UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Why I don't like lifting heavy

5/22/13 9:38 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Trane
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This has happened to me so many times through my life already I never learn and end up repeating the same cycle. Every time I try to get that lean muscular look I end up lifting heavier than I should which results in my appetite going through the roof. I end up eating like a horse which includes crazy carb binges. This defeats the purpose and my main goal in the first place, anyone else fall into this trap?

I know that everybody is different but the best success that I've had is to do mostly cardio like kickboxing or muay thai classes, combined with light weights and tons of core exercises involving abs. I can maintain my appetite this way and not have to eat like a bodybuilder, prepping 6 meals in advance everyday.

Is this the lazy man's solution to having a nice lean body?
5/22/13 9:44 PM
Chocolate Shatner
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You wanna know how I know you are gay?
5/22/13 10:53 PM
Shanle929

Yeah it just takes a little willpower to do it. Sugar has been my biggest obstacle and te longer I go without it the better. I even have to stay away from fruit because it makes me want other sugary stuff. Good luck man. Phone Post 3.0
5/23/13 10:45 AM
BrutalMedic
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have a solution.

1. Be a man.

I wrote it myself.
5/23/13 11:31 AM
Ninjaworm7555

Chocolate Shatner - You wanna know how I know you are gay?
Lol. It's like the line I've heard countless times: "I'm not trying to get bigger, just firm up." Spoken by weak dicks who can't lift. Phone Post 3.0
5/23/13 12:03 PM
The Adversary
391 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe get your body used to an intermittent fasting protocol while doing your old routine. Then switch it up to heavy lifting. You'll probably eat more than normal, but less than you are now, simply because it's harder to cram a days worth of food into a few hours.
5/23/13 12:26 PM
vermonter
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

First, FOR SHAME to brutal medic for stealing a joke without giving credit. Not cool bro.

Second, no this doesn't happen to me because my hunger is always the way you describe. This sounds like a food problem, not a lifting problem.
5/24/13 8:45 PM
Jacks Wasted Life
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I do notice that heavy lifting definitely spikes my appetite, but if you keep your meals clean it isn't much of an issue. If you eat everything that isn't nailed down then yeah, you're going to have problems.

The flip side is that heavy lifting is pretty much the only thing I get results from...most other kinds of lifting are a waste of time for me with very little noticeable results. Phone Post
5/26/13 2:56 PM
CMX
139 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Try carb backloading then, you will satisfy your after workout carb cravings and still stay lean
5/27/13 4:47 AM
Leigh
817 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What the fuck am I reading? Swap out your girly carb binges for steaks and other protein sources and carry on lifting heavy. Phone Post
5/29/13 7:23 PM
HERTSWENIP
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Leigh, you have a knack for condensing solid advice into a single sentence.
5/29/13 11:47 PM
sside maurice
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lifting doesn't make me crave carbs, but cardio sure does.
5/30/13 9:06 AM
BrutalMedic
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

vermonter - First, FOR SHAME to brutal medic for stealing a joke without giving credit. Not cool bro.

Second, no this doesn't happen to me because my hunger is always the way you describe. This sounds like a food problem, not a lifting problem.

I was hoping someone else would get the reference without being blatant!

5/30/13 9:32 AM
Leigh
817 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HERTSWENIP - Leigh, you have a knack for condensing solid advice into a single sentence.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.