UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Fighters Being jerks to Fans

6/12/13 3:02 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom

Tito Ortiz-Tito might be the fan friendliest fighter in the World, signs ALLL the autographs takes ALLL the pic

Matt Hughes-SUPER nice, gives a "hi, I'm Matt" and proceeds to engage in a conversation in which you can tell he's being real

Dominick Cruz-had just broken his hand, was still posing for pics and signing everything

Travis Browne-very nice, super down to Earth

K Zombie-don't think he honestly speaks any English, but he and his Manager were very cool

Ryan Bader, Sean Sherk, Sam Stout, Brandon Vera, Court McGee-all very friendly

6/12/13 3:23 PM
Pooch
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Met Matt Serra at the first uk UFC was cool as fuck... Gill Castillo was with him and wasn't really cool... Interrupted chuck Liddell when he was buying beer and hot dogs at the same event ... Cool as fuck and had a pic taken even though I think he was in a rush

Jeremy horn fought on a extreme brawl card in the uk and had a very controversial draw... I was at a stand selling t shirts and he stopped for a chat on way back to the dressing room... Came back with monte cox after his shower and stayed talking for thirty minutes... Coolest man I met Phone Post 3.0
6/12/13 3:31 PM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom

forgot Matt Serra, GREAT GUY, 100% awesome.

10/17/13 5:05 AM
elliotc
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub'd
10/17/13 6:59 AM
huggy bear
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post 3.0
10/17/13 9:55 AM
cripplersc
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Met Kim Couture. Despite the hate she gets she's super nice and very smart. Oh and DAT ASS! Phone Post
10/17/13 10:05 AM
SJCOTTON
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post 3.0
10/17/13 10:18 AM
NukSooCow
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phisher -

A lot of fans of this sport are extremely negative people who look for any reason to shit on fighters and hold petty grudges against people that they don't even know personally.

After dealing with a bunch of obnoxious, MMA smark trolls for a long period of time, it's not surprising that some guys don't want to deal with the bullshit.

You nailed it. Can't imagine how annoying it could be. Dana is a true warrior for always smiling and talking to everyone. Phone Post 3.0
10/17/13 10:27 AM
HolyHackZack
418 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

big_roy_fan - cub swanson has always been a dick i think.

i think he may just be nervous in front of the spotlight, but i know someone who first hand said he is not very nice to his fans, and i've seen him post on twitter implying that mma fans are all meat heads.

After the Johnson/Moraga fight my mom, brother, his girlfriend and I went out to dinner. We were sitting at Ozzies in Seattle having dinner and looking at pictures of the fights when Liz Carmouche walked in. I got up to say hi but she looked busy so I walked back to my seat. Someone had sat down in my seat and was going through our pictures with my family. 

'Excuse me... Oh shit your Cub Swanson!'

My family was like 'Wait you know this guy? He just sat down and started looking at pictures and talking fights with us.'

Seemed like a really awesome down to earth dude, very appreciative of his fans. I remembered this thread and was expecting him to be a dick. Great suprise.

10/17/13 10:58 AM
HolyHackZack
418 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I also finally got to meet Robbie Lawler. Extremely humble guy. I kind of mumbled 'You've been one of my favorites since you knocked out Tiki back in the day...'  and he started laughing his ass off. 

'Tiki? Tiki Ghosn? Damn I haven't though about that fight in a long time, you have been around a while!'

10/17/13 12:40 PM
klabo

Mir, Rothwell, Rashad, Dan Hardy stand out as really cool dudes.... By far and away, Jon Jones is the biggest dick in the world. Literally ignored multiple fans talking about an inch from his face... Dude is a giant by the way Phone Post 3.0
10/17/13 1:08 PM
Beefy Wellington

MediumRareMistake - Bones took home my designated driver and her friend to his hotel in Edmonton while my buddies and I had to cab home. Phone Post 3.0
Betas Phone Post 3.0
10/17/13 1:09 PM
Beefy Wellington

TheOneDylanThomas - From another thread. My Hughes moment; Favorite ever:

USA v/s Canada (don't recall the number). Went to the weigh ins and was able to meet a lot of fighters that I had watched over the years. I had a great time but was a little bummed that I didn't get to meet my favorite fighter (Hughes). It was my last night in LV and decided to grab dinner at House of Blues before I called it a night. While the server was walking my girlfriend and I to our table, my gf started poking my ribs and pointed over to a small table in the middle of the room where Matt Hughes and three other people were eating. Waited for him to finish his meal and walked over starstruck and nervous and asked for a picture. He could not have been more gracious. Got the picture, briefly talked to him, and he slapped me on my back and thanked me for being a fan. Definitely my favorite Hughes moment and why I am skeptical when I hear stories of him being a dick to other fans.
You must be white ;-) Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.