UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> JDS laughing at Cain's power compared to Hunt's...

5/26/13 11:36 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
lurkingveteran
198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Interesting to see JDS's reaction at the UFC 160 post press conference to questions re Cains power from their last fight to taking Hunts punches earlier. It was literally comical laughter from him that any comparison could be made, as if Cains punches are literally nothing relatively.

Cain sitting there listening to this next to him didnt even flinch from his usual terminator demeanor but im sure inside would love to ram it down his throat with a ko in the trilogy fight.

To be fair to JDS, more a statement about Hunts huge power rather than Cains lack of it.

Always fascinating to hear a fighters genuine reaction and comments about how hard another fighter strikes apart from just studying obvious ko stats. Phone Post 3.0
5/26/13 11:50 AM
BeatonHauff
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well no shit that hunt has more power then Cain, but Cain also came closer to finishing him in the first, and outclassed him bad on the feet. Going by their last fight, the only way JDS beats Cain is by another fluke KO, or by using his incredible BJJ. Phone Post 3.0
5/26/13 11:56 AM
JOESONDO
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hunt obviously does hit harder. I'm sure Cain would even admit to that. That's obviously not Cain whole game so it's not a knock in him. Cain knocked down JDS but that was after going for takedown after takedown. JDS had his hands down trying to stop the takedown when he got caught. That's not something he had to worry about from Hunt. If Hunt caught JDS with the same punch Cain did, he would still be unconscious. Phone Post 3.0
5/26/13 12:02 PM
ANT_P1989
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BeatonHauff - Well no shit that hunt has more power then Cain, but Cain also came closer to finishing him in the first, and outclassed him bad on the feet. Going by their last fight, the only way JDS beats Cain is by another fluke KO, or by using his incredible BJJ. Phone Post 3.0
Fluke KO? Show JDS some respect, you talk like he's just some dude who isn't a big threat to Cain.

JDS can beat him just as Cain can do the same to JDS. They're above the rest of the competition, and with HWs, anything can happen. Phone Post
5/26/13 12:16 PM
Ice Cold Igors Right Hand
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BeatonHauff - Well no shit that hunt has more power then Cain, but Cain also came closer to finishing him in the first, and outclassed him bad on the feet. Going by their last fight, the only way JDS beats Cain is by another fluke KO, or by using his incredible BJJ. Phone Post 3.0
Lol did you really call JDS landing that overhand on Cain a fluke?

I like both guys about the same and that was no fluke. Phone Post 3.0
5/26/13 12:20 PM
dubate
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fluke KO? Was that shit a spinning backfist or a boran back elbow?
If a fighter throws a punch and it lands where it is aiming not sure what makes that a "fluke". Phone Post
5/26/13 12:22 PM
Ice Cold Igors Right Hand

dubate -
If a fighter throws a punch and it lands where it is aiming not sure what makes that a "fluke". Phone Post
If you watch it in slow mo you can see JDS sets it up by measuring with a left jab I'm pretty sure; he definitely knew what he was doing. Phone Post 3.0
5/26/13 12:23 PM
DoomFarmer

That first big shot Cain hit JDS with in the 2nd fight looked like it did more damage to JDS than anything Hunt landed last night. Phone Post 3.0
5/26/13 12:28 PM
BeatonHauff
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fluke KO wasn't right, I meant more of Cain coming off a long injury, and looking the a completely different fighter their first fight. If anyone in HW beats Cain it JDS, I just don't think he will, especially how soon the third fights going to be. Phone Post 3.0
5/26/13 12:31 PM
ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun

dubate - 

This is what I tried to tell people when I made a basketball shot from half court the other day, if my intention is to make the shot, how can it be a fluke?
5/26/13 12:36 PM
Bat21
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't wait for JDS vs. Cain III

5/26/13 12:39 PM
Entreri

Hunt hits like a train for sure.

With the right strategy, JDS can beat Cain again.
5/26/13 12:40 PM
PatrickVilone

JDS only has one weapon against Cain and thats one shot knockout with speed. But judging by the look of the second fight I don't think he stands much of a chance.. Sure he "overtrained" for Cain. But one can argue with documents that Cain was injured going into the first fight.

All excuses aside I think Cain is far more well rounded and on another level. Phone Post
5/26/13 12:41 PM
6ULDV8

Hunto is my hero.  He fought most of that fight with a broken toe and still tried to wreck shit, like a boss.

5/26/13 12:48 PM
gabemadrid
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6ULDV8 -

Hunto is my hero.  He fought most of that fight with a broken toe and still tried to wreck shit, like a boss.

Agreed Phone Post 3.0
5/26/13 12:49 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

I don't think JDS was laughing at Cains power. I think OP should wrote titles for the UG blog.

I'm doubtful he even meant any disrespect. Hunt just throws bungalows Phone Post
5/26/13 12:53 PM
UGSlapshot

JDS is just lucky, had the toe injury been less significant hunt would have won... Phone Post
5/26/13 12:58 PM
MMALOGIC

cain dropped JDS and almost finished him... whereas hunt barely made him flinch... so who do you think hits harder?
5/26/13 12:59 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

MMALOGIC - cain dropped JDS and almost finished him... whereas hunt barely made him flinch... so who do you think hits harder?
Yes because the only factor in being dropped by a punch is its power.... Phone Post
5/26/13 1:04 PM
diggity

ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun -
dubate - 

This is what I tried to tell people when I made a basketball shot from half court the other day, if my intention is to make the shot, how can it be a fluke?
God you're annoying. Phone Post 3.0
5/26/13 1:10 PM
orcus

Well, Cain knocked JDS down and Hunt couldn't, so whatever.

5/26/13 2:03 PM
Matt A Tat Tat On Dat Azz
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He was laughing in the fact of the matter was that Hunt's punching power doesn't compare close to Cain's punching power.
5/26/13 2:42 PM
Lynchman
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PatrickVilone -  JDS only has one weapon against Cain and thats one shot knockout with speed. But judging by the look of the second fight I don't think he stands much of a chance.. Sure he "overtrained" for Cain. But one can argue with documents that Cain was injured going into the first fight.

All excuses aside I think Cain is far more well rounded and on another level. Phone Post

AKA did a great PR job regarding Cain's injury. But JDS was also badly injured going into the first fight.

Both guys were in rough shape.
5/26/13 2:43 PM
DezzNutzz
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun -
dubate - 

Lol. Phone Post
5/26/13 2:46 PM
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So JDS answers a question truthfully and this is what happens. I imagine the same kind of answer if JDS was asked to compare Cain and Hunts wrestling ability!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.