UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Florian: JDS trading with Hunt 'too dangerous'

5/23/13 8:28 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Mark Hunt is one of the heavyweight division's most powerful punchers and although Junior Dos Santos is a revered striker in his own right, the best game plan might be to take Hunt to the mat to avoid his powerful striking game:

According to "UFC Tonight" analyst Kenny Florian, who suggests that dos Santos' coaches should advise him to take the fight to the ground and avoid trading punches with "Super Samoan."

"Ken-Flo" feels that's a "dangerous" game to play for the former 265-pound champ.

His words:

"Mark Hunt can knock anybody out. His leaping left hook is as deadly of a technique as we've seen in the UFC. We may very well see Junior dos Santos revert to an offensive ground game. If I'm Junior dos Santos' coach, I'd say take Mark Hunt down, and don't trade with him, that's going to be too dangerous."

read entire article...

5/23/13 8:37 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
AndrewBax
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's stupid, a straight punch beats a hook, and if he jumps forward with a left hook junior's straight right will connect first. Phone Post 3.0
5/23/13 8:41 AM
PeterIrl
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AndrewBax - That's stupid, a straight punch beats a hook, and if he jumps forward with a left hook junior's straight right will connect first. Phone Post 3.0

I know you're trolling, but...

It doesn't matter if JDS lands first, Hunts beard is just too good. He'll walk through Juniors best and put him to sleep.

Know anyone else that can eat a prime CC cemetary kick flush and walk through it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upwkcdvG40Y
5/23/13 8:52 AM
OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash

AndrewBax - That's stupid, a straight punch beats a hook, and if he jumps forward with a left hook junior's straight right will connect first. Phone Post 3.0
You silly fucken fuck Phone Post 3.0
5/23/13 8:52 AM
Big Pookie
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kenny has a point, however...

JDS's bread and butter is his boxing. If he resorts to a game plan he's not particularly strong at, he could set himself up for failure.

I think his best bet is to stick with what works and prove who the better striker is.

5/23/13 9:05 AM
Whambo
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How do you know JDS isn't strong on the ground? Hunt's ground game isn't strong, it is something I'm sure they're training for.
5/23/13 9:15 AM
Lazer MMA

PeterIrl - 
AndrewBax - That's stupid, a straight punch beats a hook, and if he jumps forward with a left hook junior's straight right will connect first. Phone Post 3.0

It doesn't matter if JDS lands first, Hunts beard is just too good. He'll walk through Juniors best and put him to sleep.

Know anyone else that can eat a prime CC cemetary kick flush and walk through it?

It may well matter. If it stays stand up and JDS shows good movement after landing. On the other hand lots of guys have connected with JDS. If Hunt does so and JDS moves straight TF backwards as with Cain, I'm looking for a KO right there.
5/23/13 9:15 AM
AndrewBax

OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash -
AndrewBax - That's stupid, a straight punch beats a hook, and if he jumps forward with a left hook junior's straight right will connect first. Phone Post 3.0
You silly fucken fuck Phone Post 3.0
Great comeback very classy, JDS very fast and throws really good straight punches. I know you love sucking hunts balls like its ur job but its just a fact, a straight punch beats a hook. Phone Post 3.0
5/23/13 9:19 AM
AndrewBax

PeterIrl -

Hunt can take any shot in the world and just walk threw it blah blah blah..,. He has been knocked out before. He is only human so not got a superpower to stop he getting knocked out again. JDS has really good power and if he lands a big shot I don't think hunt will just walk through it. Phone Post 3.0
5/23/13 9:21 AM
zebers3
540 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PeterIrl - 

While I don't agree with anything that guy said, let's not pretend that Hunt is unstoppable. He is an absolute animal and one of my fav fighters, but I wouldn't necessarily assume he could walk through JDS's best.

He did get stopped by a MW in 18 seconds. Manhoef is also a monster but I'd wager that JDS could probably hit harder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf9U0quIrB8
5/23/13 9:30 AM
PeterIrl
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

zebers3 - 
PeterIrl - 

While I don't agree with anything that guy said, let's not pretend that Hunt is unstoppable. He is an absolute animal and one of my fav fighters, but I wouldn't necessarily assume he could walk through JDS's best.

