UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> 'Brown Pride'. Let's Revisit. Is it Wrong?

5/28/13 2:00 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Oontyex
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haulport -
fapout - 
Kostakio - I'm not trying to stir the pot or whatever, but let's just be honest here. I think that it's just as wrong for him to have it as it for a white person to have it. It's one thing to be proud of your culture and another thing to be proud of your race (wtf?), imho. Thoughts?

By the way, it doesn't really offend or even bother me that he has it. I actually really like him. I'm just saying that it's a bit silly and inappropriate. And definitely unfair. Phone Post 3.0

Brown Pride is used to show pride in ones heritage, white pride comes with a racist line of thought.

STFU

Why would anyone be proud of something they had nothing to do with?

I'm proud of my accomplishments not my skin color.

BTW: His tattoo is:

- Total bullshit

- Racist

- Childish

- Gang-like

Agree.
Pride is something that should be felt into response to accomplishments or effort. By contrast , race is the genetic lottery one is born into, it takes no special ability to be part of a race and implies no positive or negative attributes to the individual - and only racists with 1 dimensional personalities think otherwise.
Pride in culture makes only slightly more sense in that you're born into it by chance, but there is room to decide to leave it.
That said, again I don't understand the 'pride' to he had in a group, when it comes from being proud of your families' ability to leave the group. Phone Post 3.0
5/28/13 2:05 AM
D241

This whole thread is

5/28/13 2:33 AM
WoodenPupa
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy retarded commitment @ that tattoo. Suppose he had a change of heart one day, I wonder what he would do...surgeries wouldn't take them off I don't think. He'd have to get "I'm not a" tattooed above the word "Racist" and "I'm against this symbol" with an arrow pointing to the swastika.
5/28/13 3:28 AM
mofomike
190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Worst tattoo ever. Phone Post
5/28/13 3:31 AM
attjack

It's borderline. Phone Post
5/28/13 4:32 AM
Shanle929

molsonman - I take pride in things I have earned through hard work. I don't understand people having pride in things that were given to them through random chance Phone Post
I agree. Phone Post 3.0
5/28/13 7:57 AM
mofomike
190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kostakio - Wow. Minus 3 in less than 30 seconds. FYI, I'm at 526 right now. Phone Post 3.0

voted up.

5/28/13 8:51 AM
Lazer MMA

Edited: 05/28/13 8:54 AM

"Why would anyone be proud of something they had nothing to do with?

I'm proud of my accomplishments not my skin color.

BTW: His tattoo is:

- Total bullshit

- Gang-like"

This (some items deleted), and worse as the crime of murder and other crimes done by the gang are seemingly being supported as well. I have faith (some) that Cain did not mean it in this way, only to show he's proud to be Mexican; however, it is what it is, a bad choice.

TTT for it's removal
5/28/13 9:39 AM
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

american pride,we would all be better off

5/28/13 12:32 PM
the venerable dr wu
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How long did that fella in the ultimate fighter last with white pride tattooed over him? Phone Post 3.0
5/28/13 12:39 PM
Anderson P. Sonnen
680 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"ps-If Cain had a shitty attitude and was trying to come off all Cholo, like Mexican's have some sort of advantage over other races, I could have a problem with his tattoo. Luckily, Cain conducts himself like a gentleman and a professional, and has worked hard to be in the position he is in. Regardless of his race, I can respect anyone who is like that."

Very well said D Phone Post
5/28/13 1:02 PM
TheDarthKnight

stupid since race doesn't exist
5/28/13 1:44 PM
Leck Brosnar

Cain should really remove the tattoo and replace it with the Lesnar dicksword
5/28/13 1:46 PM
TheBulgarianAssassin
192 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheDarthKnight - stupid since race doesn't exist

Oh really? So blacks and asians have equal c0ck sizes?
5/28/13 2:03 PM
TheDarthKnight

TheBulgarianAssassin - 
TheDarthKnight - stupid since race doesn't exist

Oh really? So blacks and asians have equal c0ck sizes?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=why+does+race+not+exist

science
5/28/13 2:03 PM
MRG1
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looking through posts, people need to stop confusing the the two terms Power and Pride.

White Power= hate roots
White Pride= not.
When did it not become ok to be proud of being white?
Power would be for supremacy, Black Panthers used the term black power because they wanted supremacy.
Nazis used the term white power and wanted supremacy. ..getting it now?
Pride is just what it says, being proud. Phone Post
5/28/13 2:13 PM
PoundforPound
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/28/13 2:15 PM
Haulport - Why would anyone be proud of something they had nothing to do with?

