UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Silva still interesting in boxing Roy Jones

5/30/13 11:32 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

A potential superfight with Anderson Silva and either Georges St-Pierre or Jon Jones seems inevitable, but the superfight the champion is most interested in may suprise you:

Silva, the undisputed pound-for-pound best MMA fighter in the world, told The Post in a phone interview Wednesday that he would want to get into a ring or a cage with Jones Jr. “much, much more” than engage in a UFC champion vs. champion superfight with Jon Jones or Georges St-Pierre.

“I think everyone’s got something they’re focused on and that’s my own desire, something I’d like to do,” Silva said through a translator. “Maybe one day when I’m done my UFC career I will box Roy Jones.”

Silva said he’d be interested in taking on Jones Jr. twice – once in a bout with MMA rules and another in a boxing ring. He said he knows Jones Jr. and calls him “a great champion.”

read entire article... 

5/30/13 11:47 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Anderson P. Sonnen
683 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hmmm intrested..... Phone Post
5/31/13 1:45 AM
Brabo Ben
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would just be a whirlwind of bobbing and weaving, even when they are old as fuck Phone Post 3.0
5/31/13 1:54 AM
inf0
303 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5/31/13 3:10 AM
GC111
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson has already said this 4-5 years ago before Roy Jones really started to decline.
5/31/13 3:14 AM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jones is completely shot. The way he ruined his legacy is so  sad.

5/31/13 6:45 AM
AWdub

YouCantHandleMyRiddum -

While I do agree, I think anyone who remembers his hay day won't forgot how ridiculously special he was with talent head and shoulders above any other boxer at the time or maybe even ever. Phone Post 3.0
5/31/13 7:31 AM
MarkRobinson
1203 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I still think a completely declined RRJ would bring it to Anderson.

Would be great to watch. Phone Post 3.0
5/31/13 7:31 AM
MarkRobinson
1203 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AWdub -
YouCantHandleMyRiddum -

While I do agree, I think anyone who remembers his hay day won't forgot how ridiculously special he was with talent head and shoulders above any other boxer at the time or maybe even ever. Phone Post 3.0
Agree with this as well. Phone Post 3.0
5/31/13 8:00 AM
Shoryuken Rw

Although not the topic, Anderson Silva is not the "undisputed" best pound for pound fighter. Phone Post 3.0
5/31/13 8:27 AM
Onlyonemichaelbisping

How can he get on chael for shit talking fantasy match ups when he's playing this card? He has no interest or intention of fighting Roy, not while he has an mma career anyway Phone Post
5/31/13 9:11 AM
Shoryuken Rw

Of course he is. Of course. Phone Post 3.0
5/31/13 11:35 AM
dermotfix
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chaelismyhero - I read where Steve Collins want to fight RJJ. I always liked Steve Collins.

Other way 'round

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/22558929

5/31/13 11:59 AM
MagSlim

I get the boxing part, but why would he want to fight him in MMA? That would just be silly.
5/31/13 12:46 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
877 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rather fight Roy then Jon or George, okay.

5/31/13 1:24 PM
romadant

I don't really get the point of the MMA thing. Silva, quite possibly the greatest MMA fighter ever, would destroy him without breaking a sweat. It would be the same as me grabbing a football and pretending to be Adrian Peterson while running toward Patrick Willis.

The boxing match - I think Anderson takes it at this point too. RJJ was never the "perfect" boxer like Mayweather is. He got by on ridiculous athleticism that nobody could come close to matching. Now that it's gone I think Anderson, based on his own natural talent and perfect timing, takes it pretty easily. If it were someone like Mayweather, even past their prime, I think Anderson loses. For instance, Hopkins beats Anderson in a pure boxing match and does it easily.

Anderson is a bad motherphawker.
5/31/13 2:25 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
877 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson wouldn't even be top 10 in his division in Boxing. Roy is still more skilled at 44, he's too intelligent and has a lot more boxing experience.

5/31/13 2:35 PM
Poptarts

Is Silva allowed to throw kicks and knees? If so, Anderson round 2 KO vs Prime RJJ. Otherwise, he gone lose bad.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.