UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rockhold responds to MMA tinfoil hat crew

5/23/13 9:46 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Some number of the sport's "fans" thought there was a conspiracy during the main event of UFC on FX 8, in which Luke Rockhold is believed to have nodded discretely, setting up the kick from Vitor Belfort.

It is probable that the conspiracy theorists reached the conclusion due to a misreading of the poor broadcast quality that results from streaming video to your ham radio.

In all seriousness though, it is sad that fighters have to respond to fools and idiots; Luke Rockhold's sole tweets since the fight were congratulations to Belfort, and a response to the maroons.

Luke Rockhold ‏@LukeRockhold
•Well that couldn't have gone much worse. Congratulations @VitorBelfort amazing kick! I'll be back real soon.
•Hearing some talk about my fight with Belfort being a fix. No amount of money would make me even consider taking a fall. I got caught I lost

The clowns also muttered that Chris Camozzi went out suspiciously fast from Jacare's arm triangle.

The most satisfactory solution in the latter case, rather than a refuting tweet by Camozzi, might be to have a representative of the conspiracy minded test how long it takes to go out when locked in a Jacare choke.

What is your solution to Internet idiots? Ignore? Vote Down? Delete the UG??!?

5/23/13 9:55 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
FunkMasterJoe
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Trolls. Can anyone seriously believe that a fix was in? Ridiculous. Phone Post 3.0
5/23/13 9:59 AM
MMAOutsider
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great thread

(sarcasm)
5/23/13 10:46 AM
Luke Silentlurker
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is ridiculous. Next someone is claiming Bob Sapp is throwing fights!
5/23/13 10:56 AM
zebers3
526 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Someone should tell Luke there are much less painful ways to take a dive than a spinning heel kick to the dome. There is the Bob Sapp approach where you curl up in a ball and take a few punches, or simply fall down from some unknown injury.
5/23/13 11:02 AM
whoabro

Man it sucks that luke had to listen to that bullshit after what was already a tough loss. Props to him for being so gracious Phone Post 3.0
5/23/13 11:03 AM
MMAOutsider
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

goofyasiankid - 
w9 - You banned me last Sunday for ORIGINALLY posting this 'story'.

Double standards.
What do you expect? This site has the journalistic integrity of The Onion. Anyone else notice that they misspelled "embarrassing" in the article about Dana White earlier? Irony, no? Phone Post 3.0

That's not nice. The Onion has proofreaders.
5/23/13 11:10 AM
HexRei

MMAOutsider - 
goofyasiankid - 
w9 - You banned me last Sunday for ORIGINALLY posting this 'story'.

Double standards.
What do you expect? This site has the journalistic integrity of The Onion. Anyone else notice that they misspelled "embarrassing" in the article about Dana White earlier? Irony, no? Phone Post 3.0

That's not nice. The Onion has proofreaders.

Yeah that's an insult to the Onion, frankly. They know they write parody, we know they write parody, they're upfront about it, there's no underhandedness or misrepresentation. They have plenty of integrity.
5/23/13 11:31 AM
da Vinci 81
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol, yeah because that finish would be everyone's first choice when throwing a fight.

"Hey luke, we want vitor to get a win here, you good with getting choked out?"
- "No thanks, I'll take a kick to the face and some vicious punches on the ground instead." Phone Post 3.0
5/23/13 11:47 AM
Suprjew

da Vinci 81 - Lol, yeah because that finish would be everyone's first choice when throwing a fight.

"Hey luke, we want vitor to get a win here, you good with getting choked out?"
- "No thanks, I'll take a kick to the face and some vicious punches on the ground instead." Phone Post 3.0
This Phone Post 3.0
5/23/13 11:51 AM
UGCTT_THE Kevin Chandler
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man, Mod's must have a hard time keepin' UG Blog in the green, I'm just sayin'.

