UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Official Rankings Update: 5.27.13

5/27/13 11:08 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1293 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

After each live event, the UFC polls various members of the media to update it's rankings in each weight division as well as the pound for pound rankings. With only a few meaningful bouts at this past weekend's UFC 160, the heavyweight division is where we saw the most movement:

Champion : Cain Velasquez

1  Junior dos Santos 

2  Daniel Cormier 

3  Fabricio Werdum 

4  Antonio Silva 

5  Roy Nelson +1

6  Alistair Overeem -1

7  Frank Mir 

8  Minotauro Nogueira 

9  Travis Browne +1

10 Mark Hunt -1

UFC 160 featured two pivotal matchups in the UFC's heavyweight division with Velasquez defending against Silva and Dos Santos fighting Mark Hunt. Despite losing to Velasquez, Silva did not move in the divisional rankings, maintaining his number four spot. Junior Dos Santos was and of course is still ranked as the division's number one contender.

Mark Hunt put up a valiant effort against Dos Santos and dropped one spot to tenth in the rankings, with Travis Browne moving up one spot. 

The only other significant change in rankings were in the lightweight division where TJ Grant moved up two spots to third, but regardless will be the next to fight for the title as number one ranked Gilbert Melendez just loss to the champion and number two ranked Anthony Pettis will fight for Jose Aldo's featherweight title in August.

view complete rankings...

5/27/13 11:27 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Ice Cold Igors Right Hand
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Something seems a little off.. Phone Post 3.0
5/27/13 11:29 PM
Bipolar

Well these don't look too bad. I started a thread here a few hours ago after I took a look at the new Sherdog rankings. I thought a lot of it was ridiculous; for example, Teixeira was ranked 9, and Nick Diaz was ranked 4, above guys like Maia and Ellenberger, even though Diaz is on a 2 fight losing streak.

That dumbass Lazer MMA or whatever his screen name is thought Glover indeed should be ranked well below someone like Phil Davis, whom he argued would easily beat Teixeira. Got a good laugh there. But it's nice to see that at least the UFC has pretty reasonable rankings, with Glover at 4 and Maia and Ellenberger both in the top 5 ahead of Diaz.
5/27/13 11:33 PM
Sofa King Cool
394 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No way Silva should be number four after his two performances against Cain.

I also feel like Hunt should have moved up instead of down after that fight. He lost, but that was a battle against the number one guy and he made it competitive. Phone Post 3.0
5/27/13 11:41 PM
R1WARRIOR

Daniel Cormier 2nd!! LMAO!! Phone Post 3.0
5/27/13 11:50 PM
UGCTT Captain America
324 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't understand why Hunt lost rank after losing to a man ranked 8 places higher.

What caused Nelson and Overeem to switch places? Phone Post 3.0
5/27/13 11:54 PM
MarkRobinson
1422 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT Captain America - I don't understand why Hunt lost rank after losing to a man ranked 8 places higher.

What caused Nelson and Overeem to switch places? Phone Post 3.0

Yeah exactly/ It must be the recent pictures of overeem looking a bit out of shape at the beach because what else has happened to warrant the change?  

am i missing something?

5/28/13 12:19 AM
MadmanGadman
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would have it
Champion) cain
1) JDS
2) werdum
3) DC
4)silva
5) overeem
6) Mir
7) Nelson
8) big nog
9) hunt
10) Travis Browne Phone Post 3.0
5/28/13 12:22 AM
MagSlim

R1WARRIOR - Daniel Cormier 2nd!! LMAO!! Phone Post 3.0

This. These rankings are trash.

Decisioning Mir and Barnett, while good, does not equal #2 HW contender.

Mir got stopped in the 2nd by JDS and looked terrible but Hunt looked tough and lasted almost the distance. Yet Mir is 7 and Hunt 10, wtf?

