UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> 'Brown Pride'. Let's Revisit. Is it Wrong?

5/27/13 5:53 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Strykr619
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Allucard - 
molsonman - 
likwid - White privilege is the reason you can't have a white pride tattoo without it being racist.

There is no such thing as reverse racism, because racism is a social/cultural construct. Racism is where there is an imbalance of power, and the culture of keeping that imbalance in our culture. There would have to be equality for white people and people of color.

Since white people are statistically over-represented in wealth, and people of color are disproportionally under-represented, people of color have never been in a position to enforce or maintain the culture of racism.

When black people talk shit about white people, that is actually being prejudiced, not racism.

Keep in mind, I am 3/4 Irish and 1/4 Mexican. I look white, I don't speak Spanish and I don't have a huge amount of friends who are people if color.

Not because I don't want to be friends, but because segregation still exists in our culture. Both white people and people of color contribute to this culture.

But since, white people have historically "had the power" in this social dynamic, it's hard for me to say they need the ability to have tattoos saying white power. That would just enforce everything I am saying.

Anyone taking offense to Cain's tattoo is contributing to the culture if racism. Phone Post 3.0
Only white people can be racist?

Wow! Phone Post

That depends on what you consider racism. You didn't get his post.

I understood his post perfectly and on its merits is simply ridiculous. Its just an excuse to be able to get away with behavior intended to belittle a group of people for "injustices" done by their ancestors.
5/27/13 5:57 PM
thatkidrichard91

Strykr619 - If your "white" you don't have the "cred" to answer this question since according to the pc/liberal crowd "your kind is the oppressor".

Being filipino/mexican I will tell you from my point of view. If your proud of culture then you know as a mexican its la raza or a filipino its pinoy pride.

Saying brown pride is showing two things, your ignorant and don't know your own culture or your a racist.

So that means if im proud to be mexican and proud of my people, my COLOR, the only acceptable phrase i can use is Viva La Raza? That's dumb
5/27/13 6:37 PM
Oontyex

thatkidrichard91 -
molsonman - 
thatkidrichard91 -
molsonman -  I take pride in things I have earned through hard work. I don't understand people having pride in things that were given to them through random chance Phone Post

So your saying mexicans haven't earned nothing through hard work?
So you are saying it takes a Mexican baby a lot of hard work to be born in Mexico?
Explain the training and skill that an unborn person goes through to be born in the country of their choice. Phone Post

Im not talking about mexican babies being born in mexico. You said you take pride in stuff you get fron hard work right? Cain takes pride in his race, his culture, his parents. Babies in mexico may not have to do a lot of hard work to be born in mexico like you say. But it takes a hell of a lot of hard work to make their way to america and get a low paying, high labor job that most americans dont wanna do in the first place, like cains dad does. Brown pride is saying your proud to be mexican. Not racist or anything. Brown is synonimus with mexicans the same way black is to african americans
Are you describing someone proud to be part of the culture in Mexico or someone proud to have gotten away from the culture in mexico? Phone Post 3.0
5/27/13 6:46 PM
MITman2k
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seems to get revisited for every UFC and every UFC he keeps it on his chest. At some point Id guess that any degree of outrage would turn to apathy, but not yet at least lol Phone Post
5/27/13 6:58 PM
AndersonSilvasMoney
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FFS... No one is voting you down for your opinion; they're voting you down for rehashing this topic that has been beaten to death. Phone Post
5/27/13 7:02 PM
pulsar

Only folks that belong to the majority really give a shit about this kind of stuff.

Personally, I totally understand minority groups using any method at their disposal to feel comfortable in the country they now call home.

5/27/13 7:07 PM
Authority Figure

Strykr619 - If your "white" you don't have the "cred" to answer this question since according to the pc/liberal crowd "your kind is the oppressor".

Being filipino/mexican I will tell you from my point of view. If your proud of culture then you know as a mexican its la raza or a filipino its pinoy pride.

Saying brown pride is showing two things, your ignorant and don't know your own culture or your a racist.

It's "you're ignorant" not "your ignorant". smh. Dipsticks. smh. lol
5/27/13 7:36 PM
DAVID H
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TopGrinder - Brown pride is a known prison gang. I know a couple dudes that roll with a brown pride tattoo.

Honestly who gives a fuck Cain sports that tattoo. Even if a white pride dude showed off his tats I have no prob with.

