UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Bigfoot: Bout stopped early, several blows illegal

5/26/13 11:15 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Reffing mixed martial arts may be one of the hardest job in sports, but fighters still expect the people paid to make decisions inside the octagon to do it correctly in fairly. At UFC 160 Antonio Silva was rocked by a Velasquez right hand, who immediately followed it with some hard shots to the head of Silva. Silva was not out, but the ref deemed that he was not sucessfully defending himself and called the bout, a decision Silva disagrees with:

"I do agree the fight was stopped too early," Silva said in the event's post-fight press conference. "My way of thinking is that the same that applies to athletes who are penalized when they do something wrong or illegal, should also apply to referees when they do something wrong. They, too, should be penalized. 

"I don't want to say too much, I'd rather you each just watch the fight's playback," he continued. "It's clear watching it that I took several illegal blows to the back of my neck. The referee explained to me that the first illegal blow should be a warning that should be issued. The second should be penalized on points. In seeing the playback, you can see that I took several illegal blows to the back of my neck."

read entire article...

5/26/13 11:17 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MMAhaiku
241 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's right, though. Phone Post
5/26/13 11:18 AM
GarlicSauce
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Early stoppage was bullshit. Bigfoot is right.
5/26/13 11:21 AM
Winston Wolf
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what about the punch that knocked him down ? he was done after that
5/26/13 11:22 AM
eljamaiquino

I agree....
5/26/13 11:24 AM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

Big Foot got a big point. Phone Post 3.0
MainelyBJJ
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Winston Wolf - what about the punch that knocked him down ? he was done after that

Was he??  Or was it the next punch right to the back of his neck?  He def got rocked and sat down but how many times have we seen fighters come back from that?  Heck we saw it a few times last night?

UNREASONABLE EXPECTATIONS
319 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I saw one maybe two shots that were illegal.  If bigfoot turns his head while cain is throwing that shouldn't count as an illegal blow. Regardless it was still stopped early imo.

5/26/13 11:28 AM
DoomFarmer
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He did nothing but lie there.

Punches hit the back of his head because of how he turtled.

Sorry, buddy. Phone Post 3.0
5/26/13 11:31 AM
ConditJustGSPeedHisPants
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bwahahahahahahahaha Phone Post 3.0
Ice Cold Igors Right Hand

Didnt see it live, sounds like he covered up and that's why the blows were landing illegally?

Who Redford the fight? Phone Post 3.0
Ice Cold Igors Right Hand

-reffed; really with the auto correct iPod?! Phone Post 3.0
5/26/13 11:32 AM
ConditJustGSPeedHisPants
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wait he's not Brazilian is he? Phone Post 3.0
5/26/13 11:33 AM
GSPsShadyHandWraps
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wanted to see it go on longer. Not because i thought he could survive but for Cain to have a decisive win. Last time Bigfoot blamed the cut for his loss
alkysmurf
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Doom farmer is correct.

I think they could have let it go, bigfoot wasn't out he was working up, there were a couple illegal hits but bigfoot needed to do more for sure. Phone Post
Jaybrone
469 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I disagree laying in a turtled up position hoping the guy stops pounding your dome is not intelligently defending. I will get voted down but the stoppage was legit. If Bigfoot wanted to keep fighting he needed to try to change his position. He just stayed turtled up for a long enough period of time that Cain was able to land several bombs. Phone Post 3.0
5/26/13 11:36 AM
Forssberg

BS excuses. A fighter cannot exploit the rule to avoid the fight.
5/26/13 11:36 AM
Williambonney

Ref should absolutly be held accountable and there should be some kind of penalty or fine against them, this Ref F'd up and screwed over both Big Foot and Cain, Big Foot got screwed because of the early stoppage and illegal blows allowed and Cain was screwed because everyone knows Big Foot got robbed but if the Ref had done his job properly and NOT stopped the fight and even taken a point away for the illegal blows Cain would have ended up getting a legal proper win he would have been able to be proud of instead of this controversy he has to defend now
5/26/13 11:37 AM
epwar
582 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The elapsed time between Yamasaki saying "fight back" and him stopping the fight was only 3 seconds.  Stopped too early.  

5/26/13 11:37 AM
Chris27

Jaybrone - I disagree laying in a turtled up position hoping the guy stops pounding your dome is not intelligently defending. I will get voted down but the stoppage was legit. If Bigfoot wanted to keep fighting he needed to try to change his position. He just stayed turtled up for a long enough period of time that Cain was able to land several bombs. Phone Post 3.0

Not sure why you would get voted down for that thought, everything you said was 100 percent correct.

Ref could have let Cain pound on him a few more times but not sure it was needed. Big Foot wasnt flat, turtled up, not moving just allowing Cain to beat on him.

Could he have survived longer? yes, he wasnt out cold but the refs arent gonna let you sit there and take shots. YOu have to try and get up, turn over, change position, he didnt. Cain won, Cain was better, the stoppage was fine.
5/26/13 11:40 AM
MasterofMartialArts
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 -
Jaybrone - I disagree laying in a turtled up position hoping the guy stops pounding your dome is not intelligently defending. I will get voted down but the stoppage was legit. If Bigfoot wanted to keep fighting he needed to try to change his position. He just stayed turtled up for a long enough period of time that Cain was able to land several bombs. Phone Post 3.0

Not sure why you would get voted down for that thought, everything you said was 100 percent correct.

Ref could have let Cain pound on him a few more times but not sure it was needed. Big Foot wasnt flat, turtled up, not moving just allowing Cain to beat on him.

Could he have survived longer? yes, he wasnt out cold but the refs arent gonna let you sit there and take shots. YOu have to try and get up, turn over, change position, he didnt. Cain won, Cain was better, the stoppage was fine.
Agree with both. To me, turtling up/fetal position tells me that you are just giving up and hoping your opponent decides to stop throwing GNP. It's defending, but not intelligently defending. It's begging for the stoppage Phone Post 3.0
5/26/13 11:41 AM
Agnt

I looked at the gif and there was only one shot to the back of the head
5/26/13 11:42 AM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
837 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5/26/13 11:45 AM
epwar
582 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_FryedTakayama - 

The fact that Bigfoot is able to go "WTF?" immediately shows he was still in it.  Bad stoppage.

5/26/13 11:48 AM
Brigham
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Silva was screwed. Watch the fight again. If that fight went any longer, Silva might have not made it to the press conference Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.