UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Henderson vs. Grant at UFC on FOX Sports 1?

5/27/13 6:04 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

T.J. Grant is on a five-fight win streak, as UFC president Dana White put it 'wrecking' his way through the lightweight division. Now he has a title shot, vs. reigning lightweight champ Benson Henderson. Grant and his fiancee just had a baby and are getting married in October. The Canadian wants to coordinate his professional personal lives - getting the title shot before the wedding.

White says the UFC will be accomodating, looking at put Grant on UFC on FOX Sports 1, at the TD Garden in Boston, Mass. on Aug. 17th.

"There’s four fights we’re looking at right now for that show. That’s one of them," White said.

Announced fights for the card to date include Alistar Overeem vs. Travis Browne, Joe Lauzon vs. Michael Johnson, and Thiago Alves vs. Matt Brown.

The fight launches the new sports channel, which goes live that day. The UFC will have a major presence on UFC on FOX Sports 1, which will be the home for "The Ultimate Fighter" and "UFC Tonight" plus of course live fights.

5/27/13 6:09 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
All My Holes Overflowing With Jones' CREam
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cool look forward to it
5/27/13 10:19 AM
roscoegrinders
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bendo must not sell a lot of PPV because all his fights are free lately. Idk why either, he seems nice enough and is brutal in the cage. I guess for some fans if its not a KO than the fight sucked.
5/27/13 10:19 AM
RKing85
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope TJ wins, but I have a feeling Ben will.

This is what, third straight Ben fight not on PPV? Geez, the UFC has NO faith in him as a PPV headliner.
5/27/13 10:23 AM
MartinLav
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

roscoegrinders - Bendo must not sell a lot of PPV because all his fights are free lately. Idk why either, he seems nice enough and is brutal in the cage. I guess for some fans if its not a KO than the fight sucked.

He said many times he'd rather fight on free TV then PPV.
I guess not many champions think that way, so they are using him to draw ;)
5/27/13 10:35 AM
Cheatachue
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looking forward to this fight but I hope it's not the fox sports 1 main. Bendo seems to always be the fox headliner. Phone Post 3.0
5/27/13 10:51 AM
Fabes
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GroundSkillz.com, Asst. Regional Mgr.
KingofBJJ - 

Meh.  I don't see him as a real threat to Bendo.  Grant hasn't fought and won a who's who of MMA.  Bendo has.  The only person of a name he has fought, Freddy Edgar, he lost to twice (okay one was a draw).

WUT

5/27/13 10:52 AM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
795 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cheatachue - Looking forward to this fight but I hope it's not the fox sports 1 main. Bendo seems to always be the fox headliner. Phone Post 3.0
Yeah I hope it's Cain/JDS III instead. Phone Post 3.0
5/27/13 10:55 AM
Zed Wayne Zed
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really want GRant to win, but I see yes ANOTHER Ben Hend UD.
5/27/13 11:29 AM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingofBJJ - 

Meh.  I don't see him as a real threat to Bendo.  Grant hasn't fought and won a who's who of MMA.  Bendo has.  The only person of a name he has fought, Freddy Edgar, he lost to twice (okay one was a draw).

So much derp, so little time.
5/27/13 11:34 AM
Mr Sizzzz
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Please Bendo do something with the hair. Constantly getting it out of his face last fight Phone Post 3.0
5/27/13 11:38 AM
Dogwalker86
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JDS-Velasquez 3 kinda makes sense. After all 1 was the headliner and only fight on UFC on Fox 1. However the ppv money that would be lost doesn't. Or if JDS is suspended how long will he have to wait. So as nice as it sounds, it will not happen. Bendo should get partial ownage of FOX after Aug 17th. Seeing how he's drawing in all those ratings. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.