UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> 'Brown Pride'. Let's Revisit. Is it Wrong?

5/29/13 9:39 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Emazingmomo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is really the difference between white and brown discrimination.

Brown people have to worry about being followed in stores, discriminated against in jobs, being arrested or abused at by the police, being marginalized in society,having a history of oppression in this country, etc.

White people have to worry about that someone on the internet doesn't value their opinion and it might hurt their feelings :'(
5/29/13 9:40 AM
Lazer MMA

likwid - 
L P - I'm from the central valley of California. I have never seen a farm worker with a "Brown Pride" tattoo like that on his chest. I have seen lots of gang members from the same area Cain grew up in with that same tattoo, lettering, and such. I don't know to many guys that grew up in areas that got a known area gang tattoo that wasn't in the gang and instead got it for pride reasons.
Are you talking about Yuma or Salinas? He was born in Salinas, but raised in Yuma, but given your comments, I bet you think he was raised in Salinas.

This is a really silly argument. White people have said its not racist, but some bigots just can't let it go.

So unfair, living your whole life under the umbrella of white privilege.

The funny thing is that there is a good amount of research that states white privilege is holding white people back from their own personal best. Phone Post 3.0

Why is the data supplied by LP incorrect exactly? What is your rebuttal? You offered none at all. Again if you can not refute this post @ the one below this argument is over logically, forget race folks deal with logic and refute or concede the points. There is nothing to talk about.

Or this one, a 5 er with 19 posts too:

Big Nash - Brown Pride is a street gang plain and simple. There tattoos are the same as his. Google it or watch gangland on youtube.He was most likely in the gang or is in the gang. He grew up poor where theres poverty there are gangs. Do the math. I'ts just like a white power tattoo on a skinhead most of them get it because there boys have it and think its cool. 99% of gang members are just followers. The boss don't have the tats hes smarter then that.
5/29/13 10:41 AM
(Mike Oxslong)
365 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well I tattoo and don't really care what people get ( free will ) there body , but I have tattooed brown pride long before seeing Cain's tattoo an it was on a lil punk who thought the world owed him something , I've also tattooed white pride on a degenerate lil white punk who thought all races were shit except his ...

I've done German pride , Irish pride , tons of others that weren't meant to offend anyone ...

I used to be a skinhead an had 7 swastikas on me now there all covered up because I'm a grown man with a family and can think for myself am not a follower but a leader ...

Tat2 Phone Post 3.0
5/29/13 10:46 AM
Lazer MMA

OK I'll jump in for Cain with the logical rebuttal as no one else has.

Here is Cain: "I got this tattoo for two reasons. One, for everything my parents did to come over to this country, all the hardships they had crossing the border. ‘Brown pride' when we were growing up meant ‘Mexican pride.' That's how we would say it. It's something to say if we're proud about where we came from. What my Dad did, my Mom did to get over to this country to me means a lot. I'm proud of where I came from. I'm proud of what Mexican people stand for. We're known as hard working people. We're known as fighters. We're known to have a lot of heart. We're known to never give up in the gym and have a lot of cardio. To always work hard. The work ethic that my Dad, all the Mexican people bring out in the fields and stuff, we bring to the gym and whatever else we do. Another reason why I got is because when I was growing up I didn't have anybody to look up to. There's nobody that was my size that was Mexican that looked like me that I could see in the media. I pretty much didn't have those dreams of ‘Hey, I can do that stuff. I can be in the media, I can play professional sports.' I didn't have that. I didn't have anybody to look up to so now that I'm in that position, I put ‘Brown Pride' on my chest to let people know ‘Hey, I'm Mexican. I'm proud to be Mexican. I'm doing good things.' For those people that just don't know the story behind it, that's all I can say. The only thing I can do is clear it up by doing interviews like this."http://www.mmamania.com/2011/11/12/2549227/cain-velasquez-tattoo-brown-pride-what-does-it-mean-stand-for-ufc-on-fox-mma

So I think it's like I said (giving Cain the benefit of the doubt here):

It looks just like the gang tattoo and that the crime of murder and other crimes done by the gang are seemingly being supported as well. I have faith (some) that Cain did not mean it in this way, only to show he's proud to be Mexican; however, it is what it is, a VERY bad choice.
5/29/13 10:47 AM
BigEyedFish

its one of the most retarded tattoos ever
5/29/13 1:10 PM
PoundforPound
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There is no proof what so ever that Cain was ever in the Brown Pride street gang or even that they existed in the city in which he grew up.

5/29/13 1:31 PM
D241
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OP didn't get frozen did he?

5/29/13 2:19 PM
(Mike Oxslong)
365 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

D241 -

Good ? Phone Post 3.0
5/29/13 2:34 PM
D241
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why would that be good?

