a movie star and it's just not happening.   He's like the indie Ryan Reynolds.

And WHY THE FUCK is this guy continuing to get casted in tough guy/badass roles (I realize I just answered this question above...)?!?  You've got to be fuckin' kidding me.  Is there a less believable tough guy in movies today???

5/22/13 1:14 PM
The Great White Shart

Rimbaud -

I'm sorry but I don't buy this goober in anything.  Not sure if it's because he's a shit actor, or because the media is so clearly trying to shove him down the country's collective throats, but it' not working.  They're trying to turn this guy into a movie star and it's just not happening.   He's like the indie Ryan Reynolds.

And WHY THE FUCK is this guy continuing to get casted in tough guy/badass roles (I realize I just answered this question above...)?!?  You've got to be fuckin' kidding me.  Is there a less believable tough guy in movies today???

Shia lebouf.

-DramA Phone Post
5/22/13 1:15 PM
UGCTT_CreepysStacheWax

Hes sucha pimp in crazy stupid love haha Phone Post
5/22/13 1:25 PM
nofx
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol @ 6'3" and 220
5/22/13 1:25 PM
sockeye
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Was pretty good in Alpha Dog as the drug dealing brother Phone Post 3.0
5/22/13 1:35 PM
Tomato Can

First of all, he's in a completely different league than Ryan Reynolds, who isn't really a serious actor and is mostly in awful rom-coms and mediocre action movies. I don't see how you could even compare the two.

Secondly, he's not exactly consistently cast as a tough-guy, and I don't think his few tough-guy roles have even been his best performances.
5/22/13 2:06 PM
Chomas
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

theloser187 - 
SouthernGent - 
theloser187 - 
Rimbaud - 

You don't understand the industry. My brother is a set designer and has worked three movies with Ryan.

He's cast as a "tough guy" because he's a deceptively big dude. He's 6'3" and about 220 pounds.

THat's also a problem. He's too tall for most co-stars and presents challenges in filming. They had to do a special set to film him walking down a hall with 5'0" Marisa Tomei.

Gosling is barely 5'11

Eva Menedes is a tall female actress at 5'6". Notice the gap and "lift" between Gossling and Mendes:
http://www.usmagazine.com/uploads/assets/photo_galleries/regular_galleries/1960-ryan-goslings-movie-romances/photos/1356734837_ryan-gosling-eva-mendes-zoom.jpg

He's tall and they state him as 6'1" cause 6'3" would freak most directors out.

FYI it makes it seem like you want to bang him since you care so much.
5/22/13 2:06 PM
Rimbaud
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tomato Can - First of all, he's in a completely different league than Ryan Reynolds, who isn't really a serious actor and is mostly in awful rom-coms and mediocre action movies. I don't see how you could even compare the two.

Secondly, he's not exactly consistently cast as a tough-guy, and I don't think his few tough-guy roles have even been his best performances.

I meant that both he and Reynolds are leading men despite the fact that neither is a box office draw.  Of course with Reynolds it's far more absurd considering that he's constantly cast in big budget, major studio films that bomb.

5/22/13 3:44 PM
PeteyWheatstraw

nofx - Lol @ 6'3" and 220

He's the same size as Tito Ortiz.
5/22/13 3:54 PM
Tomato Can

Rimbaud - 
Tomato Can - First of all, he's in a completely different league than Ryan Reynolds, who isn't really a serious actor and is mostly in awful rom-coms and mediocre action movies. I don't see how you could even compare the two.

I meant that both he and Reynolds are leading men despite the fact that neither is a box office draw.  Of course with Reynolds it's far more absurd considering that he's constantly cast in big budget, major studio films that bomb.

I think the jury is out on whether Gosling is a "draw". Drive and Blue Valentine did very well for small-budget flicks. His only flop was Gangster Squad and of course that was a turd that had a bunch of big name actors in it.

But as far as pure acting ability and good performances in good movies, he and Ryan Reynolds aren't even in the same ballpark.
5/22/13 4:03 PM
jettdogg

theloser187 - 
Tomato Can - 
Rimbaud - 

I think the jury is out on whether Gosling is a "draw". Drive and Blue Valentine did very well for small-budget flicks. His only flop was Gangster Squad and of course that was a turd that had a bunch of big name actors in it.

But as far as pure acting ability and good performances in good movies, he and Ryan Reynolds aren't even in the same ballpark.

LMFAO!!!!!!!!! Gossling is just as bad as Rynolds.

Gosslings role have been one dimensional and flat. Easy to play.

Wait until Only God Forgives comes out. In this Gossling tries to act. It's a fucking horror show.

I seen a preview of this as my bro worked on it. The movie is so bad you want to hug Gossling. It's bad. He's bad.

The reviews for that movie are hilarious, the crap director is getting raped right along with Gosling, who can't act. Big difference between getting roles in films and being able to act.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.