Also no way Browne or Nog lasts that long with JDS, Hunt should be ranked no worse than 7.
5/28/13 12:26 AM
MadmanGadman
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MadmanGadman - I would have it
Champion) cain
1) JDS
2) werdum
3) DC
4)silva
5) overeem
6) Mir
7) Nelson
8) big nog
9) hunt
Once Barnett fights someone beside dc I'm sure he will be on this list. I only left him out because its a UFC ranking not an mma ranking and he didn't have a fight yet in the UFC Phone Post 3.0
5/28/13 12:27 AM
MadmanGadman

MadmanGadman -
MadmanGadman - I would have it
Champion) cain
1) JDS
2) werdum
3) DC
4)silva
5) overeem
6) Mir
7) Nelson
8) big nog
9) hunt
Once Barnett fights someone beside dc I'm sure he will be on this list. I only left him out because its a UFC ranking not an mma ranking and he didn't have a fight yet in the UFC Phone Post 3.0
Since re signing... Sorry I have been drinking lol Phone Post 3.0
5/28/13 1:25 AM
transamman

Sofa King Cool - No way Silva should be number four after his two performances against Cain.

I also feel like Hunt should have moved up instead of down after that fight. He lost, but that was a battle against the number one guy and he made it competitive. Phone Post 3.0
that fight was competitive? lol? Phone Post 3.0
5/28/13 1:29 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
517 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barnett? Phone Post 3.0
5/28/13 1:42 AM
Oontyex
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I felt hunt earned a move up the rankings, he lost to the number 2, but gave him a hell of a fight, I'd move him up not down for sure Phone Post 3.0
5/28/13 1:43 AM
bekk46

transamman -
Sofa King Cool - No way Silva should be number four after his two performances against Cain.

No way that was competitive. He did nothing that whole fight and got spinning kick KO'd. Phone Post 3.0
5/28/13 3:32 AM
UK Rampage
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

C. Velasquez
1. JDS
2. Werdum (2-0 this time, beat Nelson
3. Cormier (won vs Mir, didn't look good)
4. Nelson
5. Bigfoot
6. Overeem
7. Hunt ( coming off a loss, fought tough)
8. Mir (coming off a loss, looked bad)
9. Nogueira
10. Browne Phone Post 3.0
5/28/13 4:04 AM
KennyForman

5/28/13 5:54 AM
British101
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

R1WARRIOR - Daniel Cormier 2nd!! LMAO!! Phone Post 3.0
This. Heavyweight division is a joke, might aswell be jds and Cain fighting every other month because they are the only ones who will hold the belt Phone Post
5/28/13 8:18 AM
Big Pookie
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA Lives Here - 
UK Rampage - C. Velasquez
1. JDS
2. Werdum (2-0 this time, beat Nelson
3. Cormier (won vs Mir, didn't look good)
4. Nelson
5. Bigfoot
6. Overeem
7. Hunt ( coming off a loss, fought tough)
8. Mir (coming off a loss, looked bad)
9. Nogueira
10. Browne Phone Post 3.0
Hang on. So Nelson has never beaten a top-10 opponent but he's not only inside your top 10, he's #4? Nelson has had plenty of chances at top-10 guys. He's had fights against Junior, Mir and Werdum and looked like a heavy bag each time.

Hunt earned his shot, fought Junior on short notice and put on one of the best HW fights in UFC history.

What's Roy's best win? Old Cro Cop? Struve over three years ago when his best win was Buentello? Schaub? Phone Post

Agree 100%. He really shouldn't be any higher than #10, but its hard because the HW division isn't nearly as deep as the other divisions.

5/28/13 9:49 AM
Williambonney

As bad as the HW rankings are they are still way better then the rankings they have for all the other classes and especially P4P the ufc's p4p rankings could be the worst ones out there and that's saying a LOT
5/28/13 12:32 PM
blupitt
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Swap Big Country and Bigfoot fot starters.... Phone Post
5/28/13 12:49 PM
beanouno
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DC number 2? Wtf lol Phone Post
5/28/13 2:06 PM
Attila
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/28/13 2:09 PM
R1WARRIOR - Daniel Cormier 2nd!! LMAO!! Phone Post 3.0

Hell yes he is. He just ran through arguably the most stacked HW tournament in MMA history and then beat Mir. Undefeated, BTW. Who would you put above him?

BigFoot being above Nelson, who is on a 3 fight first round KO streak, is a joke though.

5/28/13 2:12 PM
DiazsBongWater
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am reserving my judgment on Cormier until he's involved in a fight that didn't bore me to tears.
The Mir fight could have been amazing, and Cormier wanted to rub cocks against the fence for 15 minutes. Phone Post 3.0
5/28/13 3:19 PM
mdfmma123
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

transamman -

VTFD for being ignorant. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.