He did get stopped by a MW in 18 seconds. Manhoef is also a monster but I'd wager that JDS could probably hit harder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf9U0quIrB8

He has only been stopped by Schilt and LeBanner in K1 and by Manhouf in MMA.

His Kickboxing record is 30-13 and his mma record is 9-7

59 fights, three stoppage losses.

In MMA, one stoppage loss.

Manhouf is a beast but I reckon if they fought 10 times, Melvin would only have that 1win.

He has been hit by way bigger and better than Junior.

Don't get me wrong, JDS is a monster, but if he stands with Hunt, he will lose.
5/23/13 10:25 AM
BrckNoHitBk
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JDS will not lose 2 in a row
5/23/13 10:45 AM
Big Pookie
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Whambo - How do you know JDS isn't strong on the ground? Hunt's ground game isn't strong, it is something I'm sure they're training for.

How do you know that JDS is strong on the ground? We've never seen it. Training and fighting are two different things. Hunt however has shown a much improved ground game in his last few fights stuffing TDs from Rothwell and Turschestershire, as well as sitting in Struve's gaurd and not getting subbed.

Maybe JDS does have a solid ground game, but I'm pretty sure it's not as strong as his boxing.

5/23/13 10:47 AM
Big Pookie

Wow Whambo, you voted me down for that?
5/23/13 2:00 PM
wink91wink

Hunt has KO'd Struve and Kongo. Not to take anything away from him but those two seem to get KO'd by just about everyone. JDS is on a completely different level and can really win this fight any way he wants to.
5/23/13 2:07 PM
mestregruber
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hunt walked right into MAnhoef's punch, and also Manhoef (allegedly) loaded his gloves.
5/23/13 2:13 PM
bispingpokedmybrowneye
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im still not soldbon JDS being a transcendant fighter. A lot of heavyweights we thought would stick around fell off very fast. This fight goes a long way in how I see the rest of his career pan out.

And I have a Sean Connery level man crusg on Mark Hunt. Phone Post
5/23/13 2:35 PM
subwrassler
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who claims JDS is a transgender fighter?

please don't start these types of rumors..

i don't care if he trains at FFMMA
5/23/13 2:37 PM
Mike Morris
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yea you're right. I mean, there's no way that his hook could level JDS. Hunto has only koed a few dudes. It would be totally different if he'd been absolutely leveling every fucking top notch striker on the planet for the last 15 years, not to mention eating, and walking through the hardest hitters shots without even flinching. Phone Post
5/23/13 2:45 PM
AndrewBax

Mike Morris -
Yea you're right. I mean, there's no way that his hook could level JDS. Hunto has only koed a few dudes. It would be totally different if he'd been absolutely leveling every fucking top notch striker on the planet for the last 15 years, not to mention eating, and walking through the hardest hitters shots without even flinching. Phone Post
So you're saying that cause he did that in the past, that means that all his future fights he will walk through every ones hardest punches? Thats crazy, I would put all my money on that if hunt puts his hands down and let's JDS hit him then he won't just shrug it off and keep coming forward. Phone Post 3.0
5/23/13 2:50 PM
MEOWticket
422 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post
5/23/13 2:55 PM
IamPUBLICaboutMYloveFORrap

jds said expect it to go to the ground and im going to try to submit him. he said it ladt month that hell take it to the ground as much as he can Phone Post
5/23/13 3:01 PM
transamman

JDS by round 1 Kimura...probably under 2 minutes Phone Post 3.0
5/23/13 3:08 PM
bartatua
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If jds just shoots takedowns and these two don't get to trade it may end up being the most disappointing fight in the last several years
5/23/13 3:14 PM
Doem
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Big Pookie - 
Whambo - How do you know JDS isn't strong on the ground? Hunt's ground game isn't strong, it is something I'm sure they're training for.

How do you know that JDS is strong on the ground? We've never seen it. Training and fighting are two different things. Hunt however has shown a much improved ground game in his last few fights stuffing TDs from Rothwell and Turschestershire, as well as sitting in Struve's gaurd and not getting subbed.

Maybe JDS does have a solid ground game, but I'm pretty sure it's not as strong as his boxing.

This is true. Check out theufc profile on the two. Mark hunt has done more work on the grounds thanjJDS has

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.