UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Can Anyone School Me on Intermittent fasting?

5/31/13 1:43 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
OneGloveJimmerson
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Have heard several folks voice favorable opinions on LeanGains style of I-F and am wondering if anyone would be willing to post a walk through. A walkthrough on not eating? you say! I know it sounds facetious but all my years cutting weight for wrestling only taught me that fasting/starving myself led to acheing bones, shrinking muscles, and a spacey mind.

I am looking to shape up a little tighter for summer and will continue lifting heavy to keep my LBM up

Any and all help is appreciated!
5/31/13 2:25 PM
Shanle929
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This isn't fasting but to achieve your goals look into Velocity Diet. I guinea pig myself on different ideas and theories, just to educate myself. It was very affective and lasts 28 days. Just do exactly as it says. It's a pricey upfront cost but its cheaper than buying a months worth of food so long term savings is there. You still need to eat right after the fact to keep your look so your eating has to be spot on. But it works and in a short time. Good luck. Phone Post 3.0
5/31/13 3:01 PM
JamesDean57
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I learned by going here and reading.

http://www.leangains.com/
6/1/13 4:21 AM
scottbut
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There's a thread been made recently with lots if info and check out rippedbody.jp as well as leangains. Rb has a good article on calculating your macros Phone Post 3.0
6/1/13 5:16 PM
JamesDean57
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just remembered this by John M. Berardi.

http://www.precisionnutrition.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Intermittent-Fasting_Precision-Nutrition-2.pdf
6/2/13 12:15 AM
redrum85
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm doing it and getting great results, saves me a lot of time skipping breakfast and not preparing so many meals..I eat between 12:30pm-8:30pm more or less Phone Post 3.0
6/2/13 2:43 PM
OneGloveJimmerson
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

redrum85 - I'm doing it and getting great results, saves me a lot of time skipping breakfast and not preparing so many meals..I eat between 12:30pm-8:30pm more or less Phone Post 3.0

do you feel it effecting your workouts at all?
6/3/13 12:52 PM
UGCTT_5 for fighting
235 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
6/3/13 1:12 PM
Jesus KO'd stayrad
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There is a huge thread on the OG Phone Post 3.0
6/4/13 12:23 AM
ArthurKnoqOut
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Read berardi's free ebook then try it
6/4/13 4:45 PM
WhiteDynamite
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't count calories or dick around with macros and all that shit. The quick and easy "what's working for me" method:

Only eat between noon and 8PM, though on non-workout days I sometimes tighten this to 1PM-7PM.

I work out around 10 AM, weights, lasts around 40 minutes. I then wait about an hour to eat.

On NON workout days I eat two or three meals, not huge portions, consisting of about any cut of meat - generally steak (ribeye, strip) or chicken that I've grilled - and a good helping of a veggie. Broccoli and spinach are my go-to. There's a Tuscan seasoned broccoli in a steamer bag in the frozen food section that is AWESOME. I usually have an apple or pear a day too. So basically higher fat content in the meat, pretty much only carbs from veggies.

On workout days I eat two or three meals, larger than non-workout days, my biggest being my first meal of the day. It consists of a leaner meat like sirloin, chicken breast, or fish, a veggie, and either quinoa, brown rice, sweet potato, or baked potato. My last/later meal in the day will taper off the carb.

I give myself two cheat meals a week, usually pizza or biscuits and gravy.

Other than the cheat meal I really eat no grains but quinoa, which you can make taste like roman noodles. I really limit my dairy, but am not opposed to occasional cheese on my higher fat days.

It make take about a week to get used to the fasting part - stick it out. You aren't going to starve to death. Once you're used to it you'll feel pretty damn good.

Hope this helps.

6/4/13 4:48 PM
WhiteDynamite
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OneGloveJimmerson - 
redrum85 - I'm doing it and getting great results, saves me a lot of time skipping breakfast and not preparing so many meals..I eat between 12:30pm-8:30pm more or less Phone Post 3.0

do you feel it effecting your workouts at all?

I know it's not directed at me, but I seem to be MORE focused working out fasted. I do not use supplements except amino acid pills and a sublingual b-12 vitamin 30 minutes before working out.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.