UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Nerds think Ryan Gosling is amazing?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

5/22/13 4:06 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
lars_schifinkter
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Blue pls:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqs7857hksM

I will post this vid every Gosling thread.

5/22/13 4:07 PM
Woodkid
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i like him and loved place beyond the pines but I LOL'd at drive in several scenes

with that being said, he's replaced my mancrush of Brad Pitt, come st me bros
5/22/13 4:09 PM
Tomato Can
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's just total bullshit. You must not have seen many of his movies because I don't think anyone that's seen Half Nelson and Blue Valentine would make that claim.
5/22/13 4:10 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

StevetheWeasel - Who?

Is this that weirdo that was on the reality show with all the kids?

Isn't his moment over yet?
Yeah, that's him. Phone Post
5/22/13 4:16 PM
DoovyB
881 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wasn't he in gangster squad? Phone Post
5/22/13 4:22 PM
LiftorDie
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Remember the Titans was good.
5/22/13 4:25 PM
jettdogg

He's listed at 6'1 and is probably about 180. I'll find those reviews of his new movie. Hilarious.
5/22/13 4:25 PM
Tomato Can
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He was every bit as good as Michelle Williams in Blue Valentine. And he was great in Half Nelson. And good in Ides of March. The idea that he's a "shit actor" is just nonsense. If he's a shit actor then like 90% of actors are shit actors.
5/22/13 4:28 PM
jettdogg

Only God Forgives Reviews
"Only God Forgives" reviews from the Cannes Film Festival: not great.

When Ryan Gosling and Nicolas Winding Refn last teamed for a film, the result was "Drive," a hyper-violent and critically beloved dreamscape that earned rave reviews at the 2011 Cannes Film Festival and won Refn the Best Director trophy from the festival's jury. Judging from the early response to "Only God Forgives," the pair's latest collaboration, don't expect a repeat.

"The wallpaper emotes more than Ryan Gosling does in 'Only God Forgives,' an exercise in supreme and minimal substance from 'Drive' director Nicolas Winding Refn," wrote Peter Debruge for Variety, a slam that seems almost quaint in comparison to the vitriol posted by Hollywood Elsewhere proprietor Jeff Wells:

Movies really don't get much worse than Nicholas Winding Refn's Only God Forgives. It's a shit macho fantasy -- hyperviolent, ethically repulsive, sad, nonsensical, deathly dull, snail-paced, idiotic, possibly woman-hating, visually suffocating, pretentious. I realize I sound like Rex Reed on one of his rants, but trust me, please -- this is a defecation by an over-praised, over-indulged director who thinks anything he craps out is worthy of your time. I felt violated, shat upon, sedated, narcotized, appalled and bored stiff.
5/22/13 4:30 PM
lars_schifinkter
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tomato Can - He was every bit as good as Michelle Williams in Blue Valentine. And he was great in Half Nelson. And good in Ides of March. The idea that he's a "shit actor" is just nonsense. If he's a shit actor then like 90% of actors are shit actors.

RE: You last sentence.

Yes.
5/22/13 4:32 PM
jettdogg

lars_schifinkter - Blue pls:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqs7857hksM

I will post this vid every Gosling thread.

5/23/13 12:20 AM
PeteyWheatstraw
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would give Ryan Reynolds the edge. He's at least pretty funny. He's got the charisma advantage.
11/17/13 6:33 PM
StevetheWeasel
771 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haha. Finally saw this guy in a movie last night. I'm with ya, PW. I don't get it.
11/17/13 6:38 PM
tj tapper
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Drive is awesome. One of my fave movies. Phone Post 3.0
11/17/13 8:14 PM
jitzophrenic
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not a Gosling fan at all, but The Believer was really good. He plays a Jewish Nazi skinhead in it, and it's based on a true story.
11/17/13 8:45 PM
awilson82
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fracture is a great movie. I think Gosling is decent. Phone Post 3.0
11/17/13 8:45 PM
AllAmericanBoxing
293 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He was great in remember the titans. Even though he lost his starting postition to a n. . . Nurse from scrubs. Phone Post 3.0
11/17/13 9:41 PM
Handsome Jack
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

After The Believer and United States Of Leland he can do whatever he wants. I eouldn't say he's got a lot of range, but he's good at what he does. Not everyone can be Gary Oldman. Phone Post 3.0
11/17/13 9:49 PM
PeteyWheatstraw
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Haha. Finally saw this guy in a movie last night. I'm with ya, PW. I don't get it."

Yeah. He doesn't seem to have any unique personality traits, imo. Not really comedic, dramatic, eccentric, etc. there's just not a whole lot to him. Could just as easily see him as a TV actor. Nerds love him though. I guess it's better than seeing Matt Damon everywhere.
11/17/13 9:52 PM
Trust
981 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts, L.L.C., Moderator
I have not seen any of Gosling's movies.

I did like Ryan Reynolds in Chaos Theory and The Proposal. Phone Post 3.0
11/17/13 10:01 PM
Gino_Corona

He's like the CM Punk of the movie industry Phone Post 3.0
11/17/13 10:01 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

His band, Dead Man's Bones. He does vocals
11/17/13 10:42 PM
PeteyWheatstraw

"He's like the CM Punk of the movie industry"

lol. Perfect.
11/17/13 11:06 PM
GrandInquisitor
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I will say that he was extremely good in "Lars and the Real Doll" which is such a unique movie and so different from what you would think from the title.
7/20/14 9:41 AM
StevetheWeasel
771 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

""He's like the CM Punk of the movie industry"

lol. Perfect."

Haha.

Having seen a few films he's in now, this is really dead on.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.