UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> 'Brown Pride'. Let's Revisit. Is it Wrong?

5/29/13 1:11 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
adamscheulen
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is it crazy that I somewhat agree with every point of view in this thread? Phone Post
5/29/13 1:50 AM
kingwank
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So, you're saying he's not a Cleveland football fan? Phone Post 3.0
5/29/13 2:12 AM
L P

I'm from the central valley of California. I have never seen a farm worker with a "Brown Pride" tattoo like that on his chest. I have seen lots of gang members from the same area Cain grew up in with that same tattoo, lettering, and such. I don't know to many guys that grew up in areas that got a known area gang tattoo that wasn't in the gang and instead got it for pride reasons.
5/29/13 2:47 AM
regrettable

Oneofthebetterposters - White people you don't get it AT ALL.

Let me try to explain what Brown Pride means to us Mexicans as best as I possibly can.

#1: There are "brown people" who move to the US, born in the US, feel like they have some sort of entitlement or for whatever reason decide to completely reject their Mexican/Latino heritage. So the fact that Cain has Brown Pride tattooed on his chest to support his dedication towards Mexican people and where he comes from is a good thing and there is nothing wrong with that at all. This is backed up by his countless interviews where he talks about this.

#2: You white people are even worse than Mexicans when it comes to nations pride. We, Mexicans take pride where we come from in the sense of our heritage, our history, our family and our religion. It's not just limited to that but if I had to explain Mexican pride in a general sense it would be those 4 things I just listed. I can't tell you how many white americans believe that the US is the absolute best, there is nothing even remotely close to the US. The US is some holy grail that can't be touched. So I really don't want to hear anything about Mexicans and their "Brown Pride".

#3: "Brown Pride" is only associated with Mexicans. Not Arabs, not Central Americans, etc.

Also white people i'm sorry but your ancestors fucked it up for this generation and for a long time. I mean for god's freaking sake the white man went from: wanting to go to war against the world (Britain conquest) to fighting your next door neighbor Mexico for land, to killing the native americans (again for land), to slaving the black man, to killng the jews, to having to get involved in every little last detail (UN Meetings), to starting wars without proper justification (Reference to BUSH administration. Both wars) To promoting a philosophy where it's ok to receive a TON of assistance as long as you barely work and you can feel self entitled and proud about not working much (distribution of welfare), where as most of the world works their asses off to be able to have food in the table I can go on and on and on.

Give me a break. If you're going to lump all white people together then I can lump you with the Mexicans I know who are very bigoted towards black people. Or what if I said you are responsible for the cartels and border violence? It's ridiculous to generalize like this.

White people born in the last century are not responsible for slavery, or the Native Americans, or the conquests of the British empire, etc. You'd have to be over 80 to have had anything to do with atrocities in WWII. Should white people today be ashamed to be white or feel responsible for something they had nothing to do with?

5/29/13 2:52 AM
Mihow
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thread better than the OG

Shit my bed @ vanilla face and 'bestposterever' guy

Quality Phone Post 3.0
5/29/13 2:58 AM
ShaqNoob
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pheonix5 - For white pride it would have to be something like "Irish Pride". Otherwise you'd be considered a skinhead nazi.

Would love to see someone like Ed Herman with a "Ginger Pride" tattoo.

Red Pride ese.
5/29/13 3:02 AM
ABE FROMAN

Edited: 05/29/13 3:04 AM
StretchPlum - The relationship between U.S. whites and Mexicans is dramatically better than the relationship between Mexicans and ANY OTHER GROUP. African Americans? That relationship is in the main bitter hatred. And forget about Mexicans and Puerto Ricans.

Since when? Give us all something concrete here besides your opinion. You can't possibly live in New York. I wish every time you fools want to about races you stop trying to figure out how to work everybody else in to prove some weird point.

5/29/13 3:05 AM
UGCTT_CreepysStacheWax

White pride. Phone Post
5/29/13 3:06 AM
ABE FROMAN

Edited: 05/29/13 3:06 AM
regrettable - 
Oneofthebetterposters - White people you don't get it AT ALL.

Let me try to explain what Brown Pride means to us Mexicans as best as I possibly can.

#1: There are "brown people" who move to the US, born in the US, feel like they have some sort of entitlement or for whatever reason decide to completely reject their Mexican/Latino heritage. So the fact that Cain has Brown Pride tattooed on his chest to support his dedication towards Mexican people and where he comes from is a good thing and there is nothing wrong with that at all. This is backed up by his countless interviews where he talks about this.

