UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Le, Bisping interested in future fight

5/31/13 1:42 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1053 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Michael Bisping and Cung Le have both recently expressed interest in fighting each other. Bisping is coming off a win over Alan Belcher and Le a KO win over Rich Franklin. Both spoke to ESPN about a potential show down:

Bisping versus Le warrants main-card status -- possibly a main-event slot. It would be a fun fight to watch. Plus, a win over Bisping secures a top-10 middleweight ranking for Le. 

“That would be a great fight for the fans,” Le said. “That would be a big fight. But I’m not the one to make that decision. Whether I’m at the top of that list for the fight or on the bottom, it ultimately comes down to who Joe Silva and the UFC decide who we fight.” 

Bisping, however, might be given some say-so in the matter. That would be good news for Le. 

“Of those three, Cung Le would be the most attractive,” Bisping told ESPN.com. “He’s on a two-fight win streak. He just knocked out Rich Franklin. So I would fight him.”

read entire article... 

5/31/13 2:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Tolstolobic
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Should be good fight Phone Post
5/31/13 3:02 PM
epwar
649 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bisping against another non-top 10 guy?  You don't say!  

No one (except Bisping) has Cung Le in the top 10.

5/31/13 3:25 PM
MexiCain AmeriCain
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dont want to see this fight. Bisping out cardios Le and Le won't land the big shot to KO Bisping. Mike jabs and jogs for the entire fight and cruises to a boring UD Phone Post 3.0
5/31/13 3:27 PM
Rob San Soo

Le via mule kick Phone Post 3.0
5/31/13 3:28 PM
jcblass

I don't like the way the UFC is using Cung, they have given him tough fight after tough fight without any reward. He can't be expected to beat, Wanderlei Silva, Patrick Cote, Rich Franklin, Michael Bisbing all in a couple years. Give the guy a scrub or let him be a "warm up" fight for the champion. He isn't getting any younger. Even if he beats Bisbing, he still wouldn't get a title fight. His stay in the UFC is utterly pointless.
5/31/13 3:30 PM
sly fox
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

think that would be a good one to watch

5/31/13 5:08 PM
EckY
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epwar - 

Bisping has fought some of the best fighters that have ever fought at MW and LHW, I really dont understand why people bring up this top 10 shit.

Hendo, Vitor, Stann, Akiyama, Kang, Sonnen, Rashad, Belcher and Wanderlei are all elite guys, and outside of Vitor and Hendo, Bisping more than held his own with them.
5/31/13 5:28 PM
ChaosOverkill
457 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bisping looking to give Le a good fight for the fans? Oh no get the top ten pitch forks out!

5/31/13 6:49 PM
mikemalc
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jcblass - I don't like the way the UFC is using Cung, they have given him tough fight after tough fight without any reward. He can't be expected to beat, Wanderlei Silva, Patrick Cote, Rich Franklin, Michael Bisbing all in a couple years. Give the guy a scrub or let him be a "warm up" fight for the champion. He isn't getting any younger. Even if he beats Bisbing, he still wouldn't get a title fight. His stay in the UFC is utterly pointless.
He didn't beat wanderlei but I appreciate what you're saying Phone Post 3.0
5/31/13 7:09 PM
alkysmurf
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love this fight. And you bet your ass if le pulled off a finish he'd be a tune up before Anderson/Jones fight.

Its a recognizable opponent, who they could play up a whole traditional ma striker vs the multi disciplined mma striker.

And if by chance this were to go down, I'd watch, maybe at a bar, but I'd watch. Phone Post
5/31/13 7:12 PM
alkysmurf
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shit that head liner on a fox card would do huge numbers, but again the timing and a spectacular showing vs bisping (which I doubt) are prerequisites... Phone Post
5/31/13 7:30 PM
Devlin
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epwar -

Lots of people want this fight, who currently would you rather see.either man face? Phone Post
5/31/13 7:50 PM
Savron

Its not a great fight and far from a big fight....

YAAAAAAWN

Le will gas after chasing Spitsping around his jab and jog routine midway through the second...
5/31/13 8:30 PM
aarick161

I like it. Cung wins by karate chop. Phone Post 3.0
5/31/13 8:35 PM
DoomFarmer
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd love to see it.
5/31/13 9:24 PM
epwar
649 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Devlin - 
epwar -

Lots of people want this fight, who currently would you rather see.either man face? Phone Post

Okami.  Ridiculous that the guys currently ranked top 4 and 5 haven't crossed paths in the 6 years Bisping has been at MW.

5/31/13 9:27 PM
epwar

Edited: 05/31/13 9:29 PM
EckY - 
epwar - 

Bisping has fought some of the best fighters that have ever fought at MW and LHW, I really dont understand why people bring up this top 10 shit.

Hendo, Vitor, Stann, Akiyama, Kang, Sonnen, Rashad, Belcher and Wanderlei are all elite guys, and outside of Vitor and Hendo, Bisping more than held his own with them.

LOL @ you putting Stann, Akiyama, Kang, Belcher and Wanderlei as top 10 fighters he has faced.  They weren't at the time and aren't now.  If you're new to Zuffa Count/Re-Count game: fights 3-4 non-top 10 guys, wins, faces top 10 guy, loses, repeat.

He's ranked no. 4 at MW (LOL!) so he should face one of the following top 10 guys he hasn't faced: 

-Okami

-Jacare

-Phillipou

-Rockhold

-Boestch

Instead the UFC is talking up a match with Cung Le?  LOL!

5/31/13 9:31 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/31/13 9:41 PM
TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
A Yung Cung would have kicked the Dung out of Bisping. Now, it's an interesting fight, but Bisping would win.
6/1/13 5:10 AM
Devlin
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epwar -
Devlin - 
epwar -

Okami.  Ridiculous that the guys currently ranked top 4 and 5 haven't crossed paths in the 6 years Bisping has been at MW.

I'd like to see that one more as well actually, nevermind. I suppose people want this fight because they're hopeing bisping geta hightlight reeled again. Phone Post
6/1/13 5:46 AM
Chimp Strength
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epwar -
EckY - 
epwar - 

LOL @ you putting Stann, Akiyama, Kang, Belcher and Wanderlei as top 10 fighters he has faced.  They weren't at the time and aren't now.  If you're new to Zuffa Count/Re-Count game: fights 3-4 non-top 10 guys, wins, faces top 10 guy, loses, repeat.

He's ranked no. 4 at MW (LOL!) so he should face one of the following top 10 guys he hasn't faced: 

-Okami

-Jacare

-Phillipou

-Rockhold

-Boestch

Instead the UFC is talking up a match with Cung Le?  LOL!

Stann and Belcher were 100% top 10. Belcher was #10 in the UFC rankings for that fight, it was displayed on the graphics during the announcements. How do you explain him not being top 10 on that basis?
Having said that, while Im sick of your constant whining, I agree he should be fighting Okami and not Le. Phone Post 3.0
6/1/13 7:09 AM
GarlicSauce

I like this title.

"I want Le Bisping to win zis, Monsieur."

- French Bisping fan
6/1/13 8:25 AM
Dugs95

MexiCain AmeriCain - Dont want to see this fight. Bisping out cardios Le and Le won't land the big shot to KO Bisping. Mike jabs and jogs for the entire fight and cruises to a boring UD Phone Post 3.0
Most likely Phone Post 3.0
6/1/13 8:32 AM
Evzey
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EckY -
epwar - 

Exactly! No many guys have a better resume Phone Post
6/1/13 11:09 AM
GenghisKwan
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lets just see them fight Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.