UnderGround Forums

Cigars, Beer & Poker Ground >> good starter cigar?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

5/25/13 10:40 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
WRESTLENOW
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i have never consistently smoked in my life because cigarette smoke smells disgusting to me but there is something different about the smell of a cigar has made me interested.
5/25/13 10:41 PM
WRESTLENOW

thought about buying a sampler pack but want some insight before i buy.
5/26/13 5:22 PM
joesonshuevos
267 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Macanudo-Dominican and very mild

Padron-Nicaraguan and medium

Camacho Triple Maduro-Honduran and full-bodied.

---------------------

Try any and or all of those and report back.

7/27/13 11:55 PM
HaMMerHouseFAN
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Any places where you an get them online at a decent price?

7/31/13 12:40 PM
maui
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuente 858 would be my suggestion
8/3/13 10:00 AM
Carmack
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My Father Le Bijou, lots of flavor.

famous-smoke.com has decent prices and a lot of selection.
9/12/13 11:03 PM
Stone Free

Punch corona is a good cigar for a beginner IMO.
4/2/14 9:04 PM
dinobro
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rckr24 - 

Start with anything that is light to medium. Go to your local Cigar Lounge/shop and tell them you are interested in getting started but don't want just anything. Also tell them that you want to start with something mild. I have seen way too many first timers come in and, not knowing better, buy a full bodied cigar only to get up and leave because they are natious. Start with a mild one and work your way up from there.

Good advice. I preferred mostly Connecticut wrappers when I started out. CAO Black was one of the first cigars I was able to enjoy.

I would avoid buying dirt cheap no-name cigars, like those $20 bundles of 20 you see online and in catalogs.
4/4/14 9:36 AM
tjr069
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I started out smoking acid cigars and then bought sample packs and figured out what I liked. Everyone is a little different in what they like so try and figure out if you like connecticut, maduro, habano, etc. wrappers and work with cigars in those wrappers. After you feel like you got a good base work on trying some other cigars. I'm not a connecticut wrapper person myself, mainly maduro. Although my all time favorite at this point is Ashton ESG. If you have a cigar shop close you can always go in and talk to whoever is working, most times they are helpful. If not I usually buy from famous smoke or cigar international. Both have smartphone apps that provide daily deals.

5/7/14 8:46 AM
Dougie
1327 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just got back from Cuba.

You have to love it when they have whole stores that are basically a humidor and they have cute babes working in them.

5/9/14 2:44 PM
joesonshuevos
267 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome! VVtfu
5/15/14 8:50 PM
dinobro
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cue Daffy. Phone Post 3.0
7/5/14 3:07 AM
joxy

I only smoke weed...I am in heaven after smoking weed.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.