UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Henderson surprised to be facing Grant next

5/27/13 10:41 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1032 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

The one person watching the UFC 160 bout between TJ Grant and Gray Maynard with the most vested interested was undoubtedly lightweight champion Benson Henderson. He of course, was already committed to fight the winner in his next title defense. However, even he was suprised at the outcome:

"I am a little bit surprised. I think most people had Gray winning. Most people picked Gray to win and not only did T.J. prove everyone wrong, but in the manner and in the fashion that he did it, pretty impressive performance for him. I did (think Maynard was going to win). I thought Gray was going to be the next guy I faced. I was already kind of preparing for that and now I got a new guy to prepare for.

I don't know a whole lot about T.J. to be honest. I know he's 5-0 at 155 now, he used to be a 170 pounder. From what I've seen of him, from the promos and highlights and stuff, he doesn't seem too flashy. He's one of those guys, a grinder, good fundamentals and solid. It is going to be my job to learn about him the next month or so to get ready for him."

transcribed by MMAMania.com...

5/27/13 10:43 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
AllAmericanBoxing
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hope Grant continues his streak and KOs the split-decisionator, Bendo. Phone Post
5/27/13 10:44 PM
TEAR GAS KUSH
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im surprised too. Bendo by sub rd4
5/27/13 10:45 PM
JetSetter
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TJ will be the champ Phone Post 3.0
5/27/13 10:45 PM
hmb

Grant so Diaz can step in a take that belt.
5/27/13 10:48 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
773 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AllAmericanBoxing - Hope Grant continues his streak and KOs the split-decisionator, Bendo. Phone Post
This Phone Post 3.0
5/27/13 10:52 PM
Fattiecorpuscle
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If there is anybody I wouldn't mind seeing taking the championship from Bendo, it's Grant Phone Post
5/28/13 12:03 AM
ender852
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bendo puts him on his back repeatedly, 5 round UD

5/28/13 12:21 AM
Wasa-B
286 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why? Didnt he just STOMP the #1 contender in a couple minutes?
5/28/13 1:01 AM
I LOVE GSP

Grant ko rnd 2.
5/28/13 1:04 AM
[OGTT]naughtiiDawg
282 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wasa-B - Why? Didnt he just STOMP the #1 contender in a couple minutes?
#1 contender is fighting aldo! Phone Post 3.0
5/28/13 1:21 AM
The Don Dada

Grant has this, benson will just play with his hair the whole time Phone Post
5/28/13 2:28 AM
panthonyjr

I must say this kid snuck up on me. I know nothing about TJ Grant. I will of course change that after Sunday morning's announcement. He must have been on every card I didn't order. Phone Post 3.0
5/28/13 8:13 AM
Y2JB

Maybe Bendo will actually finish a fight soon.
5/28/13 9:28 AM
kill joy
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

panthonyjr - I must say this kid snuck up on me. I know nothing about TJ Grant. I will of course change that after Sunday morning's announcement. He must have been on every card I didn't order. Phone Post 3.0

Thats because the ufc kept bumping him from the main card. 

Grant beat Jonny Hendricks (imo) or at the least gave him more trouble than anyone else has

ko'd Wiman in epic fashion

would have broke Roller's arm if the ref hadn't stopped it 

beat and bloodied Evan Dunham 

made Carlos Prator look like a blue belt on the ground.

slept Kevin Burns with a nasty uppercut

He fought tough guys (almedia, Stun gun, and big rig etc) at 170 and was never close to being finished by them.

5/28/13 9:30 AM
El Ninja
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If, and i say if, Bendo beats TJ, a sub would be the least likely method imo. TJ's BJJ is top notch; methinks he's taking the belt via matching Hendersons pace leading to TKO stoppage. Phone Post 3.0
5/28/13 9:34 AM
MMALOGIC

Grant is a beast and a horrible style matchup for decision fighters.
5/28/13 10:04 AM
[OGTT]naughtiiDawg
282 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's kinda "disrespectful" counting out grant! Will only motivate grant more Phone Post 3.0
5/28/13 10:27 AM
Boobiemiles1986
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/28/13 10:45 AM

Grant is really hard not to like. I think he really fucked with Gray head after he took shone big shits from gray then just started talking shit and pushing forward. He is a awesome finisher. 

5/28/13 10:40 AM
[OGTT]naughtiiDawg

He was huge compare to maynard! Unusual for gray to be the smaller fighter Phone Post 3.0
5/28/13 10:47 AM
Yelm
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/28/13 10:47 AM

I am not surprised to read this at all.  I keep up on fighters fairly well and rarely am I as shocked as I was when I saw Grant ko Maynard (the only other super shocking moment for me was Nate destrying Cowbaoy).  

I think Grant is a terrible match up for Bendo.  I am definitely looking forward to a war.

5/28/13 3:25 PM
ZombiedKoreanTurnipHead
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ender852 -

bendo puts him on his back repeatedly, 5 round UD

Unfortunately this. Phone Post
5/28/13 3:34 PM
Williambonney

WTF is the UFCs problem with Showtime whey do they refuse to give him his title shot (that he should have gotten when he first came over) and keep leapfrogging less deserving fighters over him
5/28/13 3:53 PM
Acidic

Williambonney - WTF is the UFCs problem with Showtime whey do they refuse to give him his title shot (that he should have gotten when he first came over) and keep leapfrogging less deserving fighters over him

Dont think Pettis has ever beaten anyone that was top 5 in the UFC. He beat cerrone but Cerrone wasnt top 5 imo

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.