UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> White: Trilogy 'makes all the sense in the world'

5/26/13 9:21 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
915 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

“Yes, it makes all the sense in the world,” UFC president Dana White told ESPN.com. “They are without a doubt the two best heavyweights in the world, and that fight needs to happen again. When you talk about trilogies, if there was ever a trilogy, this is a trilogy. The first fight, dos Santos knocks him out in the first minute or whatever. Cain comes back and completely destroys him in the second fight, and now we see what happens in the third.” 

Adding to the heat between the two are the countries they represent. A huge Mexican faction was in attendance at the MGM Grand on Saturday night to watch Velasquez do work, while chants of “Cigano” broke out from the Brazilian fans on hand during dos Santos’ fight. “Cigano” is dos Santos’ nickname, which means “gypsy" in Portuguese. 

“I’ve had some fights where we’ve done the third fight and people say, 'Alright, enough already,'” White said. “This fight, people won’t say that. People will be pumped for this fight. It’s a big Mexico-versus-Brazil rivalry and two big heavyweights who can bang, who can knock people out, who can go to the ground, and they both beat each other in devastating fashion in their first two fights.” 

read entire article...

5/26/13 9:25 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Carrtrouble
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I want it, soon. Beep. Phone Post
5/26/13 9:31 PM
KZTT_W85
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm all in Phone Post
5/26/13 9:36 PM
Ex0dus
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As an i Phone Post 3.0
5/26/13 9:36 PM
Ex0dus
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Am Phone Post 3.0
5/26/13 9:37 PM
JOESONDO
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is it wrong that I have a boner for this fight? Probably but who cares? Phone Post 3.0
5/26/13 9:38 PM
MMAFAN167
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Agreed Phone Post 3.0
5/26/13 9:40 PM
JOESONDO
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bellator Fan - Then what? Phone Post 3.0
You mean after my boner? I imagine a smoke. Phone Post 3.0
5/26/13 9:43 PM
voorhees

Heres the thing.

After this is over...

There is NO ONE who is gonna beat the winner.

5/26/13 9:48 PM
CultureClubsNo1Fan
256 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5/26/13 9:50 PM
Bipolar

No, it doesn't make all the sense in the world, and no, I'm not pumped to see it. Not yet. I would much prefer a couple other fights that we haven't seen yet. Let both fighters get a couple more wins at least, and let the anticipation for the inevitable 3rd fight build.

Also, unlike most everyone else, apparently, I don' see any reason to believe a 3rd fight would even be competitive. The 2nd fight made sense, since Cain simply got caught with a good shot the first time around. Nothing was really proven in that first fight. But the 2nd fight was a whole other story. Cain dominated every second of that fight for 5 rounds. The only reason for a rematch after that level of domination would be because there are no more worthy opponents left.
5/26/13 10:05 PM
voorhees

Bipolar - No, it doesn't make all the sense in the world, and no, I'm not pumped to see it. Not yet. I would much prefer a couple other fights that we haven't seen yet. Let both fighters get a couple more wins at least, and let the anticipation for the inevitable 3rd fight build.

Also, unlike most everyone else, apparently, I don' see any reason to believe a 3rd fight would even be competitive. The 2nd fight made sense, since Cain simply got caught with a good shot the first time around. Nothing was really proven in that first fight. But the 2nd fight was a whole other story. Cain dominated every second of that fight for 5 rounds. The only reason for a rematch after that level of domination would be because there are no more worthy opponents left.

i havent seen the 2nd fight,but didnt JDS get smashed w/a compatible shot very early that affected his performance for the rest of the fight,but still survived?
5/26/13 10:10 PM
SuperMann
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To many sudden rematches. I'm sure there are many tough heavyweights out there in the world. I hope they find them soon. Phone Post 3.0
5/26/13 11:04 PM
ElFeroz

I think Cain wins again. Maybe ruins JDS??? Phone Post
5/27/13 12:06 AM
jiujitsufigher7

The coach and training partner of Cain Velasquez, Daniel Cormier, said in an interview a week or two ago that Junior Dos Santos is the only heavyweight that can beat Cain. So yes, this fight makes all the sense in the world as Dana White pointed out. For the record I predict Junior Dos Santos wins the rematch, he will stop the takedowns this time, and dominate the stand up. Something he was unable to do in the second fight.
5/27/13 12:28 AM
RKing85
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's the next logical fight and I will watch it, but after the second fight I don't know how excited I am going to get for it.
5/27/13 12:40 AM
MrNiceguy66

It makes complete sense! Both won in convincing fashion. In the first fight, JDS was the slight underdog and won by KO. In the second fight Cain was the slight underdog and won every second of that fight. Not very many predicted winners of either fight correctly, and it's hard to say how the third fight will go. Can't wait for this! Phone Post 3.0
5/27/13 2:17 AM
SgtJustinTeplitz
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The fight makes sense...I'm all for it. Thanks Uncle Dana
5/27/13 2:27 AM
dannyapodaca
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck dana nut I want to see this fight again Phone Post
5/28/13 3:53 PM
Eatin Applesauce

i see these guys fighting past this rubber match,i dont see whats to complain about,we very well may be witnessing one of the greatest prize fighting rivalries,they could fight 5 or 6 times,and we will all be old men watching espn classic the dos santos-cain rivalry
5/28/13 4:24 PM
TheEssence
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would definitely lay some money on Cain in the rematch Phone Post
5/28/13 7:23 PM
ZOMG

Great matchup, but I still think JDS is back in there too fast. I understand rematches if there was some controversy in the prior fight, and if a guy works his way up again yes a rematch works. I just see Dana with dollar signs in his eyes here, whether it will sell well or not, he is doing it for the money bc it's really the only competitive fight for Cain ATM. IMO JDS, or any ex champ, should have at least two fights before they get a rematch, otherwise you burn up the slots too soon. Having two guys fight half a dozen times is too much, boring, I will not be interested past the rubber match. Problem is, it's happening too soon. Both guys are in their 20s, they really could fight 4 more times. I'm losing interest.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.