#2: You white people are even worse than Mexicans when it comes to nations pride. We, Mexicans take pride where we come from in the sense of our heritage, our history, our family and our religion. It's not just limited to that but if I had to explain Mexican pride in a general sense it would be those 4 things I just listed. I can't tell you how many white americans believe that the US is the absolute best, there is nothing even remotely close to the US. The US is some holy grail that can't be touched. So I really don't want to hear anything about Mexicans and their "Brown Pride".

#3: "Brown Pride" is only associated with Mexicans. Not Arabs, not Central Americans, etc.

Also white people i'm sorry but your ancestors fucked it up for this generation and for a long time. I mean for god's freaking sake the white man went from: wanting to go to war against the world (Britain conquest) to fighting your next door neighbor Mexico for land, to killing the native americans (again for land), to slaving the black man, to killng the jews, to having to get involved in every little last detail (UN Meetings), to starting wars without proper justification (Reference to BUSH administration. Both wars) To promoting a philosophy where it's ok to receive a TON of assistance as long as you barely work and you can feel self entitled and proud about not working much (distribution of welfare), where as most of the world works their asses off to be able to have food in the table I can go on and on and on.

Give me a break. If you're going to lump all white people together then I can lump you with the Mexicans I know who are very bigoted towards black people. Or what if I said you are responsible for the cartels and border violence? It's ridiculous to generalize like this.

White people born in the last century are not responsible for slavery, or the Native Americans, or the conquests of the British empire, etc. You'd have to be over 80 to have had anything to do with atrocities in WWII. Should white people today be ashamed to be white or feel responsible for something they had nothing to do with?

No, there were just laws on the books to prevent the same human rights as everybody else.

Why do people just forget this whole section of history?

5/29/13 4:02 AM
Bipolar

Edited: 05/29/13 4:03 AM
Get ready to gasp for air and pee your pants, boys and girls.

Who cares if Cain prefers his race, or nationality, or culture, or anything else over that of other people? Who cares if he IS a racist - whatever that means to you - or if he has been in a gang? What business is it of yours? What does it have to do with you? There's nothing more natural in the world than to take pride in and hold a preference for whatever particular group(s) you belong to. So what? It doesn't matter if YOU think it is odious or disgusting or 'wrong.' If you don't like his personal beliefs, don't hang around him, or watch him, or support him. Are you all that insecure? Why force people to hold the same views and sentiments as you, and demonize those who don't? You all are a bunch of followers who are too scared to think for yourselves on important issues. Sad. I couldn't care less if a black person prefers his ancestry to mine or others, or if a Latino woman prefers hers to mine or others. And please don't give me your hypothetical shit about how preferring your particular 'group' 'may' lead to crime, oppression, discrimination, etc. A lot of different things 'may' lead to a lot of other different things. Save the outrage for those who ACTUALLY harm others, regardless of the motivation behind it. As far as anyone knows, Cain has never done a bad thing to anyone, and certainly isn't doing any bad things to people these days - except in the cage - so stop defining who he is based on a freakin tattoo. You all sound like a bunch of gossipy old women who have nothing better to do than talk mad shit on people for no good reason. Pathetic
5/29/13 5:59 AM
JBASS
242 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The way I see it, many people have gotten tattoos that they wished they thought a little harder about, myself included...

5/29/13 6:14 AM
Invisible Lats Syndrome

The forum consensus from the previous threads is:

1. White pride is a good thing, you shouldn't associate it with neo-nazism.

2. Brown pride is a bad thing by association with a street gang with that name.
5/29/13 7:11 AM
Lazer MMA

L P - I'm from the central valley of California. I have never seen a farm worker with a "Brown Pride" tattoo like that on his chest. I have seen lots of gang members from the same area Cain grew up in with that same tattoo, lettering, and such. I don't know to many guys that grew up in areas that got a known area gang tattoo that wasn't in the gang and instead got it for pride reasons.

Now here is an 11er with 19 posts (yes not the same as the 5er with 19 posts) saying the same fuckin thing as the 5er who so few posts as well.

Can some one post the "exact flaw in the posters logic (both of them)? Why is his (their) statement(s) incorrect exactly?"

If not this thread, and the entire argument is a wrap, basically the same situation as yesterday (post of Big Nash is copied above this page on a post by David H). Do not cop TF out and say "read the answer else where". Post the answer with the correct logical rebuttal or concede the argument. Potential / of thread offered by 2 posters. Rebuttals?

5/29/13 7:11 AM
IAmBatman
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When I first saw Velasquez fight in the UFC I thought it said "Bronx Pride". Which confused the shit out of me because he was from Cali. True story. Phone Post 3.0
5/29/13 7:12 AM
Lazer MMA

OK David H post is last page sorry
5/29/13 7:49 AM
DamnSevern
1209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lets compare this thread to the one on stormfront

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/t802832/

5/29/13 8:26 AM
MITman2k
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ Wonder what the reaction was when Lesnar lost to him, lol.

