UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Fighters Being jerks to Fans

5/23/13 3:19 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Tat2tillidie
366 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Never met a fighter ever , was gonna go to a UFC this summer but my plans just got changed because of funds going elsewhere ...

TTT for a good read vu op good thread ... Phone Post 3.0
5/23/13 3:36 AM
JCON
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stitch is one of the nicest guys in the business. I want to type the story but not on my phone. Next time I'm at a computer I will.

Bones signed my boot, didn't get to meet him though he was leaving his spot at the UFC expo but he kept signing stuff for everyone. I didn't have anything so I took my boot off and sure enough it was passed 20 feet to him and back.

Barnett, Werdum, Hominick, Cowboy, Mir, Gustaffson, JZ, Yves Edwards, punk ass and scrape, all nice dudes too. Phone Post 3.0
5/23/13 3:41 AM
UGCTT Captain America's Butler, Suck It Jobe!
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JCON - Stitch is one of the nicest guys in the business. I want to type the story but not on my phone. Next time I'm at a computer I will.

Bones signed my boot, didn't get to meet him though he was leaving his spot at the UFC expo but he kept signing stuff for everyone. I didn't have anything so I took my boot off and sure enough it was passed 20 feet to him and back.

Barnett, Werdum, Hominick, Cowboy, Mir, Gustaffson, JZ, Yves Edwards, punk ass and scrape, all nice dudes too. Phone Post 3.0

Nice @ getting your boot signed by JBJ.
5/23/13 3:53 AM
Slick Jitz
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Met Ben rothwell at the UFC fan expo for UFC 148. He was seated caddy-cornered with Cain at the bsn booth. Absolute gentleman that was all smiles and loved to chat. When i asked for an autograph for my brother (who was at another booth) he asked me his name. I told him and also added, "personalized huh? Very impressive" to which he replied "these guys are just lazy if they aren't doing that" and then he turned around towards cain and said "LAZY!" I chuckled. Very funny guy Phone Post
5/23/13 4:12 AM
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Slick Jitz -  Met Ben rothwell at the UFC fan expo for UFC 148. He was seated caddy-cornered with Cain at the bsn booth. Absolute gentleman that was all smiles and loved to chat. When i asked for an autograph for my brother (who was at another booth) he asked me his name. I told him and also added, "personalized huh? Very impressive" to which he replied "these guys are just lazy if they aren't doing that" and then he turned around towards cain and said "LAZY!" I chuckled. Very funny guy Phone Post

I saw him in the Luxor the day before that Fan Expo started but didn't get a chance to get a picture.
5/23/13 4:48 AM

big_roy_fan - cub swanson has always been a dick i think.

i think he may just be nervous in front of the spotlight, but i know someone who first hand said he is not very nice to his fans, and i've seen him post on twitter implying that mma fans are all meat heads.

He was pretty cool when I met him. Didn't come off as a dick imo. Could just be trying to play nice though.
5/23/13 4:49 AM
benkordus
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RearNakedToke - Mark Coleman called me a motherfucker in Japan once Phone Post 3.0

Did he gas while doing it?
5/23/13 4:49 AM
Localcup
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ranier wolfcastle -

i'd imagine theyre all cool at autograph tables

but some not so cool if u approach em when their eating at a restaraunt with their families

Not vitor, wasn't interested in fans! Phone Post
5/23/13 5:01 AM
benkordus
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not direct experience, but I had a visual of Hughes at UFC on Fox 6. -I believe it was after he just got appointed to his new role with the UFC's code of conduct thingy. Anyways, after every fight, he walked around to the nearest aisles and got mobbed by 35+ people asking for autographs and pictures. He stayed until he was dragged away or the next fight was starting.
Also, saw Jon Jones at the same event prior to taking my seat. He was near a concession area. He was talking to some event guy w/ his manager. He had his backed turned to the crowd, and had a hoodie up, etc. -trying to hide. But I knew who his manager was, and figured it had to be Jones with him. I walk up and say, "Nice try Jon, I see you hiding." He laughed, we shook hands and I walked away. -Walking away I was kind of star-struck, and in my mind I was all, "I just met one of the best fighters on the planet...whoa."
5/23/13 5:50 AM
Zapruder
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/23/13 5:56 AM
I met Randy in Vegas when I fought on the same card as his son. He actually approached me mewand started chatting me up, introduced himself and everything which I laughed at and ask what was that again?!

