UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Hunt wants title shot with a win

5/24/13 6:34 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Earlier this month UFC President Dana Whtie said that should Junior Dos Santo defeat Mark Hunt at UFC 160, he would receive the next shot at the UFC heavyweight title. Mark Hunt was not mentioned by White, however Hunt feels as though he also deserves a title fight with a win this weekend:

"This is the biggest fight for me, but it's just another fight at the end of the day," Hunt said. "Of course, this is the moment for me. And of course, we talk about acclimatizing. But I'm not going to use it as an excuse if I lose. I'm not going to use any excuse. I'm not that kind of fighter or person."

Hunt knows one thing for sure – if he wins on Saturday, there's no reason he shouldn't be next in line for the title.

"I feel if I beat JDS this weekend, I should get the shot," Hunt said. "But whatever happens, happens. ... I'm always the underdog for every fight, and I probably always will be."

read entire article...

5/24/13 6:44 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MEOWticket
378 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EVERY HUNTO THREAD. Phone Post
5/24/13 7:32 PM
JonnyW
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't wait for that fight tomorrow. Hunt is going to shock the world!
5/24/13 8:03 PM
Jack Skellington
794 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

not yet

like to see him fight Cormier first

5/24/13 8:38 PM
PeaceThroughStrength
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Hunt beating JDS warrants a tittle shot.
Hopefully he will win and i get to see that happen.
5/24/13 8:43 PM
CaptainBurma
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cheering for a Hunto KO, & he should get the title shot with a W. Getting tired of the Dos Santos, Cain, Bigfoot roulette...
5/25/13 9:46 AM
Father Uncle Juju
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jack Skellington - 

not yet

like to see him fight Cormier first

Yeah, I'd love to see that as well.  But at the same time, I think I'd like to see Cormier drop to light heavyweight.  Jones has, in my opinion, a serious lack of legitimate challenges, while the heavyweight division has some contenders with real claims to a title fight.  Sure, we could have a perpetual tournament in which Cormier, Hunt, Werdum, Dos Santos, and Overeem all beat each other back down the totem pole, but what you end up with is a terrible MMAth algorithm that turns the entire top ten into a system of gatekeepers, with nobody being perceived as deserving of a title shot.  It becomes the LHW division. And you know what happens next...

"CAIN VELASQUEZ, I AM CALLING YOU OUT!"    - Chael Sonnen, 2014

I, for one, am not looking forward to that day.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.