UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> GSP: Weidman will win, I'm 100% sure

5/26/13 8:32 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Anderson's BBC in my Goku
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"We had a good conversation," White said. "He 100 percent, absolutely, positively knows that Weidman is going to beat Anderson Silva. No doubt in his mind that the fight with [Silva] won't happen because Weidman is going to win. There's no 'what if' for him. He absolutely, positively knows [Weidman] is going to win that fight." Phone Post 3.0
5/26/13 8:34 AM
shaqitup
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he should put a couple of million on it

5/26/13 8:36 AM
Augustus Caesar
915 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/26/13 8:36 AM

Nothing is 100 percent in MMA, and I think that Dana White is exaggerating, GSP probably just said he is picking Weidman.

Also, where are these quotes from?

5/26/13 8:37 AM
Kostakio
434 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn. Phone Post 3.0
5/26/13 8:40 AM
Arecsa
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP is 100% scared. No shame in not wanting to fight Anderson, just say you don't want it and we'll move on and get Anderson/Jones instead.
5/26/13 8:40 AM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku

Augustus Caesar -

Nothing is 100 percent in MMA, and I think that Dana White is exaggerating, GSP probably just said he is picking Weidman.

Also, where are these quotes from?

That's what GSP said originally. That he thought Weidman would win.

....and then he trained with Weidman and said this.... Phone Post 3.0
5/26/13 8:43 AM
MMALOGIC

how convenient...
5/26/13 9:00 AM
Dazednconfused
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

George is praying Weidman wins. Phone Post 3.0
5/26/13 9:06 AM
Shoryuken Rw

Arecsa - GSP is 100% scared. No shame in not wanting to fight Anderson, just say you don't want it and we'll move on and get Anderson/Jones instead.
We won't get Anderson/Jones either because of the same reason. Phone Post 3.0
5/26/13 9:09 AM
eljamaiquino

Like he is 100% sure he would finish his next opponent ? Phone Post
5/26/13 9:10 AM
tetris
263 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Styles make fights and Weidman may have the style to do it.
5/26/13 9:10 AM
eljamaiquino

Shoryuken Rw -
Arecsa - GSP is 100% scared. No shame in not wanting to fight Anderson, just say you don't want it and we'll move on and get Anderson/Jones instead.
Both Anderson and Jones have said they dont want that fight, though it is possible. GSP wont come out and say it though... Phone Post
5/26/13 9:13 AM
6ULDV8
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP knows what's up.  Weidman's going to win.

5/26/13 9:56 AM
KneeToFaceKO

I Hunt Purple-Headed Yogurt Slingers -
MMA Lives Here -  Oh he scurred Phone Post

Yea, it's pretty obvious.

Hahaha perfect Phone Post
5/26/13 9:58 AM
Entreri

Look, Silva has befriended Jones.

And friends don't fight friends.
5/26/13 10:00 AM
12SixElbow
620 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Basically that is GSP's answer when asked about fighting Anderson.

What will he say when Anderson wins? Nothing, because he will have already signed to fight Hendricks. Unfortunatly we may never see GSP move up, he is even talking about moving down to LW.  

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/4/24/4259212/morning-report-georges-st-pierre-believes-drop-to-lightweight-easier

5/26/13 10:05 AM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
I don't need to see GSP vs. Silva anyway.
5/26/13 10:11 AM
horsemeat grew my head

All this, Weidman hasn't been tested blah blah blah. Look here, I'm telling you and I'd say GSP is pretty knowledgable, Weidman has the perfect style to beat Anderson. He's got better wrestling/jiu jitsu for mma than sonnen, and most importantly, HE ISN'T SCARED! Everyone that fights silva has defeated themselves before they get in the cage, they don't think they can win they're just happy for the opportunity. Weidman will finish what Chael should have the first time. Phone Post
5/26/13 10:12 AM
omlet de fromage

I'm pretty sure Anderson is not losing this fight. I don't see why people think Chris is Jesus Christ or something. Anderson's going to knock him on his ass. Phone Post
5/26/13 10:16 AM
Fade7
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

100% huh, well since Weidman is the underdog he should be betting his whole fortune on Weidman and should easily make tens of millions. If he doesn't he's an idiot, well since its a lock and all.
5/26/13 10:21 AM
12SixElbow
620 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

horsemeat grew my head -  All this, Weidman hasn't been tested blah blah blah. Look here, I'm telling you and I'd say GSP is pretty knowledgable, Weidman has the perfect style to beat Anderson. He's got better wrestling/jiu jitsu for mma than sonnen, and most importantly, HE ISN'T SCARED! Everyone that fights silva has defeated themselves before they get in the cage, they don't think they can win they're just happy for the opportunity. Weidman will finish what Chael should have the first time. Phone Post

has the perfect style to beat Anderson

They said that about Okami,

They said that about Henderson,

They said that about Sonnen,

They said that about Vitor,

etc...

Style is important, sure. Maybe you even see holes in Anderson's game. But get in there and do something about it. Weidman is a great talent, definitely. But his big win is over Mark Munoz.... a guy coming off a year layoff and serious surgery.... now Weidman is coming off surgery and a big layoff, and he is going to beat  Anderson Silva? It isn't likely.

5/26/13 10:22 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

eljamaiquino -
Shoryuken Rw -
Both Anderson and Jones have said they dont want that fight, though it is possible. GSP wont come out and say it though... Phone Post
The more recent comments from Silva Ed and Dana were that Anderson wants the fight. Are you just thinking of older quotes? Phone Post
5/26/13 10:54 AM
Pessimist_Pete

Perfect. After Silva loses, then GSP can fight Silva. Phone Post 3.0
5/26/13 11:37 AM
horsemeat grew my head

12SixElbow -
horsemeat grew my head -  All this, Weidman hasn't been tested blah blah blah. Look here, I'm telling you and I'd say GSP is pretty knowledgable, Weidman has the perfect style to beat Anderson. He's got better wrestling/jiu jitsu for mma than sonnen, and most importantly, HE ISN'T SCARED! Everyone that fights silva has defeated themselves before they get in the cage, they don't think they can win they're just happy for the opportunity. Weidman will finish what Chael should have the first time. Phone Post

has the perfect style to beat Anderson

They said that about Okami,

They said that about Henderson,

They said that about Sonnen,

They said that about Vitor,

etc...

Style is important, sure. Maybe you even see holes in Anderson's game. But get in there and do something about it. Weidman is a great talent, definitely. But his big win is over Mark Munoz.... a guy coming off a year layoff and serious surgery.... now Weidman is coming off surgery and a big layoff, and he is going to beat  Anderson Silva? It isn't likely.

I don't know who said that abt Okami and Vitor, style wise no. Phone Post
5/26/13 11:40 AM
Williambonney

Knowing how dana likes to BS and try to stir things up I wouldn't be surprised at all if GSP has never even mentioned this fight let alone picked a winner. It wouldn't be the first time dana just made up quotes from one of the top guys

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.