Too many pussies these day in this pc system Phone Post 3.0

Stop it, it is not a prison gang. There are a few wannabe gangs who call themselves brown pride or brown pride locos, that is it.
5/27/13 8:19 PM
HandsomeTopTeam
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This thread should be made after every Cain Velasquez fight. Obligatory.
5/27/13 9:02 PM
HandsomeTopTeam
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kostakio you of all people know better to make this worn out thread. You deserve a good freezing.
5/27/13 9:13 PM
danggook
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

'I'm not trying to stir the pot'

then proceeds to stir the pot.

jolly good show. Phone Post
5/27/13 9:14 PM
Haulport

fapout - 
Kostakio - I'm not trying to stir the pot or whatever, but let's just be honest here. I think that it's just as wrong for him to have it as it for a white person to have it. It's one thing to be proud of your culture and another thing to be proud of your race (wtf?), imho. Thoughts?

By the way, it doesn't really offend or even bother me that he has it. I actually really like him. I'm just saying that it's a bit silly and inappropriate. And definitely unfair. Phone Post 3.0

Brown Pride is used to show pride in ones heritage, white pride comes with a racist line of thought.

STFU

Why would anyone be proud of something they had nothing to do with?

I'm proud of my accomplishments not my skin color.

BTW: His tattoo is:

- Total bullshit

- Racist

- Childish

- Gang-like

5/27/13 9:15 PM
Haulport

And I love watching Cain fight btw and he seems like a regular, stand-up guy.

5/27/13 9:35 PM
TheBulgarianAssassin
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TiliShkodrani - "Brown pride is a slogan used by a group of people that have been treated like second class citizens"

You do know there's a Hispanic gang called "Brown Pride" right? Im sure they're just regular hard working Mexican Jose's proud of their heritage.

This.
5/27/13 9:37 PM
TheBulgarianAssassin
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

danggook -  'I'm not trying to stir the pot'

then proceeds to stir the pot.

jolly good show. Phone Post

Nick Diaz- "I'm not trying to make any excuses here but... (states long list of excuses)"
5/27/13 9:54 PM
Unseen
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Are these threads going to pop up every time Cain fights?

I mean what do you want him to do, get the tat removed? If so then make a "Petition To Have Cain Remove His Tattoo" thread and stop being a pussy about it.

Yeah it's a double standard so should all 20 somethings be held accountable for all the double standards on earth? Should every Ivy League Legacy turn down his/her college entrance because they hit points fir their parents attending? Should every white guy demand to be followed around a 7/11 in the name of fair treatment for minorities? Should every man demand a lower wage because we typically get paid more than women for the same job?

Give it a rest. Phone Post 3.0
5/28/13 12:02 AM
2JupitersTooMany
1750 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

First thing that came to mind when I read the thread title was, "Turn that brown upside down."

Then I realized brown backwards is nworb, or NWO, R and B, aka New World Order Rhythm and Blues, which is exactly how it turns out I feel about this. Phone Post 3.0
5/28/13 12:20 AM
Haulport

fapout - 
Haulport - 
fapout - 
Kostakio - I'm not trying to stir the pot or whatever, but let's just be honest here. I think that it's just as wrong for him to have it as it for a white person to have it. It's one thing to be proud of your culture and another thing to be proud of your race (wtf?), imho. Thoughts?

By the way, it doesn't really offend or even bother me that he has it. I actually really like him. I'm just saying that it's a bit silly and inappropriate. And definitely unfair. Phone Post 3.0

Brown Pride is used to show pride in ones heritage, white pride comes with a racist line of thought.

STFU

- Total bullshit

- Racist

- Childish

- Gang-like

Are you really that fuckking stupid?

I would hazard a guess that I am somewhere around 100 times smarter than you my fren. But if the only thing you can manage to dispel the arguments of others is to pretend you are smarter than them I wish you luck.......

I have been around plenty of people who are all about "brown pride" and it is PLENTY racist...........

5/28/13 12:36 AM
StretchPlum

Edited: 05/28/13 12:39 AM
Ethnicity has always been big in the fight game. Obviously, anyone who tattoos _____ Pride on themselves is not apt to also be on the verge of a major scientific breakthrough. But who cares? He's an entertainer.

He's obviously Caucasian anyway, like Dos Santos, regardless of national origin. But I wouldn't care if someone had White Pride written on them either, regardless of how they meant it.
5/28/13 12:39 AM
Haulport

fapout - 
likwid - 
Haulport -
fapout - 
Haulport - 
fapout - 

STFU

- Total bullshit

- Racist

- Childish

- Gang-like

Are you really that fuckking stupid?