This has turned into a ten page discussion, with multiple varying opinions. It's mma related, he should have no reason to be frozen. No, "the vote downs have spoken", getting froze for creating a 10 page debate because some people who don't agree vote you down, that would be some serious BullShit if that happened.

Kostakio-you out there brah?

5/29/13 2:43 PM
HexRei

PoundforPound - There is no proof what so ever that Cain was ever in the Brown Pride street gang or even that they existed in the city in which he grew up.

He wasn't and I really can't believe people are making that connection. We live on a planet with 7 billion people that are connected by near-instantaneous communication and media. Practically everything can be tied to some sinister meaning whether it actually is related or not.
5/29/13 3:36 PM
(Mike Oxslong)

D241 -

Why would that be good?

This has turned into a ten page discussion, with multiple varying opinions. It's mma related, he should have no reason to be frozen. No, "the vote downs have spoken", getting froze for creating a 10 page debate because some people who don't agree vote you down, that would be some serious BullShit if that happened.

Kostakio-you out there brah?

Vtfu people vd just to be a douche , I agree if its 10 pages deep op did something right ... Phone Post 3.0
5/29/13 4:47 PM
(Mike Oxslong)

(Mike Oxslong) -
D241 -

Good ? Phone Post 3.0
WTF I didn't post good ? I posted could've ... Phone Post 3.0
5/29/13 5:01 PM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^^ suuuuureeeeee ya did.....
5/29/13 5:04 PM
Kostakio
491 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UG, I am disappoint. That's all I'm going to say. Oh, and to the people that voted me down, it's called the 'karma system' for a reason. ;) Phone Post 3.0
5/29/13 5:07 PM
KingInFishnetsBottomingBetas

Kostakio - UG, I am disappoint. That's all I'm going to say. Oh, and to the people that voted me down, it's called the 'karma system' for a reason. ;) Phone Post 3.0
Bro, greeks aren't white, so why are you worried about it? Lol great cast though, many bites..... Phone Post
5/29/13 5:11 PM
Brian Rule
270 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FWIW Kostakio I just voted you up. Any time race is brought up it's inherently racist. Not sure why people have a hard time figuring that out
5/29/13 5:12 PM
Kostakio
491 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

haha

It's the point of it though!

I feel like these "(race) pride" tattoos come off like you think your race is superior to others. Be proud of your race but don't rub it in. "It's not very holy to point out how holy you are." Phone Post 3.0
5/29/13 5:13 PM
Kostakio

And thanks, Brian. You really do rule. :p Phone Post 3.0
5/29/13 5:18 PM
Thacommish
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

L P - I'm from the central valley of California. I have never seen a farm worker with a "Brown Pride" tattoo like that on his chest. I have seen lots of gang members from the same area Cain grew up in with that same tattoo, lettering, and such. I don't know to many guys that grew up in areas that got a known area gang tattoo that wasn't in the gang and instead got it for pride reasons.

When you say same tattoo, lettering, and such i assume you are talking of the fact its written in old english? probably the most common font in all of tattoodom at least here in NA.
5/29/13 5:18 PM
D241

So you weren't frozen?

5/29/13 5:19 PM
Kostakio

D241 -

So you weren't frozen?

Yeah, I was. A lot of people voted me down for no reason. Thanks for not being one of them. Phone Post 3.0
5/29/13 5:20 PM
Anderson P. Sonnen
683 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kostakio - haha

It's the point of it though!

I feel like these "(race) pride" tattoos come off like you think your race is superior to others. Be proud of your race but don't rub it in. "It's not very holy to point out how holy you are." Phone Post 3.0
Agreed Phone Post
5/29/13 5:38 PM
(Mike Oxslong)

Thacommish -
L P - I'm from the central valley of California. I have never seen a farm worker with a "Brown Pride" tattoo like that on his chest. I have seen lots of gang members from the same area Cain grew up in with that same tattoo, lettering, and such. I don't know to many guys that grew up in areas that got a known area gang tattoo that wasn't in the gang and instead got it for pride reasons.

When you say same tattoo, lettering, and such i assume you are talking of the fact its written in old english? probably the most common font in all of tattoodom at least here in NA.
Vu I have done just as much old e as I have script lettering

Tat2 Phone Post 3.0
5/29/13 5:44 PM
time traveling 12er
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thacommish - 

An office I used to work at was in a heavily Mexican community and most of the customers were Mexican. There are lots of "gang" tattoos that have been co-opted by non-gang individuals. Like the "mi vida loca" three dots tattoo which used to be gang related but is now just an expression of general rebellion. The elbow spiderweb which used to be about murder/white supremacy, now is a generic tough guy tattoo.
5/29/13 5:50 PM
Kostakio

So you must hate every new Fedor and Anderson thread as well. I don't see those thread starters getting voted down. It's because I'm Greek, bitch! :) Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.