UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rousey, White happy with Tate in TUF

5/28/13 10:43 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1295 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Earlier today news broke that Cat Zingano was injured and Miesha Tate will be taking her spot coaching against Ronda Rousey on the next season of the Ultimate Fighter. Zingano injured herself May 16th, but the situation has been kept under wraps until today, when it was revealed on the set of the show to the surpise of even Rousey herself:

When Tate came out, Rousey was clearly stunned and she stormed out of the UFC training center, searching for White. She later said she was angry because she thought Tate was replacing her.

Rousey, though, was pleased with the change.

"This is what we really wanted all along," Rousey told Yahoo! Sports. "Everyone said an Ultimate Fighter between me and Miesha would be the best. We have a personal history with each other and this is a personal show. For some reason, me and Miesha are intertwined in fate like Ali and Frazier or something like that.

"I think people will look back at this as one of the monumental rivalries and look back at this as one of those things that really cemented women's MMA."

read entire article...

White also explained the decision to Yahoo! Sports:

"Miesha has the most experience," White said. "She'd probably won the first two rounds of that fight with Cat and if it had gone to the cards, she'd probably have won by decision. The nice thing having Cat in there coaching against Ronda is that Cat was undefeated, and so we had this whole thing of two undefeated fighters facing off.

"But with Miesha, she and Ronda already had a great fight and they have a history together. They don't like each other. We'll make it work. We always do. You know how I say every day when I wake up, I know some bad [expletive] is going to happen? Well, this was one of them, but we're doing the best we can here."

5/28/13 10:45 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_SidRival
576 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We're not. Phone Post 3.0
5/28/13 10:48 PM
shootfighterbull
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rousey/Tate will one day surpass Ali/Frazier.
5/28/13 10:54 PM
GROUNDnLB
644 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So if zig heals up, will she still get the fight?

Should be McCann not tate Phone Post 3.0
5/28/13 10:55 PM
da Vinci 81
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shootfighterbull - Rousey/Tate will one day surpass Ali/Frazier.

It already has, imo. The definitive rivalry in all of combat sports. I don't think it will ever be surpassed either.
5/28/13 10:59 PM
PrestigeWorldwide
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love how DFW is downplaying it saying "we'll make it work" lmfao. that's the fight he wanted all along.
5/28/13 11:00 PM
MT11

You guys actually care about this? Lmao Phone Post 3.0
5/28/13 11:01 PM
soliak

I wonder if Tate will ever fight for the title again after getting her ass handed to her by Rousey. Some part of me wonders if a large contributing factor to her getting the chance is her looks (albeit IMO very average looks). She is 1-2 in her last 3, got pretty fucked up by Zingano and now gets a title shot? Derp.

5/28/13 11:02 PM
MT11

LMFAO Rousey says her and Tate are like Ali and Frazier. Seriously I may have to take a break from the UFC. Phone Post 3.0
5/28/13 11:04 PM
ChaosOverkill
736 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They couldn\t wait half a day before jumping for joy. Poor Cat.

5/28/13 11:09 PM
hellride
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is the problem with a thin/new division, the same 2-3 people just get recycled through title shots.
5/28/13 11:11 PM
Nuevo Haole

This is good, the only thing Ronda is better at than armbarring chicks is being cunty & Meisha will bring her wife Bryan and then Ronda can have Nate come visit and next level reality show BS will commence

two bad bitches squabbling

209 VS Mr Tate

The Armo Army saying 'bro' 35 times an episode

and oh yea, some fights also

5/28/13 11:17 PM
I LOVE GSP

"When Tate came out, Rousey was clearly stunned and she stormed out of the UFC training center, searching for White. She later said she was angry because she thought Tate was replacing her."

how much weed has she been smoking lately?
5/28/13 11:22 PM
ChaosOverkill
736 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I LOVE GSP - "When Tate came out, Rousey was clearly stunned and she stormed out of the UFC training center, searching for White. She later said she was angry because she thought Tate was replacing her."

how much weed has she been smoking lately?

yeah seriously wtf is that about?

She thought they replaced her on TUF?

5/28/13 11:26 PM
Tomato Can
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

McMann would have been a better choice, IMO.
5/28/13 11:27 PM
UGCTT_Dinamita
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dfw might tell me to fuck my eyeballs but I don't think I'll be watching Phone Post 3.0
5/28/13 11:43 PM
Poindexter
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Steaming horse droppings.

5/28/13 11:46 PM
creepymcfinger

da Vinci 81 -
shootfighterbull - Rousey/Tate will one day surpass Ali/Frazier.

It already has, imo. The definitive rivalry in all of combat sports. I don't think it will ever be surpassed either.
Lol Phone Post 3.0
5/28/13 11:48 PM
Kneeblock
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm still not 100% sold on Rousey. Never know what could happen.

5/28/13 11:59 PM
SinCityHustler

Lets assume Tate won the first 2 rounds and was up 20-18. And lets for the sake of discussion, pretend Tate had survived round 3 and the fight had gone to decision. Who here thinks round 3 was not a 10-8 round for Zingano and agrees with White that Tate would have probably won the decision? White is like a used car salesman, overselling when he really doesn't have to. At best, Tate would have gotten a draw in that fight and left a bloodied and battered mess, clearly looking like the loser of the fight. Raise your hand of White is fooling you.
5/29/13 12:24 AM
armbarheelhook
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rousey to Yahoo! Sports: "This is what we really wanted all along."

But ofcourse dana and rousey wanted tate to win that fight and move on to TUF.. Controversy Breeds Cash.!

It just so happens that dana and rousey get what they originally wished for in the first place. Its a shame what happened to Cat, considering it might not have brought the ratings compared to Rousey/Tate TUF, but would have definately boosted the exposure of Cat to the masses. Phone Post
5/29/13 1:13 AM
chaplinshouse
786 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i'm so sure randa stormed out because she thought tate was replacing HER, lol

5/29/13 2:29 AM
Sukulaku

Two girls not liking each other? Monumental story!
5/29/13 2:29 AM
UGSlapshot

Tomato Can - McMann would have been a better choice, IMO.
Yeah, I'd rather see mcmann too, even though I Think she'd get smashed. Phone Post
5/29/13 2:46 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
513 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGSlapshot -
Tomato Can - McMann would have been a better choice, IMO.
Yeah, I'd rather see mcmann too, even though I Think she'd get smashed. Phone Post
McMann whips Ronda's ass. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.