UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Couture:Cain can't afford to play around w/Bigfoot

5/24/13 5:21 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1069 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

UFC Hall of Famer Randy Couture thinks UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez is the dominant figure in the division, but says he has to be careful with the giant Antonio 'Bigfoot' Silva.

"I feel like Cain is the guy to beat," Couture told MMAjunkie.com. "Even in his loss to Junior the first time, I was very surprised it went that way, and expected it to go a lot more like their second fight."

However, Couture concedes that Silva could take the title if his bigfist lands on Cain's jaw.

"You can't afford to play around with guys that size," Couture said. "Trust me. I know."

"(Silva) has to come out, close the distance and get on Cain, especially if he can knock him down or take him down and get on top of him. Establish a good top game, which if Cain wants to get up, he's probably going to be able to do that, which would force Silva to do it again. He's going to have be able to do it over and over in each and every round."

"I just think that athletically, Cain is just too much for him. (Silva) is dangerous. He's big, he's strong, and he can hit hard, and if Cain gets caught up in that kind of fight and wants to trade with him, it could be a surprise. But I think Cain is smart. I think he's going to have a game plan and do the appropriate thing he needs to do: implement the striking he has, but use wrestling to win that fight."

Read entire article...

5/24/13 5:42 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap
334 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cain is way too smart to toy with Bigfoot. Phone Post 3.0
5/24/13 6:08 PM
danggook
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

why does everybody keep asking randy about fight analysis? lol he's terrible at it Phone Post
5/24/13 6:42 PM
Gilbert956
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pitbull3744 -
danggook - why does everybody keep asking randy about fight analysis? lol he's terrible at it Phone Post
THIS and who gives a fuck what he says anyway. Can I fighter bash since be is retired? Lol Phone Post 3.0
My exact thoughts Phone Post 3.0
5/24/13 7:13 PM
insomnia

Name an opponent Cain as ever "played around" with. He executes his gameplan against everyone.

(First JDS fight doesn't count, dude had an injury)
5/24/13 7:42 PM
56sav

Cain is going to shoot from the locker room
5/24/13 7:44 PM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did randy even watch the first fght?

This rematch is a joke.

5/24/13 7:57 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

danggook - why does everybody keep asking randy about fight analysis? lol he's terrible at it Phone Post
He's the CRE of pro fighter analysis. Phone Post 3.0
5/24/13 7:57 PM
Another Foob
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

danggook -  why does everybody keep asking randy about fight analysis? lol he's terrible at it Phone Post

Probably because he's a legend of the sport, who competed for 13 years, and a 5x champion across two divisions. I guess some people think that qualifies him to offer an analysis.

Of course, he has a fairly bad track record of predicting fight outcomes. But this time, I think he's saying what everybody else already thinks.
5/24/13 8:25 PM
MasterofMartialArts
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YouCantHandleMyRiddum -

This rematch is a joke.

Legit LOL at the gif Phone Post 3.0
5/24/13 11:23 PM
ABE FROMAN
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Poor Randy's legacy is shot now that he is on the outs with the UFC.

5/24/13 11:35 PM
MostLegit
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gilbert956 -
Pitbull3744 -
THIS and who gives a fuck what he says anyway. Can I fighter bash since be is retired? Lol Phone Post 3.0
My exact thoughts Phone Post 3.0
He may be retired but he could still thrash you, so you may want to stick with the "don't say anything you wouldn't say to his face" rule that makes people respectable posters. Phone Post 3.0
5/24/13 11:39 PM
epic hero

ABE FROMAN - 

Poor Randy's legacy is shot now that he is on the outs with the UFC.

My thoughts exactly
5/25/13 12:04 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
543 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't see Cain playing around during a game of tic-tac-toe, much less an MMA fight. Phone Post
5/25/13 12:12 AM
Jumbo Reverse Shrimp
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/25/13 12:12 AM
I think that old guy lost his mouthpiece.
5/25/13 12:29 AM
MMALOGIC

even in a kick boxing match cain would kick the shit out of big foot.
5/25/13 1:32 AM
ShaqNoob
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YouCantHandleMyRiddum -

This rematch is a joke.

hahah sub for gif Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.