UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Liddell: I would have beat Anderson Silva

5/29/13 11:29 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1027 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

In his prime Chuck Liddell was certainly the most feared striker in mixed martial arts. Today that title definitely belongs to UFC middle weight champion Anderson Silva. Although they fought in different eras, the question has to who would win a fight is an interesting topic. Liddell, of course, already knows the answer:

He was asked by O Globo’s Gustavo Noblat about a theoretical fight between him and middleweight champion Anderson Silva. Liddell didn’t miss a beat, showing the same confidence he had in the era when he ruled the light-heavyweight division.

“I would beat him, I always said that I would. I have the advantage in weight and height, so it would be more likely that I would beat him,” he said. “ But Anderson is one of my favorite fighters.”

read entire article...

5/29/13 11:31 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
3rdLion
223 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Prime Chuck vs Anderson would have been a fun fight.
5/29/13 11:32 AM
Rudi
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol Phone Post
5/29/13 11:33 AM
Lobo8

no.
5/29/13 11:35 AM
js138
195 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah... In McWorld! Hey it can happen? Maybe? Naw.... Phone Post 3.0
5/29/13 11:40 AM
spliff
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://oi43.tinypic.com/i1ehl0.jpg
5/29/13 11:46 AM
i_shogun_ruas

Lol I haven't laughed this hard in a while. Chuck trolling? Phone Post 3.0
5/29/13 11:49 AM
WhoShotYushinOkami
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChokeEmOut -  Prime or not, Anderson would clown him. Chuck was far from technical and rarely faced good strikers and when he did he would get clipped and shoot for legs Phone Post

Pretty much this.

5/29/13 11:49 AM
Schifty
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chuck's a fighter. What did they expect him to say?

5/29/13 11:50 AM
LittleKang
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Time for chuck too see a doctor for Pugilistic Dementia. .... Phone Post
5/29/13 11:51 AM
wheeels

haha.. unless Liddell lands his signature eye-pokes in both of Silva's eyes, he gets destroyed.

..probably gets destroyed regardless.
Funaki Masakatsu #1
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't forget about Chuck's wrestling. Chuck could take Silva down and put Silva where he is less strong. Phone Post 3.0
Ip Man 81

ChokeEmOut - Prime or not, Anderson would clown him. Chuck was far from technical and rarely faced good strikers and when he did he would get clipped and shoot for legs Phone Post
When has Chuck ever been clowned u faggot?
Anderson was almost out struck by Chael Sonnen, and dropped by Chael who's not known for his power, imagine him eating an overhand right from Chuck. Phone Post 3.0
5/29/13 11:53 AM
ChuckPunchedMyFace
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Schifty -

Chuck's a fighter. What did they expect him to say?

Beat me 2 it Phone Post 3.0
5/29/13 11:53 AM
LittleKang
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ip Man 81 -
ChokeEmOut - Prime or not, Anderson would clown him. Chuck was far from technical and rarely faced good strikers and when he did he would get clipped and shoot for legs Phone Post
Anderson was almost out struck by Chael Sonnen, and dropped by Chael who's not known for his power, imagine him eating an overhand right from Chuck. Phone Post 3.0
Rampage 1 n 2.
Couture 1
Shogun
Rashad
Even debatably Jardine Phone Post
5/29/13 11:54 AM
chaplinshouse
703 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Chuck can go shopping at chins r us I like his chances with a smart gameplan

5/29/13 11:55 AM
Ip Man 81

I would love to see Silva drop his hands against Chuck. Or back up against the fence and try his matrix magic. Would not work in his favor Phone Post 3.0
5/29/13 11:56 AM
epwar
647 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChokeEmOut -  Prime or not, Anderson would clown him. Chuck was far from technical and rarely faced good strikers and when he did he would get clipped and shoot for legs Phone Post

/thread

5/29/13 11:58 AM
MieshaTatesSideBoob
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aside from Vitor, Anderson hasn't faced a striking threat since Hendo in early '08.

I would give a Prime Chuck with his Prime Chin a chance against Anderson. If he fought the Anderson from back then I say he takes it. Phone Post 3.0
5/29/13 11:58 AM
Refuse to Lose
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would have been a fight for the ages thanks for all the classics Iceman! Phone Post
5/29/13 11:59 AM
Fedor219

Anderson beats him 11 out of 10 fights Phone Post 3.0
Rudi

Ip Man 81 -
Hampage. Phone Post
Bobby Lupo
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They're on different levels. Respect Chuck, but he got whaled on by Rampage and nearly out struck by green Overeem and tiger white. The Anderson that fought Franklin would so the same to chuck. Phone Post 3.0
5/29/13 12:00 PM
Ip Man 81

MMA Lives Here -
Ip Man 81 -
Why don't you just argue with him without calling him faggot, bonehead Phone Post
Bonehead, faggot, bitch....what's the difference? Phone Post 3.0
5/29/13 12:04 PM
Ip Man 81

Rudi -
Ip Man 81 -
Hampage. Phone Post
No no son...that's not being clowned..now Forrest was clowned against Silva. Chuck made the first rampage fight a decent fight, the second he just got caught, I defenitly wouldn't call it being clowned, neither fight. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.