Edited to just include me
5/23/13 6:06 AM
SN moved to conspiracy ground
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i met most of the ufc on fuel 7 fighters at the bar after the fights. literally everyone i met was cool, even the emotionless gunnar nelson cracked a smile for a photo. buffer, andy ogle and matt riddle were the best though as they talked to us for a while.

i've never actually met them but i've e-mailed a tonne of fighters asking if they could send my 20 yr old friend who's fighting cancer for the second time autographs all the way to ireland. bas, edgar and gsp have all sent one but when wandy sent his he included a long handwritten letter saying how people like my mate inspire him and what not. wandy's a true gentleman. Phone Post 3.0
5/23/13 6:15 AM
SN moved to conspiracy ground
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

oh and for the record i met cub too after he beat dustin and he was cool. Phone Post 3.0
5/23/13 6:23 AM
The Swinging Richard
417 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
5/23/13 7:18 AM
chingluksuwa
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Worst I've seen wasn't actually that bad, but...

At a UFC in London. Whenever Rampage came near the stands he had loads of fans calling him over - he was SUPER popular. He would eventually do a few photos/autographs for a minute or two which was cool of course.

But then he would stop with the fans and seemed to sort of mess with them... He'd stand just out of reach of them all for +5 minutes or more joking with Officials/Fertita/Management/whoever/etc, clearly not talking about anything important at all and completely ignoring all the fans while they were all calling for him. Then he would just wander off still ignoring everyone - the fans literally meant nothing to him. I saw him do it 3 times.

Like I said it was nothing huge but it was obvious he didn't give a shit about the fans. Great way to stroke your own ego though... If you're an insecure cunt.
5/23/13 8:46 AM
WarAJS
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/23/13 8:47 AM
at UFC 159 I met Gillbert Smith, Joe Lauzon, Costa Phillpou,saw Ronda who is stunning in person lol, saw mighty mouse who is sooooo small lol Met Akira took a pic and talked to him he was cool. I got to meet one of my favorite fighters in Frankie Edgar lol There was a huge line to meet frankie so I was bummed out cuz I got to the expo an hour and a half after it started. So im just standing on this guard rail to the right of frankie and im talking to Akira and frankie comes over and dabs Akira up and gives me a head nod then goes back to signing autographs and taking pics for the people who waited, then he came over again and shook my hand and I asked him for a picture and he took one with me (Akira was the camera man lol) and chatted with me for about 3 minutes holding up the 3 hour long line of people who waited to see him lol. Then I talked to showtime pettis and he was cool as hell too, took a picture with me and talked to me for like 8 mintues about my wrestling and me getting into MMA, then shook my hand and gave me a bro hug lol
5/23/13 10:11 AM
Ryan Williams
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WarAJS - at UFC 159 I met Gillbert Smith, Joe Lauzon, Costa Phillpou,saw Ronda who is stunning in person lol, saw mighty mouse who is sooooo small lol Met Akira took a pic and talked to him he was cool. I got to meet one of my favorite fighters in Frankie Edgar lol There was a huge line to meet frankie so I was bummed out cuz I got to the expo an hour and a half after it started. So im just standing on this guard rail to the right of frankie and im talking to Akira and frankie comes over and dabs Akira up and gives me a head nod then goes back to signing autographs and taking pics for the people who waited, then he came over again and shook my hand and I asked him for a picture and he took one with me (Akira was the camera man lol) and chatted with me for about 3 minutes holding up the 3 hour long line of people who waited to see him lol. Then I talked to showtime pettis and he was cool as hell too, took a picture with me and talked to me for like 8 mintues about my wrestling and me getting into MMA, then shook my hand and gave me a bro hug lol
I trained with and taught BJJ to Pettis for years. Really nice dude I also used to teach for him at his school and he was cool in that capacity as well. Phone Post 3.0
5/23/13 10:17 AM
cantuna4u
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I saw Swick once with to bar skanks (btw: god bless bar skanks)
on his arm. I said "Hey Mike", and he looked back at me and gave me a look as if to say "what are you still doing here? I thought i told you to go fu*k your mother?". I was bummed for like 2 hrs. Phone Post
5/23/13 10:23 AM
Dirty Harold
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Met Condit before UFC 130, dick, couldnt be bothered in the slightest
5/23/13 10:23 AM
Dirty Harold
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