5/23/13 11:54 AM
NomoRomophobia
210 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Clowns is correct. Phone Post 3.0
5/23/13 12:20 PM
Wicked smahtMF

horrible Gif skills here boys. the one part you are bringing everyones attention to aka immediately before the kick, is like 1/100th of the total gif duration. slow it down and zero in on the relevant section. please
5/23/13 12:32 PM
FunDeath4u

The nod makes sense! No way that kick hits anyone worth a damn! Anderson Silva would have laughed, stepped to the side checked his phone and than dropped him before he even got it off. Maybe Rockhold is just slow as hell? Maybe he took a dive. Either way I am getting sick of Vitor and his bible thumping TRT using bullshit.
5/23/13 12:40 PM
FunDeath4u

Who writes this crap? Why does questioning a fight promotions integrity make someone a moron or an idiot? Hundreds of people have taken falls and you think it can never happen again? If it looks like a dive and smells like a dive, it might be a dive. If people just accepted what the media fed to them then the government could get away with anything and the country would go right down the.... Oh.... wait... Too late.
5/23/13 2:13 PM
Aaron Becker

Edited: 05/23/13 2:13 PM
FunDeath4u - Who writes this crap? Why does questioning a fight promotions integrity make someone a moron or an idiot? Hundreds of people have taken falls and you think it can never happen again? If it looks like a dive and smells like a dive, it might be a dive. If people just accepted what the media fed to them then the government could get away with anything and the country would go right down the.... Oh.... wait... Too late.

that's cause they're calling you the idiot/moron. tin hat much?
5/23/13 2:13 PM
CaptChaos
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah there are much better ways to take a fall for sure.
Plus what's the incentive? Who benefits if Vitor wins the fight? It's not like a Super Fight between GSP and AS would go down the tubes. Silly theory imo!
5/23/13 2:15 PM
Aaron Becker

FunDeath4u - The nod makes sense! No way that kick hits anyone worth a damn! Anderson Silva would have laughed, stepped to the side checked his phone and than dropped him before he even got it off. Maybe Rockhold is just slow as hell? Maybe he took a dive. Either way I am getting sick of Vitor and his bible thumping TRT using bullshit.

someone can't accept Vitor won, and it's you
5/23/13 2:49 PM
Barbalos

FunDeath4u - The nod makes sense! No way that kick hits anyone worth a damn! Anderson Silva would have laughed, stepped to the side checked his phone and than dropped him before he even got it off. Maybe Rockhold is just slow as hell? Maybe he took a dive. Either way I am getting sick of Vitor and his bible thumping TRT using bullshit.

I'm getting sick of you teenage atheists who think they know fucking everything, and use their 'immense knowledge' to look down their nose at religious people. I'm not religious, at all, but this self righteous bullshit is just as bad as any religious people I hear from.
5/23/13 3:00 PM
kevsh
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/23/13 3:00 PM

Since 2007 Vitor is 9-2 with his only losses coming to Jones and Anderson. He's finished all but 1 of his opponents in that time.

Face it, Vitor is a beast, he doesn't need his fights to be fixed. He fixes them with his fists. Okay, that last part was incredibly lame.

5/23/13 3:08 PM
Flexo
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA Lives Here -
TheAxeMurderer84 - I would have to imagine at that level there is too much pride involved to ever throw a fight. Phone Post
What you did there

I see it Phone Post
I didn't...but then I did. Question is, did he? Phone Post 3.0
5/23/13 3:18 PM
noisebully

i find this thread derogatory for et disclosure enthusiasts.

5/23/13 7:46 PM
The Brool Story Company

how does UG Blog have 30 plus vote ups?

5/23/13 8:06 PM
Cotton
834 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have the documents! Phone Post
5/23/13 9:44 PM
PeaceThroughStrength

FunDeath4u - Who writes this crap? Why does questioning a fight promotions integrity make someone a moron or an idiot? Hundreds of people have taken falls and you think it can never happen again? If it looks like a dive and smells like a dive, it might be a dive. If people just accepted what the media fed to them then the government could get away with anything and the country would go right down the.... Oh.... wait... Too late.

Can you please give examples of the hundreds of fighters taking dives?Can you name any fighter taking a dive in the UFC?

Questioning the Government is good but that has nothing to do with Rockhold getting knocked out.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.