5/29/13 8:44 AM
RPBJJ
160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

my take on his tattoo is he thought is was cool when he got it. Not its like "man this looks kinda dumb. But Im rich so fuck it!!!!"
5/29/13 9:18 AM
r_o_y

This subject has been beaten to death
5/29/13 9:35 AM
Emazingmomo

r_o_y - This subject has been beaten to death

5/29/13 9:35 AM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

r_o_y - This subject has been beaten to death

Kinda like OP's vote up count.
5/29/13 9:39 AM
Emazingmomo

This is really the difference between white and brown discrimination.

Brown people have to worry about being followed in stores, discriminated against in jobs, being arrested or abused at by the police, being marginalized in society,having a history of oppression in this country, etc.

White people have to worry about that someone on the internet doesn't value their opinion and it might hurt their feelings :'(
5/29/13 9:40 AM
Lazer MMA

likwid - 
L P - I'm from the central valley of California. I have never seen a farm worker with a "Brown Pride" tattoo like that on his chest. I have seen lots of gang members from the same area Cain grew up in with that same tattoo, lettering, and such. I don't know to many guys that grew up in areas that got a known area gang tattoo that wasn't in the gang and instead got it for pride reasons.
Are you talking about Yuma or Salinas? He was born in Salinas, but raised in Yuma, but given your comments, I bet you think he was raised in Salinas.

This is a really silly argument. White people have said its not racist, but some bigots just can't let it go.

So unfair, living your whole life under the umbrella of white privilege.

The funny thing is that there is a good amount of research that states white privilege is holding white people back from their own personal best. Phone Post 3.0

Why is the data supplied by LP incorrect exactly? What is your rebuttal? You offered none at all. Again if you can not refute this post @ the one below this argument is over logically, forget race folks deal with logic and refute or concede the points. There is nothing to talk about.

Or this one, a 5 er with 19 posts too:

Big Nash - Brown Pride is a street gang plain and simple. There tattoos are the same as his. Google it or watch gangland on youtube.He was most likely in the gang or is in the gang. He grew up poor where theres poverty there are gangs. Do the math. I'ts just like a white power tattoo on a skinhead most of them get it because there boys have it and think its cool. 99% of gang members are just followers. The boss don't have the tats hes smarter then that.
5/29/13 10:41 AM
(Mike Oxslong)
389 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well I tattoo and don't really care what people get ( free will ) there body , but I have tattooed brown pride long before seeing Cain's tattoo an it was on a lil punk who thought the world owed him something , I've also tattooed white pride on a degenerate lil white punk who thought all races were shit except his ...

I've done German pride , Irish pride , tons of others that weren't meant to offend anyone ...

I used to be a skinhead an had 7 swastikas on me now there all covered up because I'm a grown man with a family and can think for myself am not a follower but a leader ...

Tat2 Phone Post 3.0
5/29/13 10:46 AM
Lazer MMA

OK I'll jump in for Cain with the logical rebuttal as no one else has.

Here is Cain: "I got this tattoo for two reasons. One, for everything my parents did to come over to this country, all the hardships they had crossing the border. ‘Brown pride' when we were growing up meant ‘Mexican pride.' That's how we would say it. It's something to say if we're proud about where we came from. What my Dad did, my Mom did to get over to this country to me means a lot. I'm proud of where I came from. I'm proud of what Mexican people stand for. We're known as hard working people. We're known as fighters. We're known to have a lot of heart. We're known to never give up in the gym and have a lot of cardio. To always work hard. The work ethic that my Dad, all the Mexican people bring out in the fields and stuff, we bring to the gym and whatever else we do. Another reason why I got is because when I was growing up I didn't have anybody to look up to. There's nobody that was my size that was Mexican that looked like me that I could see in the media. I pretty much didn't have those dreams of ‘Hey, I can do that stuff. I can be in the media, I can play professional sports.' I didn't have that. I didn't have anybody to look up to so now that I'm in that position, I put ‘Brown Pride' on my chest to let people know ‘Hey, I'm Mexican. I'm proud to be Mexican. I'm doing good things.' For those people that just don't know the story behind it, that's all I can say. The only thing I can do is clear it up by doing interviews like this."http://www.mmamania.com/2011/11/12/2549227/cain-velasquez-tattoo-brown-pride-what-does-it-mean-stand-for-ufc-on-fox-mma

So I think it's like I said (giving Cain the benefit of the doubt here):

It looks just like the gang tattoo and that the crime of murder and other crimes done by the gang are seemingly being supported as well. I have faith (some) that Cain did not mean it in this way, only to show he's proud to be Mexican; however, it is what it is, a VERY bad choice.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.