In case you don't know, non-white groups throughout this country's history have been made to feel inferior for something they had nothing to do with...their skin color.

Cain's tattoo is a statement that he is not ashamed of how he was born and in fact takes it as a source of pride. That's a very healthy attitude to take given the history of race relations in this country.

Nothing wrong with it at all IMO.

Now, if he were advocating segregation or prejudice that would be something different. I would be the first to call him out on it. But he's not.
5/28/13 2:13 PM
Fade7
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just get the tatoo of "white pride" or "brown pride" or what else ever pride in Chinese or Japanese characters, that way you won't get the attention but you'll look trendy while doing it.
5/28/13 2:39 PM
ABE FROMAN
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MRG1 -  Looking through posts, people need to stop confusing the the two terms Power and Pride.

White Power= hate roots
White Pride= not.
When did it not become ok to be proud of being white?
Power would be for supremacy, Black Panthers used the term black power because they wanted supremacy.
Nazis used the term white power and wanted supremacy. ..getting it now?
Pride is just what it says, being proud. Phone Post

Incorrect.

Black Panthers were not the black version of the KKK, they were an organization that pushed for equal rights and protection under the law. 'Black Power' in the 60's was about black empowerment since government laws existed to keep minorities from being on equal footing with everyone else. 

The 2000's version of the Black Panthers is about supremacy, which is why all 5 of them were disavowed by anybody who had anything to do with the 60's version.

White power has always been about supremacy since Jim Crow has never existed for anyone else in America.

5/28/13 3:06 PM
Emazingmomo

White people make my heart hurt.

How about this: He's an adult who made a decision to get a tattoo that represented a pride he felt in his ethnicity that validates his experience as that minority and he doesn't have to explain or defend himself against any of you.

tl;dr - It makes sense to him and most of us brown people, you don't have to understand it.

THE WHOLE WORLD DOESN'T HAVE TO OPERATE TO YOUR UNDERSTANDING, VANILLA FACE.

It is not the duty of brown people to protect your gentle white feelings. So cry me the whitest of tears. After hundreds of years of institutional and interpersonal discrimination and losing 1/3 of your country to Americans because they didn't want to give up their slaves, all you can focus on is someone's tattoo?

Grow up.

*Mic drop

*Carried off by eagle
5/28/13 3:09 PM
D241

Oh shit, he just called you VANILLA FACE

5/28/13 3:17 PM
ShowtimeWreckedMyLeever

TiliShkodrani - If he had Mexican Pride tattood, that would be fine, he's proud of the country of his origins, nothing wrong with that.

But Brown Pride is completely different. You're insulting every other race.

Does he include ALL brown people, or just Latinos? Do Arabs, Native Americans, etc. count in his Brown pride?
I agree with this

Brown pride is clearly talking about skin color not nationality. Phone Post 3.0
5/28/13 3:25 PM
xtrordinaire

I'm a Mexican American and ill explain why it's different than white pride ...

There r people in our race that are not proud of where they came from they deny even being Mexican , now I don't know if there r white people that r like that but his tattoo or the term brown pride is just saying he's Mexican and proud of where he comes from he's not ashamed to b brown.. Phone Post 3.0
5/28/13 3:26 PM
PoundforPound
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/28/13 3:27 PM
Yeah, Brown Pride just means that he is not ashamed of his skin color.

In no way is he saying that he is superior or that other skin colors are inferior. So it's fine.
5/28/13 3:26 PM
Anderson P. Sonnen
680 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Emazingmomo - White people make my heart hurt.

How about this: He's an adult who made a decision to get a tattoo that represented a pride he felt in his ethnicity that validates his experience as that minority and he doesn't have to explain or defend himself against any of you.

tl;dr - It makes sense to him and most of us brown people, you don't have to understand it.

THE WHOLE WORLD DOESN'T HAVE TO OPERATE TO YOUR UNDERSTANDING, VANILLA FACE.

It is not the duty of brown people to protect your gentle white feelings. So cry me the whitest of tears. After hundreds of years of institutional and interpersonal discrimination and losing 1/3 of your country to Americans because they didn't want to give up their slaves, all you can focus on is someone's tattoo?

Grow up.

*Mic drop

*Carried off by eagle

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.