UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> JDS: Spinning kick was 'amazing'

5/26/13 9:17 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1064 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

“He’s very dangerous in the stand-up, but I trusted my hands. I came there to knock him out. I believe I can knock out anyone,” Dos Santos stated, pointing to the spinning wheel kick he used to set up the stoppage as evidence. “I never felt very confident to do that before, but I trained for it in the gym. Today I felt way faster than him, so I tried it and was amazing. It wasn’t very well connected, so when he went down, I enjoyed it.”

5/26/13 9:38 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
CultureClubsNo1Fan
276 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd be scared to see that kick land flush.

5/26/13 10:32 PM
zebers3
408 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love when someone shows that these techniques can work in an MMA fight and then everyone starts using them.

Barboza takes out Etim, Vitor takes out Luke, and now JDS takes out Hunt.

It's the front kick to the face all over again.
5/27/13 7:59 AM
Trick or Truth
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CON-FUS-SAID!
5/27/13 8:06 AM
GarlicSauce
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Poor Junior. Being forced to be interviewed by this instigating tabloid "journalist" was much more painful than the fight.
5/27/13 8:16 AM
FortyKoatz

zebers3 - I love when someone shows that these techniques can work in an MMA fight and then everyone starts using them.

True that. I wonder what the next crazy technique will be?? Id love to see the spinning hook kick sweep.
5/27/13 10:44 AM
CaptainXanax
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FortyKoatz - 
zebers3 - I love when someone shows that these techniques can work in an MMA fight and then everyone starts using them.

True that. I wonder what the next crazy technique will be?? Id love to see the spinning hook kick sweep.

It will be tearing out chunks of flesh from the throat.
5/27/13 12:49 PM
GarlicSauce

duckhuntgangsta - 
GarlicSauce - Poor Junior. Being forced to be interviewed by this instigating tabloid "journalist" was much more painful than the fight.
Huh? What was wrong with the interview?

Ariel was doing this before MMA was cool and there money in it. He also asks good questions. Show some respect. Phone Post 3.0

You've never seen his underhanded crap? It's all he does.
5/27/13 1:01 PM
Coranamo

Storming into threads that aren't even about him and whining makes you a bitch.
5/27/13 1:05 PM
uberpinscher
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GarlicSauce -
duckhuntgangsta - 
GarlicSauce - Poor Junior. Being forced to be interviewed by this instigating tabloid "journalist" was much more painful than the fight.

Ariel was doing this before MMA was cool and there money in it. He also asks good questions. Show some respect. Phone Post 3.0

You've never seen his underhanded crap? It's all he does.
Get over yourself

War Dos Santos
War Helwani Phone Post 3.0
5/27/13 2:05 PM
BrattMamley
1016 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stfu Phone Post 3.0
5/27/13 2:18 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

duckhuntgangsta -

It doesn't matter what Ariel does the UG will have a problem with him. Remember this board celebrated and thought it was awesome when Dana was a jerk to him for asking a simple question about Diaz's no show Phone Post
5/27/13 2:19 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wonder how much of Junior's patience in this one was growth from the Nelson fight and how much was having to be more than tactical against Hunt Phone Post
5/27/13 3:27 PM
Soup Nazi
1143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

amazing indeed it was

5/27/13 3:42 PM
dermotfix
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5/27/13 4:45 PM
PatrickVilone

When I saw it live I was speechless. But after the replay I wasn't too amazed. Just being honest. I don't think the kick landed good at all. Surprised that even knocked Hunt down. But I think hunt was beyond gassed at that point.

Not taking anything away from Juniors amazing performance. But I was not impressed by the spinning calf kick. Phone Post
5/27/13 5:21 PM
ManWithTheIronFists
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

On the replay it showed that he hit him with the calf, but also the heel on the top of the forehead clipped him as well. Not sure how much that would contribute to hurting him as the forehead is probably the hardest part of the head. Still impressed to see a HW pull that kind of move off. Not sure why everyone is acting like it wasn't impressive even if it didn't land flush.
5/27/13 8:43 PM
SLUGSHOT_331
276 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ManWithTheIronFists - On the replay it showed that he hit him with the calf, but also the heel on the top of the forehead clipped him as well. Not sure how much that would contribute to hurting him as the forehead is probably the hardest part of the head. Still impressed to see a HW pull that kind of move off. Not sure why everyone is acting like it wasn't impressive even if it didn't land flush.
The fact that it was a heavyweight who threw it makes it more impressive IMO. Phone Post
5/27/13 9:50 PM
ausgepicht

HOLY SHIT!!! A FIGHTER THINKS HIS OWN KICK WAS AMAZING!?!?!?

HEADLINE NEWS!

5/27/13 10:33 PM
OuTkAsTTTTT69

PatrickVilone - When I saw it live I was speechless. But after the replay I wasn't too amazed. Just being honest. I don't think the kick landed good at all. Surprised that even knocked Hunt down. But I think hunt was beyond gassed at that point.

Not taking anything away from Juniors amazing performance. But I was not impressed by the spinning calf kick. Phone Post
This exactly. Phone Post
5/27/13 11:23 PM
LyotoBundy
310 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JDS knocks out Mark Hunt and people criticize the fact that he did it with a wheel kick which didn't land 100% flush. Good lord, UG perfectionists. It's Mark Hunt, who the fuck KO's Hunto? Nevermind the fact that a HW pre-dominant boxer did it. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.