UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Tate: Hate me if you want to

5/30/13 1:36 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Miesha Tate was recently announced as the new opposing coach to Ronda Rousey on the next season of the Ultimate Fighter after original coach Cat Zingano was injured. Despite losing the fight with Zingano, Tate is now sitting her position coach and will have her shot at the women's title again. But if you ask her, she doesn't care how it happenend, but happy that it did:

"People, hate me if you want to, but the fighter in me says I wasn't finished," Tate told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio). "I would have honestly rather the referee let it go and have her knock me out if that's what was destined to be."

It seems, though, that destiny still is in the ex-Strikeforce champ's corner. As reported Tuesday, Zingano suffered a serious knee injury in training and is expected to be sidelined for six to nine months. On Monday, Tate reported to Las Vegas and shocked Rousey when she turned up on the reality-show set.

"I did not expect this by any means after the loss to Cat, but I got it," she said. "I get to fight Ronda again. Everyone knows that I want that. Everyone knows that we don't like each other, and I think that makes for more interesting TV. It just feels right."

read entire article...

5/30/13 1:39 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
dubate
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't hate you. I just hate your nose and your douchey boyfriend. Everything else is perfect. Phone Post
5/30/13 1:43 PM
UGSlapshot
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dubate - I don't hate you. I just hate your nose and your douchey boyfriend. Everything else is perfect. Phone Post
Have you ever heard "the asshole song" by Jimmy Buffett... Phone Post
5/30/13 1:43 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The only thing I hate is the fact that this season of TUF is almost guaranteed to be a drama-fest now.
5/30/13 1:47 PM
danggook

meisha 'cool to hate' tate Phone Post
5/30/13 1:48 PM
45forever
356 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ok,done deal. Phone Post 3.0
5/30/13 1:48 PM
Ryan Williams
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Her and Mr. Tate are working hard towards being the most hated couple in MMA.

This is the exact reason refs shouldn't save fighters from being finished, I've never heard of fighter complaining about the fight being stopped to late but good lord the bitching about early stoppages never ends. Phone Post 3.0
5/30/13 1:50 PM
RazorMMA
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ugh Phone Post 3.0
5/30/13 1:51 PM
RazorMMA
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

People, hate me if you want to........

Done! And with pleasure. Phone Post 3.0
5/30/13 1:59 PM
dubate
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGSlapshot -
dubate - I don't hate you. I just hate your nose and your douchey boyfriend. Everything else is perfect. Phone Post
Have you ever heard "the asshole song" by Jimmy Buffett... Phone Post
I've worked on it my whole life. But I like to think of my comments as constructive criticism, both things are relatively easy fixes and she will be much better off when both of them are removed from the Tate equation. Phone Post
5/30/13 2:01 PM
Rookie Fighter

Tate and her gf love hand outs. Phone Post 3.0
5/30/13 2:12 PM
RazorMMA

john_d1974 - RR v MT is far more entertaining than RR v CZ, anybody who denies it is a damn fool, being hot and cute gets you talked about, sorry CZ you just aint in that league.
The only good side to this fight is rousey gets to rip Tate's arm off and smack the shit out of mr Tate with it. Phone Post 3.0
5/30/13 2:14 PM
meth wizard
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

john_d1974 - RR v MT is far more entertaining than RR v CZ, anybody who denies it is a damn fool, being hot and cute gets you talked about, sorry CZ you just aint in that league.
You can't be serious. I would much rather watch Rousey fight someone she hasn't already destroyed. Phone Post
5/30/13 2:22 PM
RazorMMA

The fighter in her may have said she wasn't finished, but the fighter in cat and her relentless knees to her face said otherwise. Phone Post 3.0
5/30/13 2:23 PM
JerodR
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't mind Tate personally and she is obviously one tough chick to say the least. Many people were worried that the women's division would be all about Rousey and not have other breakout stars. I thought that was going to change course a bit with Cat getting the TUF spot, however now that it is back to Meisha and Ronda again I am a bit disappointed. The women's division needs other names to go mainstream as well. Having someone other that Meisha/Ronda would be better in the long run, however ratings for TUF will probably be a bit better in the short term.

Personally I would like to have seen someone different get that spot, however I am not going to hate on Meisha for taking it. ANYONE would have to be out of their minds to turn that spot on TUF down.

Regardless I look forward to watching the title defense against the real number one contender- Cat Zingano as soon as she is ready.
5/30/13 2:23 PM
MuayThaiMania
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Will do, thanks Meisha! Phone Post
5/30/13 2:26 PM
Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love watching Miesha fight, but I dislike her outside of the cage. Phone Post 3.0
5/30/13 2:31 PM
UGSlapshot

Fraser_Finlay - I love watching Miesha fight, but I dislike her outside of the cage. Phone Post 3.0
IDK, she's not a poor fighter but Gina carano was a better fighter and better looking. Phone Post
5/30/13 2:32 PM
ThunderDove

The fighter in all of us wanted the one who deserved it the most to fight Ronda next.

If Meisha wanted this fight so bad, then why did she not beat Cat in the first or second round of her number one contender fight?

I won't lie. I will watch this season for the drama, but I am beginning to see the similarities in the perceived drama with that of Tito vs Shamrock and Rampage vs Rashad.
5/30/13 2:37 PM
dubate

ThunderDove - The fighter in all of us wanted the one who deserved it the most to fight Ronda next.

If Meisha wanted this fight so bad, then why did she not beat Cat in the first or second round of her number one contender fight?

I won't lie. I will watch this season for the drama, but I am beginning to see the similarities in the perceived drama with that of Tito vs Shamrock and Rampage vs Rashad.
God that Shamrock season was awesome. Do you realize how big of a fucking douchebag you have to be to make Tito Ortiz look sympathetic? Phone Post
5/30/13 2:38 PM
Yun
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't hate you. I just don't care. I think your girlfriend is the biggest f#G in the world Phone Post
5/30/13 2:47 PM
Aleck911
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

War Miesha
War Ronda
I'll be watching this season
I'll also be watching when Cat gets her shot
It's all good Phone Post 3.0
5/30/13 2:48 PM
kerazzle
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What's up with all of this "destiny" and "fate" talk lately? Rousey vs. Tate isn't exactly what you'd call an epic match up considering how the first fight went. Not saying it can't go differently but come on, ease up with the destiny and fate bullshit.
5/30/13 2:49 PM
RazorMMA

ThunderDove - The fighter in all of us wanted the one who deserved it the most to fight Ronda next.

I'm curious which one will bust up a door this season. Phone Post 3.0
5/30/13 2:55 PM
Masakyst
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Hate" is a strong word, but Tate certainly doesn't do herself any favors when she does stuff like this;

http://i.minus.com/ipBczNFJKzyF9.gif

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.