On another note, met Josh Rosenthal day of the fights in the MGM, cool as fuck, spoke to me an my friend for a solid 10 minutes. All the best Josh if you read this!
5/23/13 10:32 AM
TripleBlue Kung-Fu Tiger
703 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Met stephan bonner in London.. Man what an awesome guy.. He talked with me for 10 minutes and took 5 pictures with me and gave me he autograph on one of his tshirts.. I have also met thaigo alpes, he's a really cool guy too..

Met randy couture once, and was not that friendly, but he probably had a bad day.. And he's not 6.1.. I'm 5.10 and I was as tall as him.. Phone Post
5/23/13 10:33 AM
Master Sniff
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A positive story. I'm a huge Jeremy Horn fan and was asked to go trane some BJJ at his gym. No big deal, thought maybe I'd get the opportunity to shake his hand. We show up and I start rolling with a few of his guys. They work on a non-stop five minute timer so I sat down at the completion of a roll. Everyone was grappling except Jeremy and I. Jeremy gives me this look like "Hey dumb ass", then I realize he is waiting to roll with me. He calls me over and we have an epic roll that consists of him drilling moves on me with out my knowledge or cooperation!! The dude was an absolute stud and a GOD on the mat. Forever a fan!
5/23/13 10:36 AM
TripleBlue Kung-Fu Tiger
703 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TripleBlue Kung-Fu Tiger - Met stephan bonner in London.. Man what an awesome guy.. He talked with me for 10 minutes and took 5 pictures with me and gave me he autograph on one of his tshirts.. I have also met thaigo alpes, he's a really cool guy too..

Met randy couture once, and was not that friendly, but he probably had a bad day.. And he's not 6.1.. I'm 5.10 and I was as tall as him.. Phone Post
Fucking autocorrect Phone Post
5/23/13 10:43 AM
Emazingmomo

My brother and I were a few minutes late to the weighins to the Ellenberger vs Sanchez card in Omaha (I got to see Diego's crusifix walk live the next day!). As we're rushing down the hall I see someone come out of the bathroom. It's Johnny Hendricks! This was right after he knocked out Jon Fitch. I stopped and shook his hand and he let me and my brother each get pictures with him. I don't think he said more than two words but he had a smile the whole time and was really cool to us.

A few seconds later we run into Kenny Florian. He was dismissive, didn't seem like he wanted to interact with me and practically ignored me. Really let down, I have been a giant Kenflo fan for yearsand I hear he has a great sense of humor.
5/23/13 10:49 AM
Rookie Fighter

I talked to Bigfoot silva yesterday for awhile at the mall and I gotta say, he's an incredibly nice guy and has giant not describable giant hands. Phone Post 3.0
5/23/13 11:00 AM
Dawggy
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've met a shitload of fighters and the only guy I couldn't stand was valentijn overeem. Asked politely for a pic and an autograph and he spewed "getting ready to talk with a friend. Can you just go away for a few minutes?" I saw him later that evening after he tapped sefo and he acted like he recognized me. I just mean mugged him and walked away. Fuck that guy. There's a difference between being in a rush and acting like a prick. It's not like many ppl recognized him. Lol Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.