UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> John Howard would fight on Boston card for free

5/30/13 9:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Ed Kapp
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

John Howard, undefeated through five fights since leaving the UFC, recently caught up with AboveAndBeyondMMA.com to reflect on the Boston bombings, sparring with one of the alleged bombers and his hopes of fighting on the UFC's card in August.

AboveAndBeyondMMA.com: What is your position in the Boston MMA scene?

John Howard: I really don’t know, man. That question is kind of up in the air for me, too. I want to ask my Boston people that — what’s my position? I want to represent Boston. After the terrorist thing happened, Boston needs some hope. We need a comeback. We need greatness. I think right now I am that. I’m on five-fight win streak, I believe the UFC is coming to Boston August 17th and I should be, you know, the pioneer for Boston. I should represent for Boston. We do have some other Mass. fighters, but not Boston fighters. I’m Boston-raised, born and raised in Boston. There are other Mass. fighters who claim they are from Boston; they’re from Massachusetts, not from Boston. I’m from Boston. I live right here in Dorchester — a Boston city — and these other fighters who claim Boston don’t live in Boston, they live in Massachusetts, not Boston. There’s a big difference, man. Boston is the capital of New England. I live in the capital, so I believe I should represent the capital.

AABMMA: Does it feel like it’s your time — is everything aligning for John Howard right now?

JH: I think it’s my time, man. I just turned 30 not that long ago. I’ve just now hit my prime. It’s my time. It’s my time, man. This is how I feel, man: I’m ready to fight “GSP” right now. If Dana White called me today or a few hours from now — whatever — and told me to fight “GSP”, I would say I’m ready. I’m ready to fight whoever. I’ve got all of my losses and all of my situations in the past. My life is a little bit better now. I have a better understanding of what I am and I’m ready to fight. My goal one day is to be the UFC Boston champion. I want to bring the gold to Boston. That’s my goal in life right now. My first goal is to fight in Boston — that’s my dream — and my second goal is to bring that gold to Boston. Boston needs a UFC champion — they deserve it!

AABMMA: If Dana White is reading this, what’s your plea to get on this Boston card?

JH: Dana White, I know you watch me, man. I’m from Dorchester — I’m from Boston, brother. Help me out, man. Give me a second chance. I beg you to give me a second chance and I’ll prove to you that, not only do I belong there, but I can be that next welterweight champion. Bring me back, man — bring me back! This is how serious I am about this — you don’t need to pay me to fight! Don’t pay me — I’ll fight for free! I’ll fight for free just to fight in Boston for the UFC. “Doomsday” will fight for free just to fight in Boston, just to fight in front of his people. You can make it a one-fight deal — a one-fight deal — and let me go after that, but let me fight in Boston! Let me represent Boston. Let me be the spokesman for Boston.

http://aboveandbeyondmma.com/?p=627

5/30/13 9:38 PM
BrunoMcGyver
246 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5/30/13 10:55 PM
Dugs95
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hope they do Phone Post 3.0
5/30/13 10:58 PM
YVES JOCKSTRAP
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Always liked him Phone Post 3.0
5/30/13 11:08 PM
Jack Brown
415 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good luck. Phone Post
5/30/13 11:08 PM
epwar
638 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do it Dana!

5/30/13 11:13 PM
savage043
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hope he gets it Phone Post 3.0
5/30/13 11:25 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

He may actually do it for free, but they would never actually do that. Phone Post
5/30/13 11:25 PM
ColefistbumpedmyBuffer

Bring him back!!!! Ttt Phone Post
5/30/13 11:58 PM
UGCTT_5 for fighting
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt for John Howard! Give the man a chance!! Phone Post
5/31/13 12:09 AM
The Acorn
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rally for Doomsday, lets blow up Dana whites twitter Phone Post 3.0
5/31/13 12:13 AM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
795 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Help a Boston brotha out Dana! Give Doomsday another chance! Phone Post 3.0
5/31/13 12:18 AM
Smokemonster
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana

I double dog dare ya Phone Post
5/31/13 12:24 AM
mofomike
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5/31/13 12:46 AM
allforroy
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brings it every time. Love to se him back. Phone Post 3.0
5/31/13 12:52 AM
WolfTicketedByMartialArtsMixed

Dana,Give this man a fight! Phone Post 3.0
5/31/13 1:02 AM
Pappy Knuckles
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Doomsday was crazy entertaining. Dana needs to bring him back.
5/31/13 1:07 AM
bispingpokedmybrowneye
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hes on a 5 fight win a streak. Why not? You can bet your ass there will be at least one fighter who isnt as good as howard on the card so why not? Phone Post
5/31/13 1:22 AM
MRG1
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt for Doomsday!
Usually a very entertaining fighter.
And met him once when I was towing, had to tow a friend of his car when he got arrested. John drove him there the next day to pick it up.
Very cool dude.
Def rooting for him to get another chance, esp on this card. Do it Dana! Phone Post
5/31/13 1:23 AM
Lefthook33
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Give this man a second shot! Phone Post
5/31/13 1:44 AM
ChillyWilly

I want 5 dollar for each time I just read 'Boston' Phone Post 3.0
5/31/13 1:52 AM
rampageforpresident

5 fight win streak. From boston. I say give him a chance.
5/31/13 1:57 AM
WelshWarrior
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Give the man his second chance Phone Post
5/31/13 2:12 AM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

Hasn't lost since being released. 5 consecutive wins, 4 consecutive finishes in the 1st or 2nd. I could see bringing him back, even if they weren't going back to Boston. Phone Post
5/31/13 2:43 AM
jmont

always like howard, didnt realize hes on a five fight win streak outside ufc, they should bring him back Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.