UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Liddell: I didn't want to retire, but it was right

5/31/13 2:11 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

With the retirement of Chuck Liddell, Tito Ortiz, Randy Couture, Forrest Griffin, and others, an entire generation of fighters is almost gone.

At a recent fan Q&A session in Brazil Liddell, now UFC executive vice president of business development, discussed how hard it is to retire, and that it was the right decision.

"I talked to my family, my coaches, and then I went to Dana," said Liddell said. "I talked to Dana. Dana and I actually went to dinner, and he thought I was going to ask him to fight again. I came to dinner, and I said, 'You know what? I'm done.' He was relieved."

"Obviously he had made comments that he didn't want me to fight again. He was relieved, and then I asked him to just hold off for about three months and give me some time to get adjusted to it before I have to talk to people about it because it was a hard decision for me.

"I love fighting, and I didn't want to stop, but it was the right decision at the time between my coaches and my family."

There appears to be only one thing left that would bring Liddell back in the cage.

"I'd always like to hit Tito," Liddell joked. "That would always be fun, so that's a possibility, but I don't think that's going to happen.

"I think I made the right decision in retiring. Unless something changes, I'll stay retired."

Read entire article...

5/31/13 2:18 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Refuse to Lose
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stay retired Champ nothing left to prove you'll always be remembered. I'll never forget how deadly Chucks striking was in his prime... Badass fighter. Phone Post
5/31/13 2:32 PM
Ip Man 81
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm all for him knocking Tito silly one last time. Actually catching Tito in a sub would be awesome, as well as highly unlikely.

After all that Anderson talk he's gettin pumped again! He probably lurks the UG and said fuck that after reading through the comments on the thread about him beating Anderson. Phone Post 3.0
5/31/13 4:35 PM
Zanzoken
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chuck could have gone out a lot more gracefully if the UFC had stopped putting him in there with such killers.

They should have realized after the Jardine fight that he had lost a step and needed to fight easier guys.
5/31/13 4:54 PM
orcus

"maynard is now an easy KO after frankie pushed it"

Seems a little early to make that call, he got blasted by a full-on BARRAGE from TJ before going out.

5/31/13 4:57 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
TTThanks for all the great fights Chuck. Enjoy your retirement.
5/31/13 5:05 PM
Leghound
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I'd always like to hit Tito"

There's a reason Wandy wanted to fuck Chuck.  Chocolate Al is the m'fing man!

5/31/13 5:27 PM
Ip Man 81

Zanzoken - Chuck could have gone out a lot more gracefully if the UFC had stopped putting him in there with such killers.

They should have realized after the Jardine fight that he had lost a step and needed to fight easier guys.
No dude just no. Phone Post 3.0
5/31/13 5:30 PM
perfy
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wonder if Chuck has recovered his chin. Seen Wanderlei get brutally KOd a few times but he seems to have recovered his chin so I wonder if that would apply to Chuck as well. Hope he stays retired though. and his acting career seems to be doing alright too.
5/31/13 5:30 PM
ChaosOverkill
554 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2xAA - got his bell rung too many times

after the rampage KO, that button is very sensitive now

maynard is now an easy KO after frankie pushed it

so too many times translates into once for Maynard... right

5/31/13 5:34 PM
UGCTT_BlahBreh
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol damn as a professional athlete and a past world champion it must suck for tito to read this cause chuck just has his number and whooped em so bad both times hahaha.

its okay tito, i would still pay to watch u fight too :)
5/31/13 5:53 PM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku

orcus -

Seems a little early to make that call, he got blasted by a full-on BARRAGE from TJ before going out.

Go listen up grays recent interviews. Not. Good. Phone Post 3.0
6/1/13 11:03 AM
ranier wolfcastle
989 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i ws thinking he should fight 1 last time vs someone with no ko power, win, and retire

6/1/13 11:58 AM
Heikki Mustola
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Its best for his health.. But I do respect his love for fighting, man clearly wants to fight but nevertheless, health is very precious thing for all of us.

And as for that Maynard comment... Come on.
6/1/13 12:43 PM
Steven S

Chuck is still jealous of all the years Tito was pushed it's kind of funny. He just can't get his name out of his head and move on.

6/1/13 6:55 PM
Ip Man 81

Steven S -

Chuck is still jealous of all the years Tito was pushed it's kind of funny. He just can't get his name out of his head and move on.

Jealous? Chuck is 10x's a better person, fighter and champion that Tito was/is. He also seams to have a great family and a pretty attractive women, while Tito has 2 kids with a dirty dirty whore. I doubt Chuck has much to be "jealous" about. Phone Post 3.0
6/1/13 7:01 PM
MasterofMartialArts
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zanzoken - Chuck could have gone out a lot more gracefully if the UFC had stopped putting him in there with such killers.

This
But Chuck went out fighting killers since day one. Dude is a legend. Phone Post 3.0
6/1/13 7:06 PM
Arlovskis Chin
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2xAA -
orcus - 

yes true.....but maynard was always praised for having a decent chin.....now look at him
What's wrong with his chin? There's a MASSIVE difference between getting rocked like Maynard and getting slumped and knocked out. It was stopped because of punishment not because Gray was completely out Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.