UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> 'Brown Pride'. Let's Revisit. Is it Wrong?

5/28/13 3:27 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Thacommish
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lot of people in this thread are proud to steal george carlins material and not give any credit to the man
5/28/13 4:27 PM
56sav
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's only racist to have a white pride tattoo. Any other race that wants to do it is ok.
BTW I find it kinda funny that Cain can't even speak a word of Spanish. That tat will also more than likely stop him from ever getting a major sponsor. Wonder if it was really worth it.
5/28/13 4:36 PM
PoundforPound
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/28/13 4:37 PM
Cain has plenty of sponsors. Affliction, Lugz, MetroPCS, MicroTech etc.

Nice try though.
5/28/13 5:07 PM
JerodR
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Treading on this ice but here is my two cents...

On one hand I look at "Brown Pride" and think there is no way anyone else could get away with it and put something like "White Pride" on them. That person would be called a racist in a heartbeat. So along those lines of thinking "Brown Pride" should be a problem as well...

However, there hasn't been any real strong history (that I am aware of so please correct me if I am wrong) of any real racist things involving "Brown Pride", unlike "White Pride". So basically until someone screws it up for everyone else the "Brown Pride" saying should be fine. It is very clear that "White Pride", swastika symbols, and other things along those lines have been screwed up for anything that comes along afterwards. The symbols themselves were not from bad origins, however do to history they will forever have bad associations with them. It is what it is... Until something horrible happens with "Brown Pride" they are in the clear.

Personally I would believe that Mexican Pride would have been a much better choice. Honestly, I am a white male and am a bit jealous of other cultures. I look at others such as Mexican American's, or Samoans, for example and see how proud of their heritage they are and how close their family usually is and I think it is sad that I am not able to have something like that. Unfortunately as a white male I am not allowed to be proud of my heritage, nor do I really know what to be proud of to be honest. I can't hold others accountable as being racist for having something like "Brown Pride" on them because their culture hasn't done anything bad to really screw it up. It is good that people are proud of where they come from and who they are. I just wish we all had that ability.
5/28/13 6:53 PM
56sav

Edited: 05/28/13 7:00 PM
Ok so he'll either get fight gear or stuff aimed at lower income people. My bad.
5/28/13 7:03 PM
HexRei

Emazingmomo - White people make my heart hurt.

How about this: He's an adult who made a decision to get a tattoo that represented a pride he felt in his ethnicity that validates his experience as that minority and he doesn't have to explain or defend himself against any of you.

tl;dr - It makes sense to him and most of us brown people, you don't have to understand it.

THE WHOLE WORLD DOESN'T HAVE TO OPERATE TO YOUR UNDERSTANDING, VANILLA FACE.

It is not the duty of brown people to protect your gentle white feelings. So cry me the whitest of tears. After hundreds of years of institutional and interpersonal discrimination and losing 1/3 of your country to Americans because they didn't want to give up their slaves, all you can focus on is someone's tattoo?

Grow up.

*Mic drop

*Carried off by eagle

Wow, thanks for lumping all white people together. I didn't fucking have any slaves.
5/28/13 7:07 PM
ocbadapple

nothing wrong with Cain or being proud of what u are. Our society is just fucked because only minorities can be proud of their color while white people can only be proud of their nationality
5/28/13 7:46 PM
Big Nash

Brown Pride is a street gang plain and simple. There tattoos are the same as his. Google it or watch gangland on youtube.He was most likely in the gang or is in the gang. He grew up poor where theres poverty there are gangs. Do the math. I'ts just like a white power tattoo on a skinhead most of them get it because there boys have it and think its cool. 99% of gang members are just followers. The boss don't have the tats hes smarter then that.
5/28/13 7:53 PM
ChaosOverkill
457 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/28/13 7:53 PM

There's a difference between pride and power. It's not a brown power tatt or the equivalent.

White pride has been a taboo concept ever since it has been grouped in with the white power movement so it's no longer a pure pride without superiority and ethnic cleansing thing.

That's the only reason there's any discussion, and the fact that people insist on carrying dead people's baggage into ages where it doesn't fucking matter.

Some people need to watch a Doug Stanhope standup special.

5/28/13 7:54 PM
time traveling 12er
221 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Are there non-racists that actually want white pride tattoo's and clothes? And I don't mean people who are really racist but think they're just people who have realistic views on why their race is better. Are there actual non-racists out there fighting for white pride/power tattoos?