I would hazard a guess that I am somewhere around 100 times smarter than you my fren. But if the only thing you can manage to dispel the arguments of others is to pretend you are smarter than them I wish you luck.......

I have been around plenty of people who are all about "brown pride" and it is PLENTY racist...........

It seems like you don't really understand racism. You might read a book about race theory. Or don't, I really don't care.

I have been respectful with my views, havent resorted to name calling or insults. and been voted down for it. I don't find the bigotry of anonymous people on the Internet particularly interesting anymore I guess. Phone Post 3.0

Haulport is not know for being an intelligent poster, hence the reply. He is good to laugh at, thats about it.

Yeah whatever dude.

And lol @ "race theory". The chains of the mind that have been created in the past 50 years in this country are just as strong as iron ones. The only goals the people who create these fallacies have is to make sure people can't talk about race, look to foster racism in anyone who does not have white skin/come from Europe, to make sure people intentionally exclude themselves from being around other "races"  (i.e. put themselves in ghettos without force) and to make people so scared and stupid that they will follow any moron who the elite have chosen as their "leader" for the moment.

We live in an age of DOGMA and all the sheeple are lining up to eat the slop.............

5/28/13 12:56 AM
WoodenPupa
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

StretchPlum - Ethnicity has always been big in the fight game. Obviously, anyone who tattoos _____ Pride on themselves is not apt to also be on the verge of a major scientific breakthrough. But who cares? He's an entertainer.

He's obviously Caucasian anyway, like Dos Santos, regardless of national origin. But I wouldn't care if someone had White Pride written on them either, regardless of how they meant it.

It's mostly best to judge though individual encounter, rather than extrapolation in advance. Obviously, if someone has, say, a verified scumbag history, I wouldn't trust him. But no label on a person's body can tell me where his head is at now. Labels can go lots of ways. They can confirm expectations or totally contradict them. I've met people who claimed to be racist but, upon talking with them, in fact *weren't*.

In general I dislike loud tattoos. I prefer to let my actions do the talking, and advertise who I am in that manner. Reputation is the best tattoo there is: invisible yet present.
5/28/13 1:02 AM
StretchPlum

Well said
5/28/13 1:07 AM
D241

Kostakio-

You are someone who I know is a great poster around here. 

#1-The vote up/down system matters for shit. I know that you care about vote ups, but you shouldn't.

#2-Vote ups don't determine how good a poster you are, your post do.

#3-You have proven yourself around here, so much that if you were frozen from vote downs, a simple message to a mod and you'd be unfrozen.

#4-Talking about your votes in anyway, means you care about them.

I used to take pride in having several hundred "vote ups". What happened, is I started to notice my votes, and instead of coming here to discuss mma, part of me would come here to discuss mma, only to have myself thinking, "what the fuck, I created 3 awesome threads for mma discussion, and I"m voted down".  Instead of thinking of ways to create topics of mma discussion, you're trying to figure out what you said or who you may have ticked off to vote you down.

Whoever I pissed off so bad to create a vote down hack for me, it was one of the best favors they could have done for me. I voted you down by 3 and I just wanted you to know, I only did it because it means nothing. I don't disagree with this thread, I don't dislike you.In fact,  You're one of the few members on here whose screen name I can remember. You've got great historical knowledge, you love to discuss mma, and if there's one person who has defended Fedor more than me, it's you.

So I vote you down by 3, because it means nothing, but I publically acknowledge how awesome of a member you on on here, because that does mean something.

5/28/13 1:13 AM
D241

Oh, and regarding this thread Kostakio-It doesn't bother me at all.

I don't think there is much controversay in the Brown Pride tattoo and I think that anyone who is upset by it, needs to address their feelings as to why it upsets them, and put that into perspective.

Now you may feel slightly different than me, and that's fine, especially since this isn't an issue I care about.

But truth be told, this is a place to discuss mma, and no way in hell should Kostakio be frozen. This is a VALID mma topic, regardless how I or the OP feel about it. It creates discussion, which is what this place is all about.

So, if you got frozen from vote downs, see #3 above.

ps-If Cain had a shitty attitude and was trying to come off all Cholo, like Mexican's have some sort of advantage over other races, I could have a problem with his tattoo. Luckily, Cain conducts himself like a gentleman and a professional, and has worked hard to be in the position he is in. Regardless of his race, I can respect anyone who is like that.

5/28/13 1:18 AM
StretchPlum

Plus Mexican is not a race in any respect. There are persons of every race there, just like in the U.S.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.