UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Roop: I'm under appreciated

5/24/13 11:59 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1295 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"I feel I'm a little bit under-appreciated sometimes," he said. "And not just under-appreciated; I don't get the respect that I deserve.

"Respect shouldn't just be given to you. You should go out and earn it, and on Saturday night, I'm going to earn my respect. I'm going to open up a lot of eyes and show that I belong in the top 10 of the bantamweight division."

It's not an all-or-nothing goal. Roop said he could easily go back to the working world as a pharmacy tech, and his wife makes a handsome living in the pharmaceutical industry. He's also been a meticulous saver, putting away money earned from his fight purses instead of splurging. He said he'd be fine if UFC matchmakers told him to hang up his gloves. But he still feels he has years left to accomplish more.

"I've been very inconsistent under the Zuffa banner," he said. "I'd like to earn some consistent wins."

read entire article...

5/25/13 12:58 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
brahmabull81
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Its probably because hes the epitome of "fight someone your own size" in this fight game. And now hes made himself even skinnier to pick on even smaller guys at BW.

Hes gonna have to wreck everyone there to gain the respect he probably feels he deserves.
5/25/13 4:52 AM
yellow wrkahlc
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This thread is under appreciated. Phone Post 3.0
5/25/13 7:15 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
869 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT for Roop Phone Post 3.0
5/25/13 7:21 PM
CHiLLEN
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haha. Great celebration. Well done Roop, hopefully you can get that respect you're after. Respect.
5/25/13 7:23 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
402 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FrateCart - what is his walk around weight?
340-360. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.