Think about it this way. In Japan there's a nutty subculture of Japanese people that like dressing up as Nazi's because they think the hugo boss designed outfits are super cool looking. They're not doing it to put down jews or are advocating genocide, they just think it looks cool. The rest of the world doesn't. Now if someone else in Japan thinks dressing up as an american civil war vet looks cool, I'm guessing no-one gives a shit. Now is this a double standard on soldier costumes or is this just people being intelligent and understanding the different contexts of the two outfits?
5/28/13 8:37 PM
DAVID H
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Big Nash - Brown Pride is a street gang plain and simple. There tattoos are the same as his. Google it or watch gangland on youtube.He was most likely in the gang or is in the gang. He grew up poor where theres poverty there are gangs. Do the math. I'ts just like a white power tattoo on a skinhead most of them get it because there boys have it and think its cool. 99% of gang members are just followers. The boss don't have the tats hes smarter then that.

STFU troll, you guys got sent packing on the other 50 threads...
5/28/13 8:48 PM
KingInFishnetsBottomingBetas

Plenty of people have white pride, that's why there's a shitload of americans supporting countries and clubs of their families heritage. World cup time, many will root for england, germany, france, italy etc etc..........and pridefully represent their forefathers country by wearing a shirt, or waving the flag.......

There is no whiteland, waving around a white pride flag just screams racism.
5/28/13 8:58 PM
Lazer MMA

DAVID H - 
Big Nash - Brown Pride is a street gang plain and simple. There tattoos are the same as his. Google it or watch gangland on youtube.He was most likely in the gang or is in the gang. He grew up poor where theres poverty there are gangs. Do the math. I'ts just like a white power tattoo on a skinhead most of them get it because there boys have it and think its cool. 99% of gang members are just followers. The boss don't have the tats hes smarter then that.

LMFAO, u realize that he is a 5er with 19 posts?

You prob. did not send him packing before I'd guess LOL.

Where is the troll in his post exactly? NEVER MIND, he can't be that much of a troll with 19 posts in 8 years,

Let me ask you this, where is the exact flaw in the posters logic? Why is his statement incorrect exactly?

If you can not support a claim that a post is bogus based on a logical rebutal then it is you who are the troll (not saying you can not BTW, I just want your logic spelled out).

5/28/13 9:07 PM
Bipolar

Honestly hard to believe that someone would be moronic enough to raise this thoroughly beaten and tired topic again, a topic that will never, nor can ever, be resolved. A complete waste of time. Pointless to discuss any further here.
5/28/13 9:10 PM
OzMafioso
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Spiderknows - Hitler and the kkk ruined the term 'white pride'. End of story. Phone Post
This. Not much left to beat of this horse... Phone Post 3.0
5/28/13 9:13 PM
McGruff The Crime Hog
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Threads about religion and politics end better than this topic. It's the great unknowable topic of the UG.
5/28/13 9:31 PM
deftones1079

The implication of white pride is widely regards with the neo nazis and white supremacists of past generations. The implication of brown pride is used to let the world know that you are proud of your Aztec, inca, Mayan heritage. A people who has been oppressed and unity within Latinos. Different connotations that make a world of difference. Phone Post 3.0
5/28/13 9:34 PM
pulsar

Where do the righties stand on indigenous peoples showing similar pride? Should they be silenced as well?

5/28/13 9:36 PM
VincentKennedyMcmahon

'White Pride' - Associated with hate groups and white supremacists Such as the KKK and the Nazi regime led by Adolf Hitler in the 1930s.

'Brown Pride' - Associated with many brown skinned ethnics such as Latinos, Middle Eastern people, Italians and in some cases Indigenous people of some nations who live in countries that are dominated by the Western European culture I.e England, America and Australia. Who in fact were and in some ways still are treated like second class citizens who have hard to work harder to succeed in life.

Now is Cains tattoo stupid? Yes but not because of the meaning behind it thats cool but because it just looks silly and is in a really dumb place but thats just my opinion. Now the only reason why the majority are defending him is because he's a such a cool dude, doesnt talk shit and is just an all round good human being. If Tito Ortiz had 'Brown Pride' jesus christ the UG would be on fire with hate threads

If Jon Jones got 'Black Pride' tattoed on his chest thousands of people would hit the internet spewing hate threads/forum posts. Not so much because 'Black Pride' is associated with a domestic terrorist group like the black panthers but because alot of MMA fans really don't like Jones outside the cage.

My point is nobody really looks at the meaning behind these phrases they just let their personal opinion affect their judgement without actually looking at it with an open mind.
I know that the majority of the internet does just that but in all honesty If Cain started talking shit about how he hates whites and blacks then yeah he's a racist douche. but he doesnt on the other hand anyone that has 'white pride' tattoed on their body clearly is a racist because they would not be influenced to get it without doing their homework.

TL;DR being proud of your heritage and your roots i.e 'Brown Pride' perfectly fine. Hating on every other ethnicity on the planet for no perticular reason 'White Pride' is just pretty fucking pathetic (FYI im White)

Look at the message/meaning these statements send not the what they actually say.
5/28/13 9:51 PM
DAVID H
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lazer MMA - 
DAVID H - 

LMFAO, u realize that he is a 5er with 19 posts?

You prob. did not send him packing before I'd guess LOL.

Where is the troll in his post exactly? NEVER MIND, he can't be that much of a troll with 19 posts in 8 years,

Let me ask you this, where is the exact flaw in the posters logic? Why is his statement incorrect exactly?

If you can not support a claim that a post is bogus based on a logical rebutal then it is you who are the troll (not saying you can not BTW, I just want your logic spelled out).

Reread the other 50 or so threads where some people tried to claim that Cain was part of the brown pride "gang" featured on gangland.
5/28/13 11:54 PM
StretchPlum

"2: You white people are even worse than Mexicans when it comes to nations pride. We, Mexicans take pride where we come from in the sense of our heritage, our history, our family and our religion. It's not just limited to that but if I had to explain Mexican pride in a general sense it would be those 4 things I just listed. I can't tell you how many white americans believe that the US is the absolute best, there is nothing even remotely close to the US. The US is some holy grail that can't be touched. So I really don't want to hear anything about Mexicans and their "Brown Pride"."

The relationship between U.S. whites and Mexicans is dramatically better than the relationship between Mexicans and ANY OTHER GROUP. African Americans? That relationship is in the main bitter hatred. And forget about Mexicans and Puerto Ricans. So stop being ignorant and acting like you're lecturing anyone. And, while you're at it, try to remember that "Mexican" is a national origin, not a race. A high percentage of Mexican Americans have identified as white on the census. Cain is very likely of primarily caucasian descent to look at him. It's a country, not a race, if you know anything at all about the topic.
5/28/13 11:55 PM
PeaceThroughStrength

UGCTT_AsimpleFan - White Power is a slogan used by a hate group. Brown pride is a slogan used by a group of people that have been treated as second class citizens for decades, that is meant to uplift a community. Two very different things. Phone Post 3.0

Would you be ok with white pride,or black pride?
I don't think Cain is a racist and I have no problem with the tattoo.I have a problem with hypocrites that say white or black pride is racist but brown pride isn't.
I dont care what a person puts on their skin,regardless if it says brown,black or white pride.
I live in LA and I see plenty of scum bag gang bangers with Brown Pride tattoos so don't say it's all about uplifting ones people.It means different things to different people.Gang bangers are not lifting up a community.
5/28/13 11:59 PM
fanaticomma
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jesus fucking christ KOSTAKIO! do you really crave attention so much?!
5/29/13 12:04 AM
PeaceThroughStrength

fapout - 
Kostakio - I'm not trying to stir the pot or whatever, but let's just be honest here. I think that it's just as wrong for him to have it as it for a white person to have it. It's one thing to be proud of your culture and another thing to be proud of your race (wtf?), imho. Thoughts?

By the way, it doesn't really offend or even bother me that he has it. I actually really like him. I'm just saying that it's a bit silly and inappropriate. And definitely unfair. Phone Post 3.0

Brown Pride is used to show pride in ones heritage, white pride comes with a racist line of thought.

Im a white male who is proud of my heritage,and I'm NOT a racist,
There are racist brown,white,black people.Whats the difference?
5/29/13 12:05 AM
pheonix5
610 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/29/13 12:08 AM
For white pride it would have to be something like "Irish Pride". Otherwise you'd be considered a skinhead nazi.

Would love to see someone like Ed Herman with a "Ginger Pride" tattoo.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.