UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Meltzer: Anderson vs. Jones at Cowboys Stadium

5/30/13 4:21 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Card
1907 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/30/13 4:27 PM

"Nothing was said as far as when or where the match will take place. There is an idea floating around to try and put on the biggest show in company history at Cowboys Stadium in Dallas this fall. Several things would have to fall into place for this to happen, the key being Anderson Silva retaining the middleweight title against Chris Weidman, and not being banged up in the process. In addition, Jon Jones would have to be recovered from his own toe injury, and UFC would have to work out a deal to get the two of them to fight. Each has his own reasons, but neither has exactly clamored to fight the other. Having all those things fall into place makes this very much a longshot of actually happening.

The idea would be to have Silva vs. Jon Jones and Velasquez vs. Dos Santos at the stadium, in October, at the same time as the state fair of Texas, perhaps on 10/12 or 10/19. That much is known to be at least something talked about. With Madison Square Garden seeming more and more unlikely for November, this show could be billed as UFC 20th anniversary show, with the idea of trying to repeat the success of UFC 100."

5/30/13 4:24 PM
SLUGSHOT_331
276 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5/30/13 4:24 PM
Hikikomori
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sure...... Phone Post
5/30/13 4:25 PM
John M
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AHHH. ALL ANDY HAS TO DO IS DISPOSE OF WEIDMAN AND WE'LL HAVE THE BIGGEST FIGHT OF ALL TIME ON OUR HANDS!!!!
5/30/13 4:26 PM
BrattMamley
1021 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope Weidman sees this. I'm sure he will. That dude is gonna be so fired up to spoil the UFC's plans. Really interested to see how this all turns out. Phone Post 3.0
5/30/13 4:28 PM
MMALOGIC

weidman could mess this whole thing up. Jones will handle gustaffson easily.
5/30/13 4:28 PM
Loadin76
846 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh if only

5/30/13 4:29 PM
Chris27

No point in getting worked up about this, lots of things have to happen first and even if they do they still have to get both guys to say ok. Plus work out the money.

I hope its true cause it would be a huge event but I'm not getting my hopes up.
5/30/13 4:31 PM
caposa
1595 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not happening

5/30/13 4:33 PM
MMALOGIC

^ if you red inbetween the lines both guys have pretty much said ok.

Jones wants one more fight to break the record and then a "superfight".

Anderson just had an interview with the ny post and he said he now prefers jones over gsp and dana should make the fight.
5/30/13 4:34 PM
BobbyDigital420
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

can only hope and wish!

5/30/13 4:34 PM
epwar
651 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

“People ask me that all the time. This is what I believe. I believe my job is to put on fights that people want to see. I keep hearing that and enough people want to see it. I guess I’m gonna have to do it.”  

-Dana White on GSP vs. Anderson Silva Superfight in June 2010...nearly THREE YEARS AGO!!!

5/30/13 4:35 PM
MMALOGIC

would Cain vs JDS and Anderson vs Jones fill cowboys stadium?

Vegas would pay alot of money for those fights.
5/30/13 4:36 PM
DaddyRich
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd spew all over myself if this fight happened on OU/Texas weekend!
5/30/13 4:39 PM
DamnSevern
1190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Horse tickets Phone Post
5/30/13 4:39 PM
DJmixmasterMobbie

epwar - 

“People ask me that all the time. This is what I believe. I believe my job is to put on fights that people want to see. I keep hearing that and enough people want to see it. I guess I’m gonna have to do it.”  

-Dana White on GSP vs. Anderson Silva Superfight in June 2010...nearly THREE YEARS AGO!!!

GSP is barely admitting that he would fight A. Silva this year. What do you think he said three years ago when DFW asked him?
5/30/13 4:40 PM
Chris27

What will end up happening is the UFC really wants this fight, Jones/Silva want it, its closest its ever been to happening and is basically a lock to happen and then Weidman beats Silva in July.

Just when we might be so close to getting the huge super fight we've wanted for years, whether GSP/Silva or now Silva/Jones, finally we could get it and the one roadblock standing in the way ends up beating Silva.

5/30/13 4:40 PM
KevinMcAllister
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We might see Rogamania again if this happens.

5/30/13 4:43 PM
Chris27

epwar - 

Dana just needed to do this to GSP

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/5938/2yotzm9.gif
5/30/13 4:44 PM
Bat21
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epwar - 

This fight makes more sense, so it has a better chance of happening.

5/30/13 4:46 PM
PrestigeWorldwide
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post 3.0
5/30/13 4:51 PM
GrayKickass
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll only care about this fight when contracts have been signed. Right now these words mean nothing. Phone Post
5/30/13 4:52 PM
TheHaunted2

What is fall? Like september, cos I doubt anderson would give himself 2 months to have the biggest and most challenging fight of his career. Phone Post
5/30/13 5:11 PM
Spiderknows
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If this card happens I think I'll sob like a small child for a few days while rocking backwards and forwards with clenched fists. Then I'd cackle like a deranged maniac for the following few weeks. Lastly, I think I'd shit my pants non stop on the day of the fight.
Maybe this fight card shouldn't happen for the sake of my mental health :( Phone Post
5/30/13 5:20 PM
